• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koppai

Just got an email from Best Buy confirming Pit will be available to pick up tomorrow. Luigi and Captain Falcon have been sitting there for a while. I work in inventory there so gonna try to snag a extra Luigi for my friend.

Here is my collection so far, I imported Villager and Marth from Japan.
cyHM9rhl.jpg

Toys R Us came through and I ordered two Lucario, Bowser, Pit, and Shiek for $10.99 each. All my best Buy orders with exception of the last one were Buy 2 get 1 Free on top of the Gamers Club discount lol :)

emb

Are most of you guys just in for the smash characters? Anyone going for a complete amiibo collection?
Depends on how they handle the future ones. If big games in the future commonly have up to around 10 figures, and the release of new figures is spaced out with decent gaps, then sure. I'd love to get a full collection. As long as they don't go overboard. If they start releasing amiibo lines with tons of minor enemies and objects for every game (big or small) Nintendo puts out, then I'll snub the new ones and stick to the Smash collection.

I think they'll do fine though.
I'm just going for whoever looks cool

not trying for any complete collections

though god help me if they are insane enough to release all 151 original pokemon
Stop. Just stop. o.o

I would want to go for it so bad, but I know I can't afford that kind of thing.

He said he got them from the B2G1 error, I wouldn't worry about it.
No. Let's not spread misinformation here. This has nothing to do with the B2G1 error. They are honoring that. This is a stock issue. If it was about the glitch they wouldn't have given me Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Kirby, Peach, Yoshi, Zelda, Diddy Kong, and Little Mac. They also Wouldn't be telling me Luigi is available tomorrow.

CH4OS

It's been said before but my guess is they'll release cards that have the same function.

Instead of cards (if they refuse to release the figures), they should release coins like the ones you use in the mini game for the street pass function of the 3DS version of Smash Bros.

Seik

Banned
Just came back from an EBgames I went during lunch time.

Luigi, Luigi everywhere, seriously they had something like 10 of those, all the contrary from 2 weeks ago when the guy told me ''They all vanished in the morning'' which made me panic-order one on Amazon.ca.

He won't be a rare one I'm pretty sure of it...I got caught in the bullshit though. Hope my Amazon Luigi will be A-OK.

prateeko

It's been said before but my guess is they'll release cards that have the same function.

That makes a lot of sense. Easy to produce and gives people the functionality of the original Amiibo without having to produce the figures again (which also causes a problem from a shelf-space standpoint). The coin thing too makes sense from this perspective...

Drago

Got myself a nice looking Peach at Walmart. Checked Gamestop next door to see what they had but it was the same situation as it was at Walmart - totally wiped out of everyone except Peach and DK, and some Kirbys at Walmart.

Still need Luigi, Zelda, and Pikachu (and for Marth and WFT to come in the mail) before I have everyone from Wave 1 and 2. May go out again later to try and find them.

DrkSage

So yesterday I went to gamestop and bought my first amiibos from my favorite Nintendo games. When I picked them up I made sure that they were both in good conditions. I managed to find a Link without its master sword bent, but I wasnt able to find a perfectly straight Samus. The Samus amiibo I found is slightly askew, not much but its still noticeable.

When I got home I really didn't want to remove them from the box and damage the package but I was so tempted and gave in, but instead of opening them up the normal way I grabbed a shaving blade and opened them from the bottom. Everything went fine but now I regret that I did that :/

Cody_D165

Banned
I wanted Little Mac but I didn't want to pay for shipping

so I ordered Little Mac and a Mario with that free shipping promo code

i am weak

melman101

So yesterday I went to gamestop and bought my first amiibos from my favorite Nintendo games. When I picked them up I made sure that they were both in good conditions. I managed to find a Link without its master sword bent, but I wasnt able to find a perfectly straight Samus. The Samus amiibo I found is slightly askew, not much but its still noticeable.

When I got home I really didn't want to remove them from the box and damage the package but I was so tempted and gave in, but instead of opening them up the normal way I grabbed a shaving blade and opened them from the bottom. Everything went fine but now I regret that I did that :/

Haha the same thing happened to me when I did that. I just bought another set of the ones I opened

Seik

Banned
I wanted Little Mac but I didn't want to pay for shipping

so I ordered Little Mac and a Mario with that free shipping promo code

i am weak

Now that you admitted your weakness you can assume it to the maximum a spend tons of moneys on Amiibo! :D

D:

y2dvd

Damn Reggie give us a straight answer. Are you going to produce more of the rare amiibos or not? Should I give my money to y'all or give it to freakin scalpers?

rjinaz

Damn Reggie give us a straight answer. Are you going to produce more of the rare amiibos or not? Should I give my money to y'all or give it to freakin scalpers?

Neither, give it to NCL or NoE. Amazon.fr has the cheapest option currently I believe for Marth and Villager.

Vitacat

Yep.

I have had to hold my wife back from buying a Pit from Europe. We'd really like to know if Nintendo wants to sell us one or not someday.

Drago

Ordered Zelda, Pikachu, and Luigi off of Amazon just now.

I guess that's that! Waves 1+2 complete (in like a week or two)

Code_Link

So my original plan was to only buy the Zelda, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem amiibos.

I've ordered them all but Rosalina. :'(

Scoop-Li

Long time amiibo thread lurker, first time poster. I received my Best Buy in-store pickup emails for Captain Falcon and Pit for tomorrow. Skeptical, I called my Best Buy. The employee told me Captain Falcon is being held and is ready for me to pick up tomorrow but Pit is not. She apologized for the email I received in regards to picking him up in the store tomorrow. She said it was a mistake. She told me no Best Buy stores in my area had received any Pit amiibos. She stated there was an issue with the manufacturer. She told me when I pick up Captain Falcon tomorrow that I can tell them whether or not to maintain my pre-order. She couldn't say definitively if they would ever receive him. I'm not sure how widespread this incident will be. I'd advise all who received pick up emails from Best Buy for Pit to call their store to verify if they actually received their stock. I've collected action figures or action figure-like memorabilia off and on for a long time and have never seen such a mess as this amiibo situation is.

cacildo

Some photos from today:

Best Buy in Porter Ranch, CA:

10866774_10205040464952678_34389459_n.jpg

Toys R Us in Porter Ranch, CA:

10872658_10205040503073631_1431490941_n.jpg

Target in Northridge, CA:

10893627_10205041480098056_1664671946_n.jpg

So, do you all think amiibos are selling well?

(Got mine on christmas. My brother gave me two, but since he choose the ones that seemed like better build quality, i ended up with a Mario and a Yoshi.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom