• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrowhead Studios confirm PSN Account Requirement decision was on Sony - Game received over 15,000 negative reviews and is now 'Mixed' on Steam

Goalus

April 2011: Hackers Access Personal Data of 77 Million Sony PlayStation Network Users
May 2011: Personal Details on 25 Million Sony Online Entertainment Customers Stolen
June 2011: Sony Pictures Website Hacked, Exposing One Million Accounts
November 2014: Hackers Steal 100 Terabytes of Data from Sony Pictures
August 2017: Hacker Group Accesses Sony Social Media Accounts
September 2023: Sony Investigates Alleged Hack
October 2023: Sony Notifies Employees of Data Breach

Here it is again. Thanks.
It could make sense to post it again, now that we are on a new page.

Boo hoo. Don't like it, don't buy/play it and shut the fuck up.

You are on a platform that has like 1,000 launchers, how does this surprise you? I guess I shouldn't be surprised as PCMR is always compelling about something and before somebody says something I play 50/50 on PC/PS and I've been playing on PC almost non-stop since I was a little kid in the late 90s.

Edit: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It could make sense to post it again, now that we are on a new page.

Here you go

April 2011: Hackers Access Personal Data of 77 Million Sony PlayStation Network Users
May 2011: Personal Details on 25 Million Sony Online Entertainment Customers Stolen

Mortisfacio

Mortisfacio Mortisfacio you're busted bro

helldivers-2-automaton.png

Here you go

Wow this is my first time seeing this. Is this true? Scandalous.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

You'd think we would see a big drop in people playing but....

AhCkaii.png
This is unlikely to cause large long term impact, but folks are expressing their annoyance.

Edit: While Sony’s security practices are certainly suspect, don’t worry, there is MSToo indeed.

Just last year due to MS greediness they baked in crucial security logging features into a very expensive M365 “E5” license. That included quick log view and tracking certain parameters related to potential intrusion. A LOT of customers had the cheaper (still expensive) E3 license (E5 is almost double the cost).

Multiple Government agencies and private companies got hacked. The hack itself originated with Microsoft mishandling security certificates for Microsoft 365 and Azure.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Now you know why Sony delayed the PSN account required for PC gamers.

Hook in PC gamers for 3 months, then unleash the requirement after. If Sony required the account on day one, their PC community and sales would be a fraction of what it is now. And it would be review bombed asap.

Last edited:

Three

Some mad lad also went through the Helldivers 2 EULA to see if it mentioned needing a PSN account there lol

It doesn't require a third party EULA. it's part of steams EULA so when it has it there you've agreed to steam having that stated. Some games don't even have a separate third party EULA on top of steams.

Mr Moose

Now you know why Sony delayed the PSN account required for PC gamers.

Hook in PC gamers for 3 months, then unleash the requirement after. If Sony required the account on day one, their PC community and sales would be a fraction of what it is now.
It was required day one, it was disabled shortly after.
It doesn't require a third party EULA. it's part of steams EULA so when it has it there you've agreed to steam having that stated. Some games don't even have a separate third party EULA on top of steams.

Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA

HELLDIVERS™ 2 EULA

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Boo hoo. Don't like it, don't buy it and shut the fuck up.

You are on a platform that has like 1,000 launchers, how does this surprise you? I guess I shouldn't be surprised as PCMR is always compelling about something and before somebody says something I play 50/50 on PC/PS and I've been playing on PC almost non-stop since I was a little kid in the late 90s.
Are you an idiot? They already bought it and can't refund it! That's the problem!

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm wondering when Sony is going to announce that to play PlayStation online games on PC it will require an active PS+ subscription.

Because I feel like it's about time for them to make the attempt.

Are you an idiot? They already bought it and can't refund it! That's the problem!
Are you a fucking idiot? You think that everybody single person fucking complaining about this even bought the goddamn game? But guess what? I bet the vast majority of the dumb fucks making a big deal about this are still playing the goddamn game just like the MW2 "boycott" and the fucking Resetera people who complain about a game but secretly play it on Steam.

Also here to fix it for you.

Don't like it, don't play the mother fucking game or get the fuck over it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys I found this online, kinda eye opening:

Three

It was required day one, it was disabled shortly after.

Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA

HELLDIVERS™ 2 EULA
Yeah that's my point. The Third party EULA are additional agreements on top of Steams one. Steam has an obligation to state on its store when a third party account is required and it's steams EULA they're already agreeing to regarding that. A separate third party EULA isn't required to state that. Look at Minecraft legends for example. It has a third party account requirement but no other third party EULA at all.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Someone's got to do a meme about democracy..... away from Sony's grip on gamers.

BTW, Steam negative reviews today is at 33,000.

Mortisfacio

Looks like my exclusive post went viral. This list is popping up everywhere.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
they aren’t even requiring a separate launcher which is what usually gets on PC gamers nerves (rightfully so I think, those things cause all sorts of mess with playing on the Steam Deck)

this is just a mountain out of a molehill and it’s no coincidence a lot of the people pushing it are known Xbox fanboys (Colt Eastwood is raising a stink on Twitter)

The most entitled, childish, nauseating fanbase in all of gaming

Topher

Gold Member

Looks like my exclusive post went viral. This list is popping up everywhere.

dafuq is this letter.....

8oxppz.jpg

RyanEvans21

People who bought the game in any of the countries where PSN doesn't work are kinda screwed. Using VPN can potentially get your account banned.

Hmm? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is like an unholy crossover between the two most unhinged fanbases in the industry, Snoy Evangelists and PC Masterbaters. We only needed to get the furries involved to create the perfect cesspool to spawn baby Gilgamesh.
That’s putting everyone in one bag and I hate that.
What about satisfied Sony customers and pc gamers who are willing to spend 2k on a gpu but not 400$ to play bloodborne and ton of exclusives ?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

StereoVsn

People who bought the game in any of the countries where PSN doesn't work are kinda screwed. Using VPN can potentially get your account banned.

That freaking sucks. And there was a post earlier that PSN account creation can also throw a curveball.

But no, it’s only “the crybabies” who are upset. Instead let’s stand for our favorite multibillion $ Corpo.

angrod14

In da future, you'll adittionally need an Arrowhead account, a Naughty Dog account, a Guerilla account, for their respective games. You'll game "through the cloud" with your PSVR, looking like a martian, which will track your eyeball movements and feed that data live to Sony and their subsidiaries, who will then use it to tailor ads to you in the store, sell it to third-parties, and build the next games for max appeal and profitability. You'll turn on the TV and get glasses recomendations with your prescription measurements.

Your wife will be screwing the neighbour while you look like a jerk with your headset and pay Sony to milk your data.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
"Ha! PC gamers are such babies, why do they keep crying about everything? Such whiners!"

A few years later.

"Why do i have to pay to play playstation games online and PC gamers don't!? This is so unfair mama Sony!!!"
This is unfair. Pc players should pay out console players should have free online.
Pc game is cheaper too

proandrad

Got some corporate bootlickers in here. Adding additional log in after the game is a major success is anti-consumer. They should allow anyone who is upset to get a full refund or remove that shit from the game. This is how console gamers end up paying a sub to play online. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Fuck sony for forcing this bullshit on the developer.

I have to say i approve that the studio didn't try to sugarcoat it. It was not up to them, they know it annoyed people, they accept that people are upset. I rather honesty like this rather the "this was part of our original vision" bullcrap.

You know what? This is what happens without good competition. Xbox should sunset already so someone else can come and push Sony to be nicer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom