• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aragami - Cel shaded indie Tenchu, control the shadows on PC/PS4, releasing Oct 4th

openrob

Managed to get some hands on time withthe game at EGX, and was lucky enough to get to chat to the developers (I abosultely love that about the indy area!).
I really liked the movement in the game and it looks cool af!

Einhandr

I don't see a digital preorder up on NA psn so I'll ask here. Will digital be cheaper than physical? Any idea what the price will be on NA psn?

I don't see a digital preorder up on NA psn so I'll ask here. Will digital be cheaper than physical? Any idea what the price will be on NA psn?

$19.99

you compare it with Tenchu, but it doesnt look very tenchu to me...
It still looks good though.

I've said it plenty of times... it's got similar gameplay elements to Tenchu ('hook' mechanic, stealth kills, hard difficulty..) but it's definitely a very different game. Don't buy it expecting a PS4 Tenchu, buy it only if you like 3rd person stealth games with some unique art style and a Dishonoresque approach to scenario mobility.

$19.99

I've said it plenty of times... it's got similar gameplay elements to Tenchu ('hook' mechanic, stealth kills, hard difficulty..) but it's definitely a very different game. Don't buy it expecting a PS4 Tenchu, buy it only if you like 3rd person stealth games with some unique art style and a Dishonoresque approach to scenario mobility.

Oh don't get me wrong, it looks awesome. The thing i miss about tenchu is all the tools you could use. This looks awesome and i'll definitely check this out though.

Wozman23

October 4th? Perfect. Last day that the PLAY 2016 promotion coupon is valid.

I was wondering what ever happened to my coupon. I'd been holding off on purchases, but I never saw it. Time to get Sony on the horn...

(Edit: I just live chatted through the PlayStation website and had my code within 2 minutes. Best customer service I've had anywhere in a while!)

Got my PS4 review code a few days ago. Haven't had a chance to redeem it since until this morning. It is downloading now, very excited!

Wozman23

Here's last night's draft of my |OT| if anyone wants a preview, or if David, M_B, or anyone else has any input or suggestions. The previous |OT|s have all been spontaneous posts with little effort to make them really stand out. I've got 4 days off before launch, so I figured I'd go bigger.

I spent a couple solid hours just messing with the section headers, finding a font that I thought complimented the style, and toying around with the spacing before settling with what I've got here. I still need to play around with some of the spacing.

I've added the Co-op trailer link since then, and made a few tweaks to the overall spacing. I still need to give it a proof read too, but I'll wait until I've pretty much got it finalized.

I really wish GAF would allow for colored text, so I'll probably just go through and bold some other key words similar to the way description stuff is presented on the official Aragami site.

r9foWPC.jpg

Still a bit concerned since I opted to just go with the localized CE, and GameStop still shows a release date of 10/11. I assume that's just because they don't really care much about an indie game when there are so many 'glorious' military shooters on the horizon. If it's not there on the 4th, I'll just go digital.

its looking great wozman

btw my signature edition has shipped!!

Mr Leon, i can't wait to play your masterpiece!
I still remember playing the student project. These devs really deserve praise for coming so far. Even after the Kickstarter unfortunately failed, they kept working hard on the game.

I still remember playing the student project. These devs really deserve praise for coming so far. Even after the Kickstarter unfortunately failed, they kept working hard on the game.

oh wow, didnt know they had a kickstarter.

my respect and appreciation for Mr Leon and Linceworks has grown even more.

illusionary

Pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of my post for once:

Aragami.jpg

Downloading the 2.8GB update now - nice to get the chance to play over the weekend! I'm not sure not whether it was really worth the additional cost for the Signature Edition, but I'm glad to support this type of game and it's not a high price anyway, so can't really complain.

Edit: VSync and FoV options in a console game - that's unusual and impressive!

Pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of my post for once:

Aragami.jpg

Downloading the 2.8GB update now - nice to get the chance to play over the weekend! I'm not sure not whether it was really worth the additional cost for the Signature Edition, but I'm glad to support this type of game and it's not a high price anyway, so can't really complain.

Edit: VSync and FoV options in a console game - that's unusual and impressive!

damn lucky you getting it early

i have to wait till tuesday

illusionary

damn lucky you getting it early

i have to wait till tuesday

Two days isn't all that long - you'll have it before you know it!

I've had the chance now to play through the first chapter and all feels solid; he Dishonored-like teleport/blink in particular is very satisfying. I love the art style, and the music gives exactly the right atmosphere.

In terms of performance (on PS4), it seems to be running okay, though this isn't something that I'm usually a great judge over. Screen tearing *is* noticeable without VSync enabled, but turning that on seems to address the issue without a noticeable performance hit. Load times are short and restarting checkpoints is pretty much instant.

I got an "A" rank from the first chapter (I assume that ''S" will be the highest?), with the "no detections" seal (one enemy off from "all kills") - I can tell that I'm going to want to go for 100% here. All in all, initial impressions are quite strongly positive and I look forward to playing more!

Thank the heavens for no HUD. That shit needs to die unless it's absolutely vital. It looks really nice from what we've seen so far. What framerate are we looking at here? I'm assuming 30fps. Also, please tell me the difficulty is balanced, and that any fail states are the complete fault of the player. That is vital in a game like this.

illusionary

Thank the heavens for no HUD. That shit needs to die unless it's absolutely vital. It looks really nice from what we've seen so far. What framerate are we looking at here? I'm assuming 30fps. Also, please tell me the difficulty is balanced, and that any fail states are the complete fault of the player. That is vital in a game like this.
30fps on PS4, unlocked on PC.
How much is this going to be again? $19.99?
Probably, but the only 'official' word that I've seen on digital pricing is the $15-$25 range. Physical copies retail at £19.99 in the UK (both PC and PS4)

Soodanim

If the Google Pixel phones disappoint on 4th Oct, at least I'll have this to balance things out. It's nearly here!

xviper

i'm a huge tenchu fan, but honestly i don't see anything from tenchu in this game, can you at least do air executions ? is there a multiplayer ?

i'll wait for the reviews and hopefully it's good

S1kkZ

the retail version on amazon germany is listed for october 20th, is there a delay in germany? most german online stores dont even have the game listed.

Top Bottom