• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So what do people want to see in the OP for the next thread?

Making it and I'm open to suggestions.

Well, Just make a good list of amiibo and their functions with specific games.

Mario Kart 8 feature for Amiibo

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1415251856-mario-kart-8-amiibo.jpg

http://i1.wp.com/www.nintendofuse.c...acingSuits_illustration_04.png?resize=600,223

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/ar....png/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

Smash Bros Amiibo

You can borrow some information from my Smash OT.

AifN0jb.png

ivixbsx.png

Hyrule Warrior

Link will get his unique weapon, Spinner from Link Amiibo.

HW-spinner.jpg

With other Amiibo, you might get random rewards. If you use Zelda, then you might get level 2 or level 3 weapons (I don't remember specific tho)

Kirby Wii U

You can use Metaknight, Dedede and Kirby Amiibo for power up in new Kirby game.

Also make sure that you mention that One Piece 3DS will get Amiibo support where you can dress up main characters as nintendo characters.

Other Advices

You should included Wave 3 information, and keep it update with new waves upcoming.

And weirdly : ZERO Pikachu! I wanted one, but there were none at all. I wonder if Pika is following Fox down the slowly-becoming-rare road.

Oh god I thought it was just near me. Pikachu has appeared less and less in stores now. A friend of mine mentioned that he has it set up to amazon to notify him when a character goes out of stock, and Pikachu did at some point about a week ago, so he rushed out and grabbed one.

Pikachu maybe next for the chopping block? If this upcoming game that Game Freak is talking about is a new amiibo supported Pokemon game, that could drive up sales for him. If it's not, that's kind of a nail in the coffin for him to be supported more in the future. Pikachu is one of the weird ones that doesn't do anything in any other game, isn't it?

rjinaz

Oh god I thought it was just near me. Pikachu has appeared less and less in stores now. A friend of mine mentioned that he has it set up to amazon to notify him when a character goes out of stock, and Pikachu did at some point about a week ago, so he rushed out and grabbed one.

Pikachu maybe next for the chopping block? If this upcoming game that Game Freak is talking about is a new amiibo supported Pokemon game, that could drive up sales for him. If it's not, that's kind of a nail in the coffin for him to be supported more in the future. Pikachu is one of the weird ones that doesn't do anything in any other game, isn't it?

Dang it, I'm not ready to buy pikachu. Maybe next week. Hopefully he remains on Amazon for a little while longer.

Blues1990

Yep, and I think it's a missed opportunity to have a Pikachu Costume in Mario Kart 8, or some other form of functionality outside of Smash Bros.

Jawmuncher

Well, Just make a good list of amiibo and their functions with specific games.

Mario Kart 8 feature for Amiibo

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1415251856-mario-kart-8-amiibo.jpg

http://i1.wp.com/www.nintendofuse.c...acingSuits_illustration_04.png?resize=600,223

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/ar....png/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

Smash Bros Amiibo

You can borrow some information from my Smash OT.

AifN0jb.png

ivixbsx.png

Hyrule Warrior

Link will get his unique weapon, Spinner from Link Amiibo.

HW-spinner.jpg

With other Amiibo, you might get random rewards. If you use Zelda, then you might get level 2 or level 3 weapons (I don't remember specific tho)

Kirby Wii U

You can use Metaknight, Dedede and Kirby Amiibo for power up in new Kirby game.

Also make sure that you mention that One Piece 3DS will get Amiibo support where you can dress up main characters as nintendo characters.

Other Advices

You should included Wave 3 information, and keep it update with new waves upcoming.

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me use your info will help put it all together.

LowSignal

So what do people want to see in the OP for the next thread?

Making it and I'm open to suggestions.

All the DLC info and a cool name like

Amiibo discussion :: We are all Amiibros now::
Amiibo discussion :: One Amiibo to rule them all and in darkness bind them::
Amiibo discussion :: Scalpers need not apply::
Amiibo discussion :: Hide yo kids hide yo wife they buying Amiibos out here::
Amiibo discussion :: Gota Catch em all::

Would anyone oppose/help to make a separate Amiibo thread where we discuss how-tos and tricks on how to customize the figurines? I have received a lot of questions on Tumblr on the topic...

The Pokemon Company has to approve any Pokemon crossover content like that and they're more protective of their brand than most Nintendo IP. Not surprised he's had nothing special in other games yet.

But I imagine there has to be a Pokemon based Amiibo game in the works with its own series of Amiibos or something. Smash Pikachu may be running out, but Pokken Fighter Pikachu could be his replacement? Who knows.

I'd put him in the same pool as Fox now though.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
and Amazon EU SarL is amazon?

I don't know about that one. But my log in work for amazon.jp .fr .de .co.uk so don't see why it can't :D

Someone tell me it's a bad idea to start buying these and hiding then from my wife.

Oh man you came to wrong place. If anything we will enable you to get them lol. Some will post a link for Pit and you'll be like "Put is super rare got to get him before the scalpers do!" Next thing you know you pre-ordered everything and you think to yourself "what am I doing with my life" lol

Ugh, the cheapest Little Mac on eBay is $30, cheapest US Pit is $40..

WTF are you doing nintendo?

You have empty store shelves and no interest in fulfilling demand?

I hope I can get pit and little mac but hope is running low. I think they will be as expensive/htf as villager and wii fit trainer.

Koren

Out of curiosity... Is Wave 3 cut in half in Europe?

Preorders (for january 23th) I've seen only show Toon Link, Rosalina, Ike, Bowser, Lucario and Sheik.

Interestingly, thats numbers 19 to 24.

Will we receive Dedede, Megaman, Metaknight, Sonic, etc. at a later date?

Blues1990

They did. They used Silver/Gold shiny colors for Charizard, and I think Pikachu had shiny colors. I could be wrong.

Yep. Charizard's Purple Alt. is based off of his shiny apperance in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, with the Orange Pikachu (that wears the Choice Band on his head) is Pikachu's Alt, & the Black Greninja is Greninja's shiny palette. Jigglypuff's default Smash Bros. colour is based off shiny colour, while it's various alts bounce back between it's normal & shiny variants.

Lucario was the only one that had lucked out on getting it's shiny colours as an alternative costume, but perhaps it's for the best.

Josephl64

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me use your info will help put it all together.

info on One Piece's amiibo use as well as Ace Combat's will be added for sure right? Even if you have to add a thing notifying what regions the games are released in which have that compatability.

Fox Mulder

Ugh, the cheapest Little Mac on eBay is $30, cheapest US Pit is $40..

WTF are you doing nintendo?

You have empty store shelves and no interest in fulfilling demand?

I hope I can get pit and little mac but hope is running low. I think they will be as expensive/htf as villager and wii fit trainer.

just import and bypass NoA entirely. They've sucked for years, the shit around xenoblade was entirely caused by them being cheapasses. I blamed jakks pacific for supply issues for their line of nintendo toys, but it's similar to this amiibo stuff so it's probably NoA again.

prateeko

Long time amiibo thread lurker, first time poster. I received my Best Buy in-store pickup emails for Captain Falcon and Pit for tomorrow. Skeptical, I called my Best Buy. The employee told me Captain Falcon is being held and is ready for me to pick up tomorrow but Pit is not. She apologized for the email I received in regards to picking him up in the store tomorrow. She said it was a mistake. She told me no Best Buy stores in my area had received any Pit amiibos. She stated there was an issue with the manufacturer. She told me when I pick up Captain Falcon tomorrow that I can tell them whether or not to maintain my pre-order. She couldn't say definitively if they would ever receive him. I'm not sure how widespread this incident will be. I'd advise all who received pick up emails from Best Buy for Pit to call their store to verify if they actually received their stock. I've collected action figures or action figure-like memorabilia off and on for a long time and have never seen such a mess as this amiibo situation is.

Ugh - where was this? I could call my BB but I'm going in for my pre-orders regardless so I suppose it doesn't matter.

rjinaz

Best Buy won't cancel Pit and Falcon, right? I mean surely they would have said something by now if the delay was indefinite. The release is supposed to be tomorrow.

Long time amiibo thread lurker, first time poster. I received my Best Buy in-store pickup emails for Captain Falcon and Pit for tomorrow. Skeptical, I called my Best Buy. The employee told me Captain Falcon is being held and is ready for me to pick up tomorrow but Pit is not. She apologized for the email I received in regards to picking him up in the store tomorrow. She said it was a mistake. She told me no Best Buy stores in my area had received any Pit amiibos. She stated there was an issue with the manufacturer. She told me when I pick up Captain Falcon tomorrow that I can tell them whether or not to maintain my pre-order. She couldn't say definitively if they would ever receive him. I'm not sure how widespread this incident will be. I'd advise all who received pick up emails from Best Buy for Pit to call their store to verify if they actually received their stock. I've collected action figures or action figure-like memorabilia off and on for a long time and have never seen such a mess as this amiibo situation is.

WTF!?!

I got my email as well for those two also. Guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow....

Hatchtag

Banned
Put me in the best buy tomorrow camp. Mi madre said she got an email about a Falcon she preordered that was meant as a christmas gift. She thought it was cancelled first though. I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
This is why I pre-ordered 3 Pits. Because crap like that can happen. Where they don't even freaking ship because they will never get him is nuts!!!!

olimpia84

Man, it's scary reading some of the Best Buy stories in here. I guess at this point I have full trust in them and hopefully my Falcon and Pit orders will go through. I got an email confirming that they will be ready so here's hoping my store doesn't run into that Pit shortage issue.

Best Buy automatically cancelled my Little Mac pre-order because my local Best Buy didn't get any. But a BB online chat representative said they were getting Little Mac shipments tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is true though. I'm going to ask my BB tomorrow when I pick up Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Pit.

rjinaz

Picked up one more...I've come to accept the fact that I'll never see a villager, falcon, pit, or little mac in stores so I might just give up on them until after I get a Wii U.

If you wait too long, it might be cheaper to actually get a Wii U...or two...

Ridley327

If anyone has any concerns about being able to pick up your orders for either Captain Falcon or Pit tomorrow at Best Buy, I strongly recommend calling your local store tonight to verify inventory. Our online ordering system doesn't allow us to no-pick street-dated product, even if we have zero on hand. So please, call ahead to avoid what will likely be a disappointing outcome for tomorrow.

Velcro Fly

So are people just getting screwed over with best buy in store pickup or ship to home as well ?

My stuff has been "preparing to ship" for like 4 days now. I had pending debit charges and now suddenly I don't. I have no reason to believe I'm going to get screwed over this time but I did preorder two from Wave 3 as ship to store so those are probably toast.

Toki767

Got around to picking up Luigi from Gamestop for under $9. Wave 2 complete.

Now I just need to get the motivation to pick up Peach some time.

Fox Mulder

Just got Smash Bros and the club nintendo survey asked how many amiibos I've bought. Only 9.

So are people just getting screwed over with best buy in store pickup or ship to home as well ?

pickup at store is risky due to employee incompetence while shipping to home can cause damage with their cheapass packing. Bestbuy sent me a bluray packed in a vacuumed sealed bag with zero protection beyond what the cheap eco cases provide these days. I've also had orders fulfilled and ready to be picked up at store, only for no one to actually pull them off the floor and sell out by the time I arrive.

Jawmuncher

info on One Piece's amiibo use as well as Ace Combat's will be added for sure right? Even if you have to add a thing notifying what regions the games are released in which have that compatability.

Yeah I'll try and keep tabs on everything so the OP will have all info present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom