• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Come on Best Buy. I've been patient. My order has been "preparing to ship" since the early hours of December 26th making it impossible for me to cancel for almost a week now. Just ship me my fucking stuff. It's bad enough I had to wait an extra week for you to even ship these. Just don't screw me over.

Takes a long time to proof read a cancelation email.

I kid. I hope you get your order! :D

Velcro Fly

Seeing quite a few people getting BB shipping notices now. Hoping that within the next few hours I get mine so I can stop worrying and enjoy my last week of Christmas break

NIGHT-

Best buy said my pit Order was ready to pick up, guess what? It wasn't a pit! Now I'm being told best buy doesn't carry the item cause of a choke hazard and they canceled my order. Such bs

Koppai

Guys I work at Best Buy and they told me there was a delay of Pit until January 2nd. They are giving people a gift card for their trouble but its just at my particular store. My boss is awesome I get treated the same way :)

I still have faith it will show up.

I work in inventory and we only got 1 Captain Falcon in over a week ago and no one snatched it. So I believe them when they said it was delayed.

Lizardus

Guys I work at Best Buy and they told me there was a delay of Pit until January 2nd. They are giving people a gift card for their trouble but its just at my particular store. My boss is awesome I get treated the same way :)

I work in inventory and we only got 1 Captain Falcon in over a week ago and no one snatched it. So I believe them when they said it was delayed.

Yeah, that's what is showing up for me on Canadian BB, Pit and Falcon releasing on the 2nd.

Animekatt

Yep I was told that all stores didn't recieve Pit. They weren't sure when he'd arrive though. They reassured me that I will be getting him no matter what, even showing me a pickup slip with my name on it, so I'm still good to go. They also showed me they were only getting 3 in, and all were for preorders.

Haines

Banned
Checked locally.

Best but etc nothing on shelves new.

Toysrus had a few Luigi's.

He said they got 4 falcons and 2 pits yesterday.

Golnei

tumblr_nhdn1eTCEK1qeiy8bo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdm9hm74X1sdi651o2_1280.jpg

These are fairly impressive, but I'm interested to see if anyone can pull off a decent Wireframe Mac.

jluedtke

I had the same situation with Best Buy. Got a notice that both Falcon and Pit were in. But when I got there, they only had Falcon. The guy was a douche about it, too. Told me that Falcon were "first come, first served" and that I was lucky to get it, despite the fact that I had paid for the damn thing. He then told me to "call back Monday" to see if Pit was in. Based on this thread, I guess I'll check on Friday, the 2nd.

shanafan

GameStop in Dearborn, MI had 1 Pit left. Clerk said they got 2 Pits and 2 Captain Falcons in today, and they are all gone now.

VRjmJva.png

emb

Went to Best Buy over Lunch, and they had nothing. Several Links, a few Pikachu and Kirby, and 0 beyond those. They must not have opened a shipment for the week or something. Certainly no Pit or Falcon there though.

And Gamestop's store locator is showing nothing for me, unless I want to do some traveling.

ColEx

Only wanted 1 or 2, but ended up buying 10 lol. The only other one i wanted to get was Little Mac, but seems to hard to get at normal price atm

N1s9X7Bl.jpg

When the next batch releases, I want to get Toon Link, Bowser and Megaman, then I'm done. :p

I need to get a proper shelving unit to display these on, but for now this will do.

StAidan

I really suggest changing the rest of your orders to ship to home. The stores are just frustrating

Yeah, that's what I've done for the future. I had left this order the way it was because Pit wasn't up for preorder anymore. All the rest are ship to home.

Spades

Managed to track down a Kirby today (UK) and so as long as my Little Mac order goes through with GAME, I'm just a WFT short of a full set.

Picked up Captain Falcon and Luigi at Best Buy. They didn't have Pit though.

It looks like a Gamestop 10 miles from where I live has Pit in stock, but I hate driving. lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man, Pit looks really nice. I wonder if I'll ever see one in person.

Resisting the urge to buy so many after getting 3 for Christmas... the madness begins~

Velcro Fly

On Cyber Monday I ordered a couple games from BB and did not get shipping confirmation until one of them had already showed up at my house.

CH4OS

Better question is why does it always happen at a store over 1000 miles away :(
. If there is ever a Nintendo world exclisive im gonna count you gaf.

Same here :D
If there is an exclusive on Club Nintendo though, I am starting to accumulate a lot of coins. Just recently got a WiiU, Smash Bros for 3DS and WiiU and Captain Toad. Why won't Nintendo give me coins for all my amiibo? :(

NIGHT-

Nice! Mine is "out for delivery" right now, so I should have mine soon too. Still, I'm curious if I'll ever even get to see Pit out in the wild. Seems these barely even make it to the shelves.

GameStop was opening a ups box and it only had one pit inside! I asked if I could have and bam!!

Spades

Has anyone used these?

amiibo-pouch-390869.2.jpg

Interested to find out how the quality is before I buy a few for the loose Amiibo that I have.

Also, is there anywhere else that imports Japanese Amiibo to the UK other than Play-Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom