• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aragami - Cel shaded indie Tenchu, control the shadows on PC/PS4, releasing Oct 4th

Moff

the retail version on amazon germany is listed for october 20th, is there a delay in germany? most german online stores dont even have the game listed.

swiss retail stores still say 20th as well, and it's still not prepurchaseable on steam for me

Tesser

Playing-through/reviewing this game at present. Can't get enough of that UI (or lack thereof). You'll just have to wait and see what I think on Tuesday.

Creepy-Laugh-By-The-Evil-Witch-In-Disneys-Snow-White.gif

Also, before any discussion on EGX becomes irrelevant, can't remember who it was specifically from Lince Works (David, was it you?!), but that awkward moment when someone watching (not playing) the game starts spouting off "criticism" of the game - "WOW, MUCH STEALTH; I-I S-SURE HOPE I CAN SNEAK PAST THESE ENEMIES WITH LOW AI-INTELLIGENCE...SO HARD GUYS..." or words to that effect - completely oblivious to the fact that a member of the team is standing right behind them and can hear every word. There's a right way to offer critique and there's a wrong way.

But I'd like to think the majority of people who played it - as I did, for the second time after E3 - enjoyed what was shown.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I want the signature edition. Gotta wait till my next paycheck. I hope they have some available then.

Shinjica

Playing-through/reviewing this game at present. Can't get enough of that UI (or lack thereof). You'll just have to wait and see what I think on Tuesday.

Also, before any discussion on EGX becomes irrelevant, can't remember who it was specifically from Lince Works (David, was it you?!), but that awkward moment when someone watching (not playing) the game starts spouting off "criticism" of the game - "WOW, MUCH STEALTH; I-I S-SURE HOPE I CAN SNEAK PAST THESE ENEMIES WITH LOW AI-INTELLIGENCE...SO HARD GUYS..." or words to that effect - completely oblivious to the fact that a member of the team is standing right behind them and can hear every word. There's a right way to offer critique and there's a wrong way.

But I'd like to think the majority of people who played it - as I did, for the second time after E3 - enjoyed what was shown.

There is a review embargo for this game?

Tesser

There is a review embargo for this game?

Yep. Tuesday 7:00am PST / 10:00am CET / 9:00am GMT. Thus, to comply with embargo, I'll shut my mouth from hereon and, like the player-character, disappear into the shadows.

You never saw me

the retail version on amazon germany is listed for october 20th, is there a delay in germany? most german online stores dont even have the game listed.

The launch date for physical eds. depend on the local distributor.

Ahhh Edu told me about that (I was at the office working on the day 1 patch). Looks like the guy shut up pretty quickly after trying the game by himself and dying constantly on the first chapter. He later brought back a friend and became a fan.

Local co-op seems to be in as "Co-op" and "Online co-op" are both listed on the Steam page.

Only online coop (cross platform between PC and PS4, and working on cross platform invites among GOG and Steam users at the moment).

There's 3 tags for coop on steam: Local Co-op, Co-op, and Online Co-op, so we selected the later 2.

This game badly needs a demo.
Eh, I feel like it would hurt the game as far as sales go. Most demos seem to that don't have Kojima's branding(and insane production values) attached to them. People get to try it out, and the urge to purchase it suddenly decreases. I'm not arguing against it, as it's better for me in the end, but I wouldn't if I were in charge of such decisions. Not right now anyway.

illusionary

It seems that we've just had a second update released for the PS4 version of the game, now on v1.02.

The update notes have a few bug fixes, but also improvements to enemy AI, new tutorials, a toggle crouch option and difficulty curve improvements, among other items.

Inching ever closer to a day 1 purchase, and basically blind play through. I've only actually seen a few seconds of the first trailer, and the latest one, so I'm still mostly in the dark.

Skilletor

Looks like the collectors edition changed? I thought it came with a cool flash drive, but it's not part of the description on Amazon anymore.

No achievements for a pacifist playthrough?

You're dead to me, Aragami! DEAD TO ME

Fuck yeah 2016 is a great year for stealth games.

No achievements for a pacifist playthrough?

You're dead to me, Aragami! DEAD TO ME

Fuck yeah 2016 is a great year for stealth games.

Yes, there's the Pacifist trophy: https://www.exophase.com/trophy/aragami-ps4/150949-pacifist/

Performance is.. Not great.

Did you download the 01.02 patch we released yesterday? We are still working on improving performance, will launch a 01.03 patch this week. Also, for screen tearing just enable VSYNC on the video options.

I was going to get the physical copy for PS4, but as soon as I saw it's a Unity game, I decided I'm going to get it on PC. Might still get it down the road if performance is improved, though - especially with the PS4 Pro coming up.

Oneself

I was going to get the physical copy for PS4, but as soon as I saw it's a Unity game, I decided I'm going to get it on PC. Might still get it down the road if performance is improved, though - especially with the PS4 Pro coming up.
Well, the digital version is less expensive and "comes with the patches" so ...

Oneself

Regardless, I will get better performance on my PC. I just really like having physical copies of stuff for some reason.
Yeah me too. I like to think that physical is future proof as well... But with all the patches and updates, I guess physical is becoming more and more questionable.

gabbo

Yeah me too. I like to think that physical is future proof as well... But with all the patches and updates, I guess physical is becoming more and more questionable.

Physical PC copies that came in the big boxes back in the 90s still had updates and patches, sometimes huge ones, so that's not a really good excuse. That said, unless a PC version of the PS4 special edition comes out with all the bells and whistles, I'll gladly grab a digital copy.

Physical PC copies that came in the big boxes back in the 90s still had updates and patches, sometimes huge ones, so that's not a really good excuse. That said, unless a PC version of the PS4 special edition comes out with all the bells and whistles, I'll gladly grab a digital copy.

Pretty much. I really wish more devs would show PC more love with physical releases, but I understand that it's a pretty small market.

illusionary

Performance is.. Not great.
Uh oh. Unity, by any chance?
Screen tearing I can deal with.... Are the frame drops horrible? Also are the patches downloaded ?
Performance doesn't seem amazing, but it's perfectly serviceable from what I've played so far on PS4 (albeit this isn't far in yet, as I'm trying to wrap up Unravel first). If at David's suggested, v1.02 brings performance improvements I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Did you download the 01.02 patch we released yesterday? We are still working on improving performance, will launch a 01.03 patch this week. Also, for screen tearing just enable VSYNC on the video options.
Agreed, even with v1.01 VSync sorted the screen tearing, with little apparent performance hit (I didn't test with v.1.00) - to the extent actually that I wonder why you included it as an options, actually (not really intended as a criticism, just curious).

Only 1 day left. Was one of the original backers.

What I would like to know is how long the game is.
The PS Blog stated 8-10 hours
I wonder how/if this will be compounded by achievements/trophies.
Well, 100%-ing the achievements/trophies will require at least two playthroughs of each chapter (no kills/all kills), so we're probably looking at somewhere around double for 100%. David suggested 6-8 hours in his earlier post for a single-playthrough, pretty much in line with the PS Blog post, so I'd guess somewhere around 14 hours for 100%.

Top Bottom