• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateeko

So what issues with BB? Just woke up and saw a couple of that said not so good things. Has there been a press release or anything. On that note I'm betting this is going to drive his rarity through the roof. I wonder if eBay heard the news yet.

Called my store, only Captain Falcon and Luigi are ready for pick up (not Pit). They're set aside for me at Best Buy so I'll wait and see before making multiple trips :(

shanafan

So what issues with BB? Just woke up and saw a couple of that said not so good things. Has there been a press release or anything. On that note I'm betting this is going to drive his rarity through the roof. I wonder if eBay heard the news yet.

TRU e-mailed me us eBayers who preordered from their eBay store and said our orders may not be processed until 2/1.

I am perfectly fine with that for my Captain Falcon. But I know some people got these as Christmas presents and can understand that frustration.

Mecca

Called my store, only Captain Falcon and Luigi are ready for pick up (not Pit). They're set aside for me at Best Buy so I'll wait and see before making multiple trips :(

Some have had their orders sold to someone else because the BB employee just takes the item off the shelf instead of actually holding it. If possible, I would get there as early as you can to pick up an in store order.

prateeko

Some have had their orders sold to someone else because the BB employee just takes the item off the shelf instead of actually holding it. If possible, I would get there as early as you can to pick up an in store order.

I've used this store before, they had all of my previous Amiibos in the back with the stickers on the side and this time the lady checked the holding area in the back so I'm confident they have Captain Falcon (and Luigi) set aside for me. It's the Pit I really care about....

Mecca

I've used this store before, they had all of my previous Amiibos in the back with the stickers on the side and this time the lady checked the holding area in the back so I'm confident they have Captain Falcon (and Luigi) set aside for me. It's the Pit I really care about....

You have a good store in your area. I wish all Best Buys did this.

shanafan

smh.

And then if you are lucky enough to get your preorder for in-store pickup, they will slap a large sticker right on the cardboard of your item, totally ruining any value you wish your item had.

prateeko

You have a good store in you area. I wish all Best Buys did this.

Most of the ones up here seem pretty good. This one is next to my Costco so I use it, but the other ones that are closer seem to have a little better stock. Either way I'm locked in for all of my pre-orders...if Best Buy actually ships them to the stores! Really quite infuriating since it's undoubtedly going to make a bunch of work for the employees also...

MattJon

So I had to come all the way to Fuerta Ventura, but I found these in a GAME here. €11.90 too, so cheap as well.

Http://imgur.com/D7xmv1B

So I couldn't help myself and picked this lot up. The Marth and WFT are for my brother, never thought I'd see them in the wild again. Sadly Captain Falcon's leg beam put me off him :/

Http://imgur.com/KU84B7v

Sorry can't seem to imbed photos, posting from my phone on a cruise ship :/

What if I were one of those six people? If all the scalpers calmed down then a lot more people would have access to these. I've seen people on CAG pre-ordering like 12 Rosalinas because they want to make sure they get a pristine copy....like, really, TWELVE?!

I have a bunch of Pit on order but that's because I can't cancel the orders.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Diddy is like Fox, some areas have a surplus and some are totally sold out. It's inconsistent.
Yup. I saw my Target had one or two of them (I think my Meijers had him as well) along with a few Zeldas, but I cannot find Fox anywhere. I've got 4 stores that carries them (Walmart, Target, Meijer, & GS), so those are my main places to check.

Think I'm gonna do my best to only buy an amiibo once or every other week to keep my budget in check.

rjinaz

How rare is Diddy Kong cause the Target that I'm at has 3?

Diddy has been up on Amazon for the last several days. It's still in stock there. I think the supply problem for Diddy is largely over. There was a time it was considered quite rare though. That being said, when it comes to amiibos, I think probably most of them will ultimately be considered rare eventually except for Mario and the like.

Lizardus

Yes, my Luigi has shipped from Amazon.ca.

Just waiting on Pit and Captain Falcon from Bestbuy.ca and Marth, WFT and Villager from Amazon.de and my wave 1 and 2 are finished.

BONDO

Went to best buy, first person thru the door was me.
Guarenteed some new amiibos right? WRONG

They "accidently" sold all of em yesterday to one person. Which, how is that possible if best buy had em street dated for today? Awesomeness
Was abit annoyed cause i walked in two days ago and saw the whole stash of Falcons behind a cage thingy.

Ive never seen Pit or Mac in the wild.

Kilvin

Just nnoticed Shulks release date on EBGames is 12/31/2015...so it's basically a placeholder date and we don't know when he's coming yet?

Previously I thought it was 2014 and he was going to be out this week, haha...

At least with that it means I really am done until wave 3 hits.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

They "accidently" sold all of em yesterday to one person. Which, how is that possible if best buy had em street dated for today? Awesomeness
Was abit annoyed cause i walked in two days ago and saw the whole stash of Falcons behind a cage thingy.

My condolences amiibro. That is messed up. Are they doing anything to make it up too you?

NogibTC

Banned
Just came back from Best Buy. They only had my Luigi and Captain Falcon. No Pits in the store. Had to fight for my Captain Falcon though. They had a couple with just hand written hold notes on them for random people and I'm like "yo, I pre-ordered these weeks ago, I have priority over people who may have called in. mine are paid for already!" If it wasn't for the GCU discount I never would have bothered with them in the first place.

Still, at least my future waves are from online stores and not physical stores because Best Buy really does a piss-poor job of pulling/fulfilling these amiibo pre-orders in store.

Kilvin

Just came back from Best Buy. They only had my Luigi and Captain Falcon. No Pits in the store. Had to fight for my Captain Falcon though. They had a couple with just hand written hold notes on them for random people and I'm like "yo, I pre-ordered these weeks ago, I have priority over people who may have called in. mine are paid for already!" If it wasn't for the GCU discount I never would have bothered with them in the first place.

Still, at least my future waves are from online stores and not physical stores because Best Buy really does a piss-poor job of pulling/fulfilling these amiibo pre-orders in store.

And they still didn't give one to you?! What the crap...

Edit: Read that wrong, you had to fight for Falcon not Pit.

rjinaz

My condolences amiibro. That is messed up. Are they doing anything to make it up too you?

Doubtful. There doesn't seem to be any accountability at stores, other than, "gee sorry t'was an accident". All I ever seem to hear are horror stories regarding BB in store pick up. I guess people want to save on shipping but no way man. The people in the store at that moment are their priority. Whereas with online orders to be shipped, we are the only priority.

Hatchtag

Banned
Doubtful. There doesn't seem to be any accountability at stores, other than, "gee sorry t'was an accident". All I ever seem to hear are horror stories regarding BB in store pick up. I guess people want to save on shipping but no way man. The people in the store at that moment are their priority. Whereas with online orders to be shipped, we are the only priority.

You might be able to get something. My mom told me she managed to get a $25 off $25 coupon for getting Mac canceled on her. Not sure how she managed that one though.

I warned you guys many times not to do in store pickup for soon to be rare amiibos (C Falcon and Pit). Stores will either not get any or not enough. That's why you do ship to home.

prateeko

I warned you guys many times not to do in store pickup for soon to be rare amiibos (C Falcon and Pit). Stores will either not get any or not enough. That's why you do ship to home.

And then they arrive damaged.

There is just no winning when you're up against a company as large and incompetent at supply chain management like Nintendo of America.

rjinaz

What's messed up about that though is I have never had that problem for anything ship to store or store pick up at Walmart or Gamestop. Best Buy seems to be the only place that actually uses the inventory that is set aside for reserves.

What's messed up about that though is I have never had that problem for anything ship to store or store pick up at Walmart or Gamestop. Best Buy seems to be the only place that actually uses the inventory that is set aside for reserves.
Best Buy is the only retailer I have seen that fails to get enough or any amiibos to their stores for pre orders. I haven't used any other retailers since I have but GCU but it is still risky.

CH4OS

Dam, you guys are scaring the crap out of me. Before I drank the amiibo kool-aid, I just randomly ordered metaknight for store pickup because I liked the character (didn't even know he was exclusive at the time). This is definitely NOT one of the amiibo I want screwed up by Best Buy's silliness.

Dam, you guys are scaring the crap out of me. Before I drank the amiibo kool-aid, I just randomly ordered metaknight for store pickup because I liked the character (didn't even know he was exclusive at the time). This is definitely NOT one of the amiibo I want screwed up by Best Buy's silliness.
Prepare for the worst. I honestly would call CS, explain the issues with amiibo preorders in store and try to change it to ship to home.

Just got my Captain Falcon delivered from GameStop. Looks alright, not one of my best looking amiibo, but still pretty good. I'm mostly just happy to have him. Just waiting for Little Mac now and I'll be done until Wave 3.

NogibTC

Banned

At the time when I ordered in early Dec, they already weren't available for shipping, only in-store was offered so I had no choice.

melman101

Can you swap your GameStop ship to store, to ship to home orders? I have mine shipping to the store but now I'm getting worried LOL.

Edit: Just checked the website. Doesn't seem like it. Oh well, just gotta have faith. Just need Bowser and Shulk from them.

BONDO

Yea i didnt bother trying anything.
Just walked out annoyed. I bitched alittle, but whater...just a toy right? Lol

CRA5H

I grabbed 2 Diddys, one for myself and a friend. He ended up getting a Diddy himself. Should I hold onto it and possibly trade someone for another rare amiibo I may miss out on? Or have Diddys been resupplied in most stores, affecting it's demand?

If it is indeed being greatly resupplied, I may just return it or exchange it for a Link.

Canada BTW.

Jawmuncher

Can you swap your GameStop ship to store, to ship to home orders? I have mine shipping to the store but now I'm getting worried LOL.

Edit: Just checked the website. Doesn't seem like it. Oh well, just gotta have faith. Just need Bowser and Shulk from them.

With GameStop there won't be a issue like bestbuy. Unless your store is hugely incompetent your order comes even packaged now to prevent confusion for them.

shanafan

And then they arrive damaged.

There is just no winning when you're up against a company as large and incompetent at supply chain management like Nintendo of America.

Sorry, but what does NoA have to do with an amiibo arriving damaged from Amazon, Best Buy, etc?

prateeko

Sorry, but what does NoA have to do with an amiibo arriving damaged from Amazon, Best Buy, etc?

Oh, that part of my comment was referring to the supply issues from NoA's end, which is why Best Buy doesn't have them in store for people. Shipping from retailer to consumer is on the retailer themselves alone for sure.

melman101

With GameStop there won't be a issue like bestbuy. Unless your store is hugely incompetent your order comes even packaged now to prevent confusion for them.

Ok cool awesome.

---

The GameStop by me does appear to have some Pit's but my wife took the car today, doh! Best Buy better come threw with my order, however I did want a second one.

Velcro Fly

Come on Best Buy. I've been patient. My order has been "preparing to ship" since the early hours of December 26th making it impossible for me to cancel for almost a week now. Just ship me my fucking stuff. It's bad enough I had to wait an extra week for you to even ship these. Just don't screw me over.

Fushin

Probably not an accident. Most likely employees bought them before the store opened. I have seen employees at my store hiding them. I've brought it up to management who don't play around with that kind of shit. It goes on the sales floor on street date and if it's still there at the end of your shift you can buy it. I work at Best Buy and I've gone through amazon.fr and .de to get them because I believe in playing fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom