• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

melman101

http://imgur.com/a/gFcBo

I sure hope mine don't come shipped like that :(

Oh man, that sucks.

---

I'm still missing Pit but he should be shipping from Best Buy today. But I think I want to try to get another Pit. I bought one for my 9 year old nephew.

I really like Pit. I have a Captain Falcon already, should be getting a second one with my Pit order from Bestbuy.

I'm jonesing for new Amiibo already. This really is a drug.

MoxManiac

Got a call from BB saying my in-store preorder of Pit was not in fact ready to pick up - she came out and said Nintendo didn't ship enough to cover preorders. Captain Falcon and
Luigi are there to be picked up though.

I wasn't heavily invested in getting a Pit Amiibo but it's still kind of annoying.

Got a call from BB saying my in-store preorder of Pit was not in fact ready to pick up - she came out and said Nintendo didn't ship enough to cover preorders. Captain Falcon and Luigi are there to be picked up though.

I wasn't heavily invested in getting a Pit Amiibo but it's still kind of annoying.
At least they were honest about it.
Good to hear Pit is only rare because Nintendo dropped the ball in terms of shipments.
I will wait until they get their shit together...

Edit: Although I do find it bad business to cancel a pre-order when it is Nintendo's fault.
I would have emailed the customers letting them know the situation.

rjinaz

Got a call from BB saying my in-store preorder of Pit was not in fact ready to pick up - she came out and said Nintendo didn't ship enough to cover preorders. Captain Falcon and

Cheapest US Pit right now is going for around $50 on ebay. So if BB doesn't come through, guess I'll be importing yet another amiibo.

Son Of D

What's a good place to buy these in London? My local Argos stores don't have the ones I want (Zelda and Link). Is Hamleys the best chance I have to find one without going online?

Speaking of derpy Kongs, I managed to find a DK that's eyes actually matched his artwork, both looking the same direction and everything. I wasn't originally going to pick up DK, but with the TRU sale I figured he was a good choice since this one looked so nice.

Sushigod7

So I heard people were getting screwed using Ship to Store at Best Buy. Should I be safe with Ship to Store at GameStop, or should I worry about that too?

I've got a ship to home and a pick up order for Shulk at Gamestop in I wouldn't take any chances.

anyone heard of entertainmentearth? they have a few amiibos for sale online but their website looks sketchy lol

They are legit its a huge site what looks sketchy?

Got a captain falcon for pick up at BB and a Marth on the way from Amazon.de here's hoping that they don't destroy him in shipping. I shouldve pre-order pit. But I really wanted (dark pit) not regular pit. Ugh. Anyway gonna hit up BB and test my luck with the other Amiibo. Anyone here in the central Florida area that can give me a set of stores they've already hit.

ngower

A few days ago I went to BB and was told I had to wait until the 30th to get Falcon, but was assured they had stock they can't sell until today. Go in today and all the stock had been pre-ordered in-store, meaning no Falcon's were available.

This is getting ridiculous. I just want a handful of figures TO ACTUALLY USE. All the supplier/manufacturer shortages combined with the scalper's and collectors picking up six per transaction is screwing over people who actually want these things. It'd maddening. I think I'm over amiibo. I'll get a Sonic one if they're not hard to find but other than that I think me and my villager are just gonna enjoy our lives together.

Sushigod7

A few days ago I went to BB and was told I had to wait until the 30th to get Falcon, but was assured they had stock they can't sell until today. Go in today and all the stock had been pre-ordered in-store, meaning no Falcon's were available.

This is getting ridiculous. I just want a handful of figures TO ACTUALLY USE. All the supplier/manufacturer shortages combined with the scalper's and collectors picking up six per transaction is screwing over people who actually want these things. It'd maddening. I think I'm over amiibo. I'll get a Sonic one if they're not hard to find but other than that I think me and my villager are just gonna enjoy our lives together.

That is messed up store pick ups have been turned off for almost a month I think, unless they only got the amount for their pre-orders and whoever told you that before didn't know about preorders.

Haines

Banned
Called the local wally and they don't have them yet. This store gets a lot of them when they do. So I don't think they have been released in full force yet.

Honestly, scalpers and collectors aren't the problem, they're just symptoms of the shortage. If Mr Scalper didn't buy those 6 Wii Fit Trainers, then 6 individual people would have within the same timeframe and you'd still be in the same situation.

They just need to make more of every figure, barring maybe Mario and Peach.

_SAKY_

Has anyone's Falcon or Pit pre-orders shipped from Best Buy yet? I am still stuck on the order being processed. Luigi hasn't budged yet either.

ngower

Honestly, scalpers and collectors aren't the problem, they're just symptoms of the shortage. If Mr Scalper didn't buy those 6 Wii Fit Trainers, then 6 individual people would have within the same timeframe and you'd still be in the same situation.

They just need to make more of every figure, barring maybe Mario and Peach.

What if I were one of those six people? If all the scalpers calmed down then a lot more people would have access to these. I've seen people on CAG pre-ordering like 12 Rosalinas because they want to make sure they get a pristine copy....like, really, TWELVE?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*randomly checks Best Buy's site*

*Sees Marth listed* OMG.

*in-store pick-up only* Uuuggghhhh.

*checks to see if closest BB, 30 minutes away, has it, no results* UUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Well hopefully someone else will have better luck with getting him at Best Buy. This should be the link to see if there's a store that'll have it or be getting more soon.

Well, I'm getting Luigi today in the mail and I'll have the Cap'n in a few days. The only ones I couldn't ever find was Little Mac and Pit. Got almost all of wave 3 pre-ordered though, including Lucario even after TRU's little debacle. The only one missing there is Rosalina, which I have a friend who works at Target so I'm hoping things can end well for me and I somehow end up with one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

My Best Buy, which called me when Little Mac was cancelled, has not called me to cancel my Pit/Capt. Falcon, so I have a good feeling about today.

What if I were one of those six people? If all the scalpers calmed down then a lot more people would have access to these. I've seen people on CAG pre-ordering like 12 Rosalinas because they want to make sure they get a pristine copy....like, really, TWELVE?!
If you're not one of the people buying on day one, you're not going to get one of the rare Amiibos.

You seem new to toy buying, but that's how it works. It sucks but thems the breaks. I used to work at a Toys R Us and you'd hear that all the time about every toy line no matter how well stocked it was. Someone missed out and they blame scalpers and collectors.

ngower

If you're not one of the people buying on day one, you're not going to get one of the rare Amiibos.

You seem new to toy buying, but that's how it works. It sucks but thems the breaks. I used to work at a Toys R Us and you'd hear that all the time about every toy line no matter how well stocked it was. Someone missed out and they blame scalpers and collectors.

"Toy buying" is precisely the type of problem I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to be up at 4:00am in December pre-ordering an amiibo that releases in February. I don't want to go to Best Buy at 9:00a like I did this morning. I don't want to drive around to ever major retail chain within a 30 minute drive just to pick up a dam $12 piece of plastic. I want to walk into a store and buy one, but the high demand for these toys is not being met. The artificial shortages created by Nintendo and the limiting of the supply by scalpers are legitimate problems. You can't deny that.

Exile20

My Best Buy, which called me when Little Mac was cancelled, has not called me to cancel my Pit/Capt. Falcon, so I have a good feeling about today.

Ye they have not cancelled my other set of three order yet.

I really hope not, still pissed at not getting Mac.

Went to bby

They only got luigi in today. No falcon or pit

I hate amiibos

To all my burgeoning 'miibo hunters: when they announce a wave just pre order them all on Amazon. Set it and forget it

shanafan

The fact they cancel preorders is just terrible business. They should repay you with like a $10 MyBestBuy coupon or something.

bumpkin

Ugh... I haven't gotten a call like that yet. I really hope I don't.

"Toy buying" is precisely the type of problem I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to be up at 4:00am in December pre-ordering an amiibo that releases in February. I don't want to go to Best Buy at 9:00a like I did this morning. I don't want to drive around to ever major retail chain within a 30 minute drive just to pick up a dam $12 piece of plastic. I want to walk into a store and buy one, but the high demand for these toys is not being met. The artificial shortages created by Nintendo and the limiting of the supply by scalpers are legitimate problems. You can't deny that.
Shortages yes, Nintendo needs to deal with that ASAP.

Scalpers suck but they only prey on things with shortage issues. This is wholly a supply problem.

Jus a question, looked in the OP and didn't see anything.

Say I buy Link and scan him in Hyrule Warriors and get the spinner weapon, does that save, or do I have to scan him every time I start the game up?

Zombine

Banned

Say I buy Link and scan him in Hyrule Warriors and get the spinner weapon, does that save, or do I have to scan him every time I start the game up?

No it's unlocked for good. You can also continue to unlock Spinners with better stats.

Called Best Buy...they haven't received ANY of the 3 pre-orders today yet...said to call back later...we'll see...

To make matters worse...for some reason it says "ready for pickup" on my order...

I will test that out tonight and tell you.
I assume you do not need to scan it each time, but it could work differently.

Also loving Hyrule Warriors so far!

CH4OS

Called Best Buy...they haven't received ANY of the 3 pre-orders today yet...said to call back later...we'll see...

To make matters worse...for some reason it says "ready for pickup" on my order...

"Pre-order" is just a silly made up word retailers use to make you feel all safe, warm and fuzzy about your purchase.

At least that's what you'd think with how amiibo works

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
So what issues with BB? Just woke up and saw a couple of that said not so good things. Has there been a press release or anything. On that note I'm betting this is going to drive his rarity through the roof. I wonder if eBay heard the news yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom