• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

APNewsBreak: Source says Flynn to invoke 5th Amendment

Lemonz

giphy.gif

jelly

Is he hoping not to go to jail or will anyway but by keeping his mouth shut, Trump will have a pay day for him when he gets out for being loyal and not spilling the beans?

I'm unsure, does he have something big against Trump or himself?

Remember Oliver North? Republicans love him because he helped cover up all the drugs the government flooded into cities during the 80s

he plead the fifth though, so he's cool and does work for Fox News

Briarios

His request for immunity earlier this year was declined already. And with a special investigation zeroing in on him, I suspect an indictment is the next step. Flynn's going the hard way.

I understand that.

My point is, if the documents point to someone higher up and he is off less importance, they still have a method to compel his testimony and compliance with document requests.

This is why you have Carter Page testify first, he'll say anything to anyone.

They'll all plead the 5th.

Nobody will say anything until the FBI produces tapes or videos or transaction sheets.

-OR, someone gets immunity, rats them all out and then writes a book about it and gets an Oliver Stone movie deal.

Can someone elaborate on this for me? I suck at legal jargon.

So right now he has no formal charges against him, so he essentially remains silent. If charges are filed, he can no longer plead the fifth, and must cooperate, otherwise face contempt charges? But in that case either way the court can force him to give up those docs?

I wonder if he has stuff thats worse than what the FBI has already dug up.

Can someone elaborate on this for me? I suck at legal jargon.

So right now he has no formal charges against him, so he essentially remains silent. If charges are filed, he can no longer plead the fifth, and must cooperate, otherwise face contempt charges? But in that case either way the court can force him to give up those docs?

I wonder if he has stuff thats worse than what the FBI has already dug up.

Here is the actual 5th Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Volimar

I always found the fifth amendment to be quite interesting. It's also interesting to watch the 2nd amendment folks try to proclaim someone is guilty just for invoking it.

Top Bottom