• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoop-Li

If anyone has any concerns about being able to pick up your orders for either Captain Falcon or Pit tomorrow at Best Buy, I strongly recommend calling your local store tonight to verify inventory. Our online ordering system doesn't allow us to no-pick street-dated product, even if we have zero on hand. So please, call ahead to avoid what will likely be a disappointing outcome for tomorrow.

I did this exact thing a few hours ago. My story is about 100 posts back. Even though I received a ready to pick up email for Pit, my Best Buy will have none available tomorrow, nor will any other Best Buy store in my area. The employee I spoke with blamed it on the manufacturer. She's already anticipating numerous upset customers tomorrow because of it. Hopefully, this is just an isolated incident and many will be able to pick theirs up.

Jomjom

Banned
Gees that's like winning the lottery. That Pit had to survive GS preorders, other buyers all day, scalpers, and hungry GS employees.

It just popped up on the inventory locator so I'm guessing it's likely a return. It's not likely to be someone who just decided not to pick up their preorder because if they have ones on hold for preorder, the store shows "low stock" or "in stock". But this store showed no stock just an hour or so ago.

BONDO

Had all preordered and cancelled just before release....kinda regret that abit. Now I'm just getting what i like rather than all or rarity. If i happen to run into something thats rare and i already wanted it...sweet. Villager, WFT and Marth were available for a while here too(Tampa FL) and i still passed on em before the whole rarity thing dropped. Guess that was a sign for me. lol
Tomorrow i will be hunting Pit and Falcon. On the fence with Zelda

Only preorders right now are Toon Link and Bowser

image_zpscfed95b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SeanR1221

Looks like it. Do you got any orders with them?

All delivery for me. I didn't wanna risk it.
pickup at store is risky due to employee incompetence while shipping to home can cause damage with their cheapass packing. Bestbuy sent me a bluray packed in a vacuumed sealed bag with zero protection beyond what the cheap eco cases provide these days. I've also had orders fulfilled and ready to be picked up at store, only for no one to actually pull them off the floor and sell out by the time I arrive.

Luckily I open mine so it can come with a bite taken out of it for all I care!

Please, anyone thats ordering from amazon. Please do not buy Luigi. And amazon, please let Luigi stay in stock until I can I order him on January 1st. Yours truly, Chiaki Nanami, Ultimate Gamer. (Just don't buy him.)

Please, anyone thats ordering from amazon. Please do not buy Luigi. And amazon, please let Luigi stay in stock until I can I order him on January 1st. Yours truly, Chiaki Nanami, Ultimate Gamer. (Just don't buy him.)
Ol green bean is the most common wave 2 figure, you shouldn't need to worry about him.

LowSignal

Ugh, the cheapest Little Mac on eBay is $30, cheapest US Pit is $40..

WTF are you doing nintendo?

You have empty store shelves and no interest in fulfilling demand?

I hope I can get pit and little mac but hope is running low. I think they will be as expensive/htf as villager and wii fit trainer.

I have an extra Pit and Little Mac, Mssg me if you can't find any by new years. I ordered 2 pits when Walmart had them up for a sec aa I figured Amiibros here would need them.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

You can't buy luigi until January 1st?

tumblr_inline_nd70idGAnz1sjc0eb.gif

(tired to find a better gif)

----

God damn it nitendo, this is costing me money

Ive made a huge mistake.

I have gotten fairly lucky when it came to finding figures in-store, so I never gave much thought to preordering wave 3. I've now slowly realized that many of those amiibos are already sold out as far as preorders go, and there's definitely no chance at securing the retailer exclusive figures as far as I can tell.

Is there anything I can do, GAF? I'm aiming for a complete collection, but I'm seeing an awful lot of "sold out" tags for wave 3. Amazon has a good amount listed, but I've heard nothing but horror stories from them and their amiibo shipments.

It's my own fault, since I haven't paid too much attention to this whole amiibo craze over the holidays and now realize I could have preordered back when the figures were still available all over the place.

Vidiot

Ive made a huge mistake.

I have gotten fairly lucky when it came to finding figures in-store, so I never gave much thought to preordering wave 3. I've now slowly realized that many of those amiibos are already sold out as far as preorders go, and there's definitely no chance at securing the retailer exclusive figures as far as I can tell.

Is there anything I can do, GAF? I'm aiming for a complete collection, but I'm seeing an awful lot of "sold out" tags for wave 3. Amazon has a good amount listed, but I've heard nothing but horror stories from them and their amiibo shipments.

It's my own fault, since I haven't paid too much attention to this whole amiibo craze over the holidays and now realize I could have preordered back when the figures were still available all over the place.

I've revived every single amiibo (both full sets ) from Amazon and they've all come packaged in great condition. Sure they got wave 2 a bit later then everyone else but I think they're the only place that hasn't just randomly canceled people's preorders on them.

Fox Mulder

Ive made a huge mistake.

Beyond amazon, you can import or pay the scalper trolls. Maybe we'll all get a break and retailer exclusives actually hit shelves, but i doubt it.

NateDrake

My Captain Falcon will be here tomorrow. Still trying to track a Pit down for retail price. May get a Little Mac one day, but unsure right now. I have 10 Amiibo counting Falcon and still have 6 on pre-order!

Ol green bean is the most common wave 2 figure, you shouldn't need to worry about him.
Yeah, but none of the stores around here had him so its upto amazon!

Maybe I should go after other amiibos then come back to Luigi. But I wonder how long I can wait until he is discontinued since he'll most likely be replaced by a cheaper generic line and/or Mario Party line to go with the ither Mario we've seen. And I want Smash Luigi.

Son Of D

Out of curiosity... Is Wave 3 cut in half in Europe?

Preorders (for january 23th) I've seen only show Toon Link, Rosalina, Ike, Bowser, Lucario and Sheik.

Interestingly, thats numbers 19 to 24.

Will we receive Dedede, Megaman, Metaknight, Sonic, etc. at a later date?

In Europe and Japan Wave 3 has been split into 2 parts. With the bolded characters being January releases and the underlined being in February as opposed to the US getting all of them in one wave in February.

Vidiot

Thinking of going with a large shot glass holder with removable shelves to display my amiibo. Not sure if they'll fit right though.

I'm going to a mall tomorrow as soon as it opens that has a Best Buy inside. I'm going to hit it up to see if there is any C Falcon or Pit amiibos there since the street date is 12/30 for Best Buy. I'm going to grab as many as I can and I will be willing to work arrangements for people here to buy (assuming there is any).

DooD1234

There is like no decent price little Mac around. Not even on Amazon.fr or amazon.de

Any place I can nab one? Missed my chance with Gamestop

emb

Just got back from my first round of amiibo hunting.

I already had Link and Samus before I left.

Gamestop had Link and Samus, plus Mario, Peach, Kirby, Luigi, all in good amounts. They had one Zelda left, and no other characters there. Target didn't have any that GS didn't, and iirc they were missing one or two that GS did have. Wal Mart I think had one Zelda and no Luigis, but they had several Pikachu, Yoshis, and Donkey Kongs. I stopped at TRU last, but I should have gone there first. I forgot all about the B1G1 40%. Oh well, I had GS gift cards anyway. TRU had all of the above, and in greater number. They had a much bigger section there, and enough Zeldas that they didn't all fit into her shelving space. Weirdly though, they were totally missing Luigi, who had a conspicuous, empty section. Fox too, but that's no surprise. I didn't stop by Best Buy yet, since I read here that Pit and Falcon might be street dated for tomorrow? Not that I'm expecting to actually luck out with those or anything. Just being hopeful.

So I think I'm caught up on the common ones now. From here the actual search begins.

Blues1990

Picked up one more...I've come to accept the fact that I'll never see a villager, falcon, pit, or little mac in stores so I might just give up on them until after I get a Wii U.

And you've made the right choice, given the given circumstances. Yoshi's a dinosaur, and dinosaurs are awesome by default.

Gurrry

I went out on an Amiibo adventure today, checking any store i could find.

Ended up getting Yoshi, Peach, Diddy and Luigi.

Peach was everywhere. Yoshi was pretty common. Luigi and Diddy were the rarest for me.

Ive been catching up on the thread and I see alot of people panicking about pre-orders for wave 3. Ive pre-ordered Ike and King Dedede from Gamestop. Will that order possibly get cancelled???? That would be a huggge bummer.

rjinaz

Heads up, Amazon.de has the holy trinity in stock again.

If you order 4 or more it's the same price as Amazon.fr ($21 each) without the month wait. I think I'll cancel my amazon.fr preorders then and go with amazon.de. I'm still going to keep my Rosalinas I have preordered on Amazon.fr though.

Jawmuncher

Ok so what is the actual release for Amibos in Europe and Japan?

Seeing a lot of conflitcing dates. for example Amazon.de says all of wave 3 is on the 23rd of January. I thought JPN and EU were splitting the set?

Wow. Best Buy straight-up cancelled my Pit preorder.

Good thing I preorder from multiple outlets just for such an occurrence. Amazon is preparing to ship and I have an expected delivery date.

Good luck, Amiibros & Amiibroettes.

yes my little mac from gamestop just shipped :) think ima say screw it and import a pit at this point though i will pay the extra to just be done with wave 2 better than wasting gas driving to stores looking for one.

prateeko

Good thing I preorder from multiple outlets just for such an occurrence. Amazon is preparing to ship and I have an expected delivery date.

Did they call you and where are you located?

Gurrry

about to order the holy trinity from amazon germany, whats the difference between the box art on german version and US version?

I think we should use Amiibros and Amiihoes...

Anyways my Luigi/Falcon/Pit are all showing preparing for order, did yours even make it that far or was it just cancelled before that step?

Lizardus

Those BB cancellation, are they happening to just people from US or Canada too?

People really should say where they are from for things like these.

Josh5890

I've decided to pre-order all of my amiibos in store at my local Gamestop from here on out. They have never burned me on a pre-order dating all the way back to the PS2 era. If it means a spend an extra buck or two I'll live with it.

Piscus

I preordered a single Pit from two different Best Buys, no cancellations yet. Both emails said they would be ready for pickup tomorrow. Hope they are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom