• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American hunter illegally killed Cecil the Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

Cecil the lion is dead, killed illegally in Zimbabwe, authorities allege, by a foreign hunter or hunters who paid about $55,000 for the privilege.

Cecil was part of an Oxford University research project and wore a GPS collar.

He was lured out of a national park with food, shot with a crossbow, tracked for 40 more hours, then finished off with a gun, said Johnny Rodrigues, head of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force.

The 13-year-old lion's head was reportedly cut off as a trophy, and his skin was taken as well. Rodrigues told CNN that the head and skin had been found and confiscated, and were being processed as evidence.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/africa/zimbabwe-lion-killed/

This was a well known. Well loved creature. What's worse is that Cecil's cubs will probably all also die because that's how Lions roll.

Cecil the lion's killer said to be an American dentist who paid $55,000

Cecil now leaves behind a pride of lions, including females with whom he mated and 24 of his cubs. Those cubs, preservationists say, will now likely be killed by other lions.

The guy has a history of killing beautiful creatures.

jmq0fQ4m.jpg

Seriously, fuck this guy and his macho ego. I hope we ship him off to Africa for prosecution.

Edit: And here comes the internet revenge. His Yelp page.

Edit edit: Don't call for the killing of fellow humans. The guy is scum and he deserves justice, not death.

And in case you weren't sad enough a video of beautiful Cecil. His rapid eye blinking is a sign of trust and non-aggression.

And some people defend this shit saying the money goes to locals.

He literally is a poacher. They dragged food behind a truck to get the lion out of the national park where he could be shot, tortured and skinned.

The man is a psychopath and should be in prison

Total fucking scumbag cunt.

Cowardly lowlife.

I will hunt him for free.

Can't wait to see people making excuses for this.

TheContact

Fuck this guy. I'm in favor of hunting for preservation. Like that rhino that the hunter paid 300k or whatever to hunt, which all the funds go to preservation, where the rhino wasn't breeding anymore and was killing other rhinos capable of breeding, but this is just some sick fuck who should be shot and hunted himself and have his head displayed as a trophy. I hope at least he gets put in their jail, not the relatively comfy American jails

Edit: title says American hunter but article says spainard

Nvm another article confirms he was American
Here's his yelp dental practice
http://m.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-bloomington?skip_bridge=true

The 13-year-old lion's head was reportedly cut off as a trophy ...
What a beautiful and respectful sport.

That hunter must have been filled with pride and heartfelt appreciation of nature as he went to work cutting the head off of this regal creature.

Clydefrog

Seriously Fuck that guy.

He injured the lion with a crossbow bolt and then waited 40 hours to finish him off?

So sad. Such a beautiful animal.

I'm outraged at this blatant disregard for the autonomy of such amazing animals, our majestic cousins. They should put this guy in prison. *takes giant chomp out of baconator*

I'm not entirely against the idea of hunting (though I personally never would), but I don't get what the thrill of "big game hunting" is if you simply lure the animal minding it's own business out into the open to shoot it.

What's the point of killing just to kill?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
What the fuck. He illegally poached a lion and is getting away with it? What a fucking moron. Glad the accomplices have been arrested and charged but this asshole needs to get slapped with something. A huge fine and a prison term for once. They fucking tried to destroy his GPS collar. He knew what he was doing. That dental clinic needs to fire his ass ASAP. Disgusting.

KarmaCow

I'm normally ambivalent about hunting but the guy lured it out of national park to specifically kill that lion? What a complete asshole.

Mimosa97

This guy is the ultimate cunt.

Fuck everyone who who hunts for sport. People should be prosecuted when they come back from a hunting trip/safari.

I'm not entirely against the idea of hunting (though I personally never would), but I don't get what the thrill of "big game hunting" is if you simply lure the animal minding it's own business out into the open to shoot it.

What's the point of killing just to kill?

Ego

I'm confused how he was able to kill the lion. Usually these type of stupid hunts are sure to kill exotic animals that aren't globally famous...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Cecil now leaves behind a pride of lions, including females with whom he mated and 24 of his cubs. Those cubs, preservationists say, will now likely be killed by other lions.

:( literally destroying whole families.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
And he paid $55,000 for this? Humans, I'll never understand you.

cDNA

So he can hunt certain lions with permission in Zimbabwe and he chooses to hunt one that is protected and part of an investigation.

But you're not even accomplishing anything.

It would be like if I paid Michael Jordan $50,000 to stand still on a basketball court while I beat him in a 1-on-1 game.

The argument for these exotic hunts are usually,

"The animal is old and no longer has sex, the meat is going to fead all these poor black people! See, I'm helping!"

It's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom