• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my photo, but I am jealous:

10887727_10153002834161189_1204571558_n.jpg

So, do you all think amiibos are selling well?

(Got mine on christmas. My brother gave me two, but since he choose the ones that seemed like better build quality, i ended up with a Mario and a Yoshi.)

I'm sure some are selling better than others. Not all retail locations are barren like in those photos posted, but it's certainly a good sign and I'm sure retailers are happy with the sales but are unhappy with being unable to more easily obtain stock.

Horohoro

Despicable.

Huck! These things are selling for more than the price on ebay.... I'm gunna buy em all! Aaaahhooohoohooweeeee! :(

Everytime I see pics like this for anything where people have several of something rare or high demand I assume ^^^ that's exactly what's going on in there head..

CH4OS

I'm sure some are selling better than others. Not all retail locations are barren like in those photos posted, but it's certainly a good sign and I'm sure retailers are happy with the sales but are unhappy with being unable to more easily obtain stock.

...Where is that picture from? 0.o
I think we need to bust out the torches and pitchforks on this dic...tator

Got my confirmation from Amazon today that my pre-ordered Pit (ordered on Oct 9th) has shipped! Hopefully they got enough to satisfy everyone else's preorders as well and you can order Pit normally from them soon.

rjinaz

...Where is that picture from? 0.o
I think we need to bust out the torches and pitchforks on this dic...tator

Why, it's not illegal to resell? People can certainly disagree with it, but it's not exactly something to witch hunt over. Just douchy more or less. Though I'll assume you were just kidding around anyway.

kierwynn

My boyfriend got an email from Best Buy saying our Pit and Falcon will be ready for pick up tomorrow. Here's hoping nothing goes wrong. We stopped by our local Target for something and they had 3 Falcons, but we didn't grab one because we're going to trust Best Buy for now. They also had like 8 Diddys there, too. Hoping Rosalina won't be too hard to pick up from there when she comes out.

Why, it's not illegal to resell? People can certainly disagree with it, but it's not exactly something to witch hunt over. Just douchy more or less. Though I'll assume you were just kidding around anyway.

i agree with him ready the pitch forks its people like this that make it harder for people to get them for themselves and or there kids as gifts i wish stores would impose a limit like they did when skylanders got popular to only allow people to buy 1 or 2 of the same one at a time.

akileese

Got my confirmation from Amazon today that my pre-ordered Pit (ordered on Oct 9th) has shipped! Hopefully they got enough to satisfy everyone else's preorders as well and you can order Pit normally from them soon.

Best Buy confirmed mine as well. Nothing from TRU about Falcon though.

OmegaFax

It's getting really hard to not buy Amiibo. There was a thread early November called something like "Which Amiibo are you?" ... and had it bookmarked to see if my opinions changed any. I ended up getting everything I said I would + Luigi. Wave 3 is going to be a nightmare. Toon Link, Dedede, Meta Knight, Mega Man, Sonic, and Bowser. So many favorites. Gonna need a bigger shelf.

HYSwsbtl.jpg

I'd originally used that shelf for all my Game Boy systems over the years. The tape didn't hold too well.

rjinaz

i agree with him ready the pitch forks its people like this that make it harder for people to get them for themselves and or there kids as gifts i wish stores would impose a limit like they did when skylanders got popular to only allow people to buy 1 or 2 of the same one at a time.

Well he wanted to know where the picture was from which made it seem like he was prepared to make it more personal.

Anyway, I agree, I really wish places would implement a 2 purchase limit. I mean a good scalper will find ways around it (create multiple accounts, visit multiple stores, have others purchase them) but it makes it harder at any rate and may discourage all but the most dedicated.

It's getting really hard to not buy Amiibo. There was a thread early November called something like "Which Amiibo are you?" ... and had it bookmarked to see if my opinions changed any. I ended up getting everything I said I would + Luigi. Wave 3 is going to be a nightmare. Toon Link, Dedede, Meta Knight, Mega Man, Sonic, and Bowser. So many favorites. Gonna need a bigger shelf.

HYSwsbtl.jpg

I'd originally used that shelf for all my Game Boy systems over the years. The tape didn't hold too well.
repeatedly missing my chances to order pit and falcon online in conjunction with rosalina and lucario preorder shenanigans temporarily broke me. I haven't even been staring covetously at marth and villager lately.

Blues1990

In case if anyone wants to have a King Dedede of their very own, AmiAmi had just reopened their pre-orders for the penguin.

All I need to do now is to pre-order Meta Knight, and all is well. Shame about Pit, though. :(

The Flash

Banned
So I saw that one of my local Gamestops had Fox Amiibos in stock and I went over to investigate. Turns out they had 1 but it was reserved. Slightly bummed out I decided to get Kirby instead. As I'm grabbing my rewards card I discover a $50 Visa gift card in one the side pockets of my wallet. Tried it out and it paid for the whole thing. Grabbed Yoshi after that it paid for him in full too.

A48ZcQA.jpg

I don't know anything about these but I picked up a Samus amiibo the other day for fun.

What now? lol. I do in fact have Smash... can I use the amiibo in any other game?

rjinaz

So I saw that one of my local Gamestops had Fox Amiibos in stock and I went over to investigate. Turns out they had 1 but it was reserved. Slightly bummed out I decided to get Kirby instead. As I'm grabbing my rewards card I discover a $50 Visa gift card in one the side pockets of my wallet. Tried it out and it paid for the whole thing. Grabbed Yoshi after that it paid for him in full too.

A48ZcQA.jpg

Dang, the tooth fairy is paying good these days.

Jomjom

Banned
There's a Diddy at the Gamestop right outside UC Riverside. If anyone wants to go pick it up I can pm you a $5 off coupon to get it for 7.99. Passed on it because I have one already.

Call and the rep should hold it for you.

Nori Chan

Lol i forgot that I bought Villager from entertainment earth...I wonder if I'll get it. Does anybody have experience with entertainment earth?

CH4OS

Well he wanted to know where the picture was from which made it seem like he was prepared to make it more personal.

Anyway, I agree, I really wish places would implement a 2 purchase limit. I mean a good scalper will find ways around it (create multiple accounts, visit multiple stores, have others purchase them) but it makes it harder at any rate and may discourage all but the most dedicated.

I don't even own a pitchfork. I would be like Sheldon and get whatever nerdy weapon I brought to deal out punishment stolen by the mean scalper...and than probably scalped (not me, the weapon).

Blues1990

So what do people want to see in the OP for the next thread?

Making it and I'm open to suggestions.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2 - Let Go Of My Amiibo!
Amiibo Discussion Thread 2 - Uh, that was fast....
Amiibo Discussion Thread 2 - "And then they made a billion dollars."
Amiibo Discussion Thread 2 - An Amiibo Odyssey

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Lol i forgot that I bought Villager from entertainment earth...I wonder if I'll get it. Does anybody have experience with entertainment earth?

My Marth was cancelled from there so...

I wonder if I'll be able to get Pit from there.

rjinaz

I don't even own a pitchfork. I would be like Sheldon and get whatever nerdy weapon I brought to deal out punishment stolen by the mean scalper...and than probably scalped (not me, the weapon).

Haha, nah I hear you. I certainly understand your anger, especially if you really want one and then some tool has 8 and is reselling them for money. It stings. I think it's only going to get worse once the store exclusives actually come out.

CH4OS

SCALPER! You have failed this city!

...but probably made quite a name for yourself in the scalper community :/

Anyone in the St Louis area, the Toys R Us in South County has 2 Fox left, a few Zelda, and dozens of Luigi. They have TWO Amiibo displays, one right when you walk in with just the mainstays and a second in the game section that takes up a whole side of an aisle. Competing for space with Infinity and Skylanders but clearly less well stocked.

And weirdly : ZERO Pikachu! I wanted one, but there were none at all. I wonder if Pika is following Fox down the slowly-becoming-rare road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom