• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American hunter illegally killed Cecil the Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a lion guys. People and their selective biases towards animals. Nobody calls the poster smashing spiders with shoes a psychopath.

Chariot

YEAH AND FUCK HIS EMPLOYEES WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT TOO AND PROBABLY HAVE FAMILIES THEY NEED TO FEED.
What's with this argument always? You never want to punish anyone who has employees? No wonder the 1% get away with everything.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It's just a lion guys. People and their selective biases towards animals. Nobody calls the poster smashing spiders with shoes a psychopath.

You don't seem to understand the concept of illegal hunting and poaching. It's not that he killed a lion. It's that he killed a protected animal, in a illegal hunt and tried to destroyed evidence. That's a crime, and hey look at that, the other assholes that were with him are being charged.

I'm not a fan of hunting regardless, but in cases such as these... I really don't get it. There's not even any difficulty/strategy involved in the hunt that a person can conceivably get an interest out of and try to overcome; at that point, you're literally just getting a thrill out of watching a living thing die. It's disturbing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

It was an endangered species that this douche had to pay poachers to lead away from protection so they could kill it. This guy is disgusting and should be extradited to face prosecution as an example to other jackass poachers.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
screen-shot-2015-07-28-at-10-27-11-am1.jpg

he is the asshole on the left. Apparently he has a history of illegal hunting all across the world. UNGHH

unnngghhhh what a piece of useless human scum. Fucking found him in front of me I'da punched his arrogant ass face across the room

Tagyhag

He was lured out of a national park with food, shot with a crossbow, tracked for 40 more hours, then finished off with a gun,

You have to be a special kind of sadist to be a hunter.

Following an injured animal that can't do anything about it for more than 40 hours just to finish it off? Disgusting.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yelp said:
I want to reiterate, you should kill yourself and donate your body to a big cat preserve w/ the express purpose of using your corpse as a scratching post.

QualifiedElegantFoal.gif

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I'm all for similar punishment in this case. Shoot him with an arrow and let him limp away trying to survive for half a day until he finally can't fight any longer.

Fortunately there's a special hell for people like him.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
YEAH AND FUCK HIS EMPLOYEES WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT TOO AND PROBABLY HAVE FAMILIES THEY NEED TO FEED.

He's a dentist.

How can he be called a hunter? he hired some locals and dragged food behind a vehicle to lure an animal out of the reservation (where it was illegal to hunt) and then shot it with a bow and arrow! then they tried to destroy the GPS collar and when they finally 40 HOURS later put the animal out of its misery (or you know take it for medical care...) they cut off its head and skin it

The "professional" say's it was a mistake? no no no yu think its a mistake now you're at the eye of one hell of a shitstorm

This Dentist is scum, there is no skill in this "hunt" its the lamest way of making any creature follow you into a trap, he's a poacher and should be extradited and tried under the harshest poaching laws

But since he won't get extradited lets hope his lively hood is destroyed and he can sit at home in his animal head cave and weep

EDIT

I'm not a fan of hunting regardless, but in cases such as these... I really don't get it. There's not even any difficulty/strategy involved in the hunt that a person can conceivably get an interest out of and try to overcome; at that point, you're literally just getting a thrill out of watching a living thing die. It's disturbing.

You have to be a special kind of sadist to be a hunter.

Following an injured animal that can't do anything about it for more than 40 hours just to finish it off? Disgusting.

sign of a psychopath, he's only one step up from wandering a neighborhood killing pets, the difference being he pays to kill animals that aren't 'owned'

Not the first time he has been accused of disregarding the rules, it seems.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/18015589.html

Well shit sounds like this guy has a wonderful history for ignoring the law, its not much of a leap to think he knows the law just enough to know how to walk that fine line and get away with it

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He says he had the proper permits. Will wait to pass judgement.

He clearly didn't have the permits to do what he did, as his accomplices have been arrested and charged.

I doubt very much that the Zimbabwean authorities gave him permission to lure a famous lion out of their national park, skin it, behead it, and leave it's defiled corpse in the open after trying to destroy it's tracking collar.

ryan13ts

I say throw him out into the area where he lured the Lion from. If there's any karma in the world, the dead Lion's cubs/pride will find him first and get revenge for papa.

I have no sympathy for scum like this.

NEO0MJ

Disgusting.

The argument for these exotic hunts are usually,

"The animal is old and no longer has sex, the meat is going to fead all these poor black people! See, I'm helping!"

It's stupid.

The money is useful, but only when done legally. While killing the animals is unfortunate it will allow others to live. Maintaining these places is expensive after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom