• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

One of the better eps of the season. It was just plain funny, highlighted the whole ensemble, moved really well.

And yet this sealed the deal for me: Pam is really a problem. Even in this episode, where she was mostly a side character, every moment with her was like the episode had come to a standstill. Jesus. how did they think this would be a good idea.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This season has been all over the place for me...

or maybe I've been too wrapped up in my adventures in Carcosa to laugh. I can't tell anymore.

'Blow it out your ass," and then she did.

That was a consistently funny episode with fake silk road shenanigans, fake Internet currency and bad costumes that didn't work at all. No way would the kill Kenny Loggins. That glass swimming pool was nice, but not the way he's going to go out.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Funniest line for me was "And, that being said, I am open to blowjobs for money. I've only got 8 bucks on me, but--"

BigAT

I liked the callback to the Sealab episode when the pool got shot.

"Okay, so, one of...one fairly predictable thing is going to happen now."

Lana not even being aware of Danger Zone or Kenny Loggins was pretty great too.

Demon Ice

Banned
"over a briefcase with what I can only assume is either plutonium, or a human soul"

followed by

"Grammy winner and possible Faustian bargain-maker"

The writing on this show is fucking god-tier.

Red

The briefcase was a really funny gag and I love that we don't find out what's in it.

Cyril has been really pathetic this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was one of my least favorite episodes of the season. Didn't find it to be very funny outside of the blow job joke and the briefcase.

Pam is not a good Lana replacement. Keep her at the mansion and let Ray or Krieger go on a mission with Archer next time.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
That was one of my least favorite episodes of the season. Didn't find it to be very funny outside of the blow job joke and the briefcase.

Pam is not a good Lana replacement. Keep her at the mansion and let Ray or Krieger go on a mission with Archer next time.

This is my same feelings. This should of been so much more awesome with Kenny Loggins. Next episode better have less Pam. Really getting tired of her.

ЯAW

Banned
Im not really feeling this season at all. Episodes are good but not good as two previous seasons. I really felt like the spy agency was good front since they got to go all over the world and even to space. Hopefully this season picks up later on but I hope Malory has something in her pocket to get the gang back into the spy work.

Ourobolus

Banned
"over a briefcase with what I can only assume is either plutonium, or a human soul"

followed by

"Grammy winner and possible Faustian bargain-maker"

The writing on this show is fucking god-tier.

Yeah, I lost it at these two. Also Lana being completely oblivious to Kenny Loggins (and Archer's frustration) was hilarious.

KingKong

I can't tell if she's always been this way and I just don't like Pam in large doses or if their one note cocaine joke is not funny and they keep doing it over and over and over

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
There needs to be more Ray.

Just caught up on the last two, wasn't fond of the tour bus episode but loved the Kenny Loggins one. Definitely getting sick of Pam's shit though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

seriously. ray being second banana on the field to Pam is killing me. I would love another archer/ray/cyril adventure

big ander

I think we're getting that next week!

Ugh finally.I just honestly can't comprehend what made Reed/Thompson think consistently making Pam front and center while Ray/Cyril/so on consistently get the shaft would be a good choice for the show. I can see where they thought the Pam coke stuff might've been funny, but not for half a dozen eps straight while ignoring the rest of the ensemble.

somedevil

I like the show but the viewership is down 21% or 310,000 viewers compared to last year. What caused this? Is it no good lead in or people not enjoying how they changed it up?

Shaneus

I thought a season with a ton of Pam would have been incredible. It isn't.
Your fault. I never thought it would be. The show's at it's best when Archer's kind of a dick but he's still a suave dick. He hasn't been suave for a while now IMO.

Was hoping Vice would kind of thrust him into that particular role again... didn't, though.

Red

Your fault. I never thought it would be. The show's at it's best when Archer's kind of a dick but he's still a suave dick. He hasn't been suave for a while now IMO.

Was hoping Vice would kind of thrust him into that particular role again... didn't, though.
It's been The Pam Show since episode 2.

This episode was decent, but I agree with the criticisms.

Too much Pam, not enough of the rest of the cast, and the total number of jokes per episode seems way down. I wonder if the Vice stuff is going to take up the entire season?

RetroMG

Catching up on the last two episodes. I agree that there's been too much Pam, but I do actually like her in the Smokey and the Bandit ep.

tumblr_mvrb8eA8vG1qcgzbvo8_r1_250.gif

TVbtN notes:
Just a week after FX renewed its animated comedy Archer for a fifth season, it has greenlit seasons six and seven. Each season will have 13 episodes. This new order will give the series 88 episodes which will enable it to go into broadcast and cable syndication.

Grinchy

Banned
Awesome. I may not be praising the hell out of this current season but I'm still happy to know it'll continue. The most recent episode was great so I'm still pumped to watch every week.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Most of this season has seemed like filler. A lot of the stories either seem like retreads.

Also yeah, team anti-Pam right now. Stop making coke jokes.

Musolf815

Glad to see it's renewed, Adam Reed sounded kind of worried when he compared Archer's shift to Vice to Frisky Dingo's change resulting in the latter's cancellation.

And yeah I'm getting pretty tired of the same Pam coke joke over and over. Gimme some more Cyrill, Ray, and Krieger damn it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom