• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aragami - Cel shaded indie Tenchu, control the shadows on PC/PS4, releasing Oct 4th

Performance doesn't seem amazing, but it's perfectly serviceable from what I've played so far on PS4 (albeit this isn't far in yet, as I'm trying to wrap up Unravel first). If at David's suggested, v1.02 brings performance improvements I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Agreed, even with v1.01 VSync sorted the screen tearing, with little apparent performance hit (I didn't test with v.1.00) - to the extent actually that I wonder why you included it as an options, actually (not really intended as a criticism, just curious).

Well, 100%-ing the achievements/trophies will require at least two playthroughs of each chapter (no kills/all kills), so we're probably looking at somewhere around double for 100%. David suggested 6-8 hours in his earlier post for a single-playthrough, pretty much in line with the PS Blog post, so I'd guess somewhere around 14 hours for 100%.

At least with the latest patch, unticking Vsync will give you unlocked framerate. Ticking VSync locks the game to 30FPS. There's people that like the extra FPS even with the screen tearing.

Will this be up on psn at midnight gmt?

Afaik, 10 AM PDT.

illusionary

At least with the latest patch, unticking Vsync will give you unlocked framerate. Ticking VSync locks the game to 30FPS. There's people that like the extra FPS even with the screen tearing.
Got it, cheers for the quick reply. I've never been all that sensitive to frame rate differences at the higher end, so perhaps that's why I didn't notice much difference.

Rizzi

I've spent a little time with the game now, and it pretty solid. Performance with the 1.02 patch isn't great, but Unity gonna be Unity.
Feels a little less like Tenchu and more Mark of the Ninja. Which is fine by me, that game was my GOTY for 2012.

From the dev's Twitter

dEpIhlG.gif

Been playing this for review on ps4 and the performance just destroys me at times. Curious to see how it affects othe folks scoring it.

Top Bottom