• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

Mest30 said:
Just started playing this game early last week and I love it. I'm about 75% done with it. I hope the 6th Assassin Seal isn't as hard to get as the 5th one. Took me an hour to finish the four trials. I thought I read some where in this thread that you can see the feathers you missed in the DNA sequence? How do I do that? I only have 27 feathers and need some help getting them other wise it's not getting done. Thanks.

I thought the 4 trials one was the hardest (at least the most time consuming) so I think you are in good shape their, and the pay-off is sweet when you get all of them.

I still have 6 glyphs to nab, then on to finish the game. I have been sllooooooowwly working my way through it because my buddy wants to play BFBC2 all the freaking time and I cant take the 2 hours to finish this game.

MY feather count is up to 56 but no way in hell im hunting all them down....no way

Filldough

Mest30 said:
Just started playing this game early last week and I love it. I'm about 75% done with it. I hope the 6th Assassin Seal isn't as hard to get as the 5th one. Took me an hour to finish the four trials. I thought I read some where in this thread that you can see the feathers you missed in the DNA sequence? How do I do that? I only have 27 feathers and need some help getting them other wise it's not getting done. Thanks.

In the DNA sequence there is a part for collections I think where it will break down the feathers by city and then further by district. That or you find cities first and it will show the collections that way... Its a little confusing but will help you a lot in tracking down the few remaining feathers. I had two left before I found out about the DNA, with its help I located them within a few minutes!

I just beat AC2, and I had all the DLC right from the start.

Somebody who played through the game without the DLC explain to me how the game handles not having that content. Obviously you go right from Sequence 11 to 14. Do you even get to visit Forli/Romagna? If so, was there anything to do there? Do you rescue Caterina Sforza, only to have her disappear?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
a Master Ninja said:
I just beat AC2, and I had all the DLC right from the start.

Somebody who played through the game without the DLC explain to me how the game handles not having that content. Obviously you go right from Sequence 11 to 14. Do you even get to visit Forli/Romagna? If so, was there anything to do there? Do you rescue Caterina Sforza, only to have her disappear?

Geekgirl (forgot her name) tells you there are some corrupt files. She says to go onto the next memory while she tries to fix the corrupted data. That's the spot where Ubisoft can go back and insert any new DLC it wants. People who completed the game without the DLC can now go back and the game will automatically take you to the missing memories. That's if you purchased the DLC, of course.

jett

D-Member
a Master Ninja said:
If you just have the disc but don't get the DLC, do you even get to go to Forli/Romagna? IS there anything to do there?

Yes. There's like 2 story "missions" I think, and the sub-quest assassinations of course.

so my buddy at ubisoft told me the next AC will be called AC:Brotherhood

you're going to play multiple assassin's around the world. he mentioned ninja, some mongolian warrior to name a few. of course this is not official, but the rough trailer he saw looked awesome.. can't wait

macfoshizzle said:

you're going to play multiple assassin's around the world. he mentioned ninja, some mongolian warrior to name a few. of course this is not official, but the rough trailer he saw looked awesome.. can't wait

Could this maybe tie in with the statues under the villa?

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Could this maybe tie in with the statues under the villa?

well ac2 told us there were different assassins around the world and in different eras. so it's highly likely. able to play as a ninja in the ac world would be awesome!

Blader

macfoshizzle said:

So is Brotherhood supposed to be the ACII spin-off, or ACIII?

Because if it's the former, where would Ezio in Rome figure into that?

LovingSteam said:
Is the DLC actually worth it?
Played standalone, probably not a must. You aren't missing much. I am glad I had it inserted properly into the story on my first playthrough. It was supposed to be there and it felt like a complete experience having it.

Mest30

Banned
Filldough said:
In the DNA sequence there is a part for collections I think where it will break down the feathers by city and then further by district. That or you find cities first and it will show the collections that way... Its a little confusing but will help you a lot in tracking down the few remaining feathers. I had two left before I found out about the DNA, with its help I located them within a few minutes!

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Also, there are two treasures in the villa that I can't get. According to the map, they both appear to be in the basement where you put the seals but they are not. Does anyone know what two treasures I'm talking about and if so, how the fuck do you get them?

rataven

Mest30 said:
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Also, there are two treasures in the villa that I can't get. According to the map, they both appear to be in the basement where you put the seals but they are not. Does anyone know what two treasures I'm talking about and if so, how the fuck do you get them?
Those two treasures are actually in the mine underneath the villa. If you buy the upgrade for it, you'll be able to enter it (the entrance is outside the villa walls), do a little platforming, and get them.

Mest30

Banned
rataven said:
Those two treasures are actually in the mine underneath the villa. If you buy the upgrade for it, you'll be able to enter it (the entrance is outside the villa walls), do a little platforming, and get them.

What upgrade are you suppose to buy? I think I know where the entrance to the mine is but it's closed with a gate.

Sagitario

I got this game as a birthday present and I've no intention of ever playing the first AC, will the Wikipedia entry for the story be enough for me to start playing ACII?

jett

D-Member
Sagitario said:
I got this game as a birthday present and I've no intention of ever playing the first AC, will the Wikipedia entry for the story be enough for me to start playing ACII?

Sure.

Blader5489 said:
So is Brotherhood supposed to be the ACII spin-off, or ACIII?

Because if it's the former, where would Ezio in Rome figure into that?

i'm not sure. he didn't mention ezio in the trailer. and he did say it's AC:Brotherhood is AC:III

Ranger X

Sagitario said:

Even just the little intro movie of AC2 is enough...

Mest30

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
You can choose to renovate the mine by speaking to the architect in the villa.

I did all the renovations a while ago. How the hell do you get to the mine? From inside the city walls or outside?

I may be the only one but I kinda dig the Desmond storyline. I wish they would have told more of that. I liked in AC1 how you came out of the Animus after every level and got a little piece of storyline.

This is the deal with most trilogies though, the second one usually doesnt have alot of huge plotpoints.

Mest30 said:
I did all the renovations a while ago. How the hell do you get to the mine? From inside the city walls or outside?

Outside. Take the outer path to about midway along the west side. There's a small path among the rocks there which takes you to the entrance to the mine, underneath the city walls. That entrance is blocked with rocks until the mine is renovated.

Mest30

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
Outside. Take the outer path to about midway along the west side. There's a small path among the rocks there which takes you to the entrance to the mine, underneath the city walls. That entrance is blocked with rocks until the mine is renovated.

Ok, I got the two in the mines. But there is one more I can't find. It appears that it's near the basement of the villa by the seals but there is no way to get it. When I searched around a little in the village I found a door that said I need to unlock UPLAY to access the door. WTF is UPLAY and is that treasure behind that door?

so my ubi friend told me more about ac:brotherhood

so there will be multiplayer. the part that i said that you'll play as different characters is the multiplayer part. you can choose different looking assassins.. a mongolian looking assassin, some priest looking dude, some dude that looks like bob the bucher in gangs of ny? it will be free roaming.. you have to pick out the other assassin in the crowd to find him. it's free roaming so stalk another player and kill him stealthy or go all out sword swinging. but another assassin can join in the fray.

ezio will return in single player in brotherhood. i think he will run his own group of assassin's and have them do missions. anyways it sounds sick!

Oh and it is ACIII. i think the name change to brotherhood because its the first in the series that will have multiplayer and co-op. just from what ive heard. said its on its way this year but who knows.. its ubisoft.

what?? the AC2 expansion thingy is actually AC3 now?

so... thats it, end of the trilogy? :( i was hoping to see more places around the world...

really now, that cant be true?

astroturfing said:
what?? the AC2 expansion thingy is actually AC3 now?

so... thats it, end of the trilogy? :( i was hoping to see more places around the world...

really now, that cant be true?

If true then FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

So much wasted potential. I can understand from their perspective that they didn't want to waste millions of man-hours on assets but damn. Let's wait for 3 years until ACIV comes out then. I'll buy this too though

Unless AC3 bombs badly I REALLY doubt it will be the end of the series. Its probably Ubisoft's top non-Wii property right now. Maybe they'll end Desmond's story but they will likely still have many more AC's.

Anyway, my own theory is that Mass Effect 3 and AC3 are being rushed for Spring 2011 (and Gears 3 is being pushed back to Spring 2011) because these companies probably have been put on notice that a next gen system from one of the 3 companies is coming out in Fall 2011 so they need to sync their dev cycle to be ready for the next gen.

macfoshizzle said:

My buddy working in Ubi montreal told me it would be called Assassin's Creed: ROME and it will have online multiplayer up to 8.

Owzers

Bought Creed 2 when it was onsale at Gamestop. I only made it to sequence 7 or 8 before being sick of the game and selling it. It's not a bad game...it's just a boring game. It suffers from Fable 2 syndrome, if they had done more with that villa city you were upgrading, it might have held my interest. Most of the upgrades you made though did nothing, and that made me no longer care about upgrading, and that made me no longer care about the game. Let's face it, Creed was a tech demo to show off the engine. Creed 2 was the start of an actual game but it just got boring. Spider-Man 2 wasn't a good game despite some praise just because the swinging mechanic was good and Creed 2 isn't a good game despite the building climbing being good. The story wasn't there and the gameplay was bland. You know a game relies too much on climbing buildings when even the assassination missions take place on top them.

macfoshizzle said:
so my ubi friend told me more about ac:brotherhood

so there will be multiplayer. the part that i said that you'll play as different characters is the multiplayer part. you can choose different looking assassins.. a mongolian looking assassin, some priest looking dude, some dude that looks like bob the bucher in gangs of ny? it will be free roaming.. you have to pick out the other assassin in the crowd to find him. it's free roaming so stalk another player and kill him stealthy or go all out sword swinging. but another assassin can join in the fray.

ezio will return in single player in brotherhood. i think he will run his own group of assassin's and have them do missions. anyways it sounds sick!

sounds like the guys on the statues in mario's basement

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I got this during the $30 sale and I'm absolutely in love with this game. The first AC seemed to me like it had a great core base with the cities, the parkour, and assassination missions, but it felt like that they had to rush the side-missions at like the last possible second. So a very well constructed but flawed experience.

Now that they really got the progressions down pat, it's basically become one of my absolute favorite games of all time. I'm going for 100% synchronization. Every side-mission, both DLCs, every collectible, even every single one of the 330 chests. I'm right now at 92%, so I should have it complete in a few more days.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
infinityBCRT said:
Unless AC3 bombs badly I REALLY doubt it will be the end of the series. Its probably Ubisoft's top non-Wii property right now. Maybe they'll end Desmond's story but they will likely still have many more AC's.

:lol

macfoshizzle said:
Oh and it is ACIII. i think the name change to brotherhood because its the first in the series that will have multiplayer and co-op. just from what ive heard. said its on its way this year but who knows.. its ubisoft.

It's not Assassin's Creed III. It's Brotherhood. And it's the same lame thing what Ubisoft did with the Brothers in Arms series. They relased the first part, and after that, just published the sequel very quickly. But that was just like a little bit more than a mission disk, and developed from a side team. The proper development team already worked on Hell's Highway, which in this case, probably gonna be the same (a side team doing Brotherhood, and the proper team working on a proper sequel, ACIII).

Blader

UnluckyKate said:
My buddy working in Ubi montreal told me it would be called Assassin's Creed: ROME and it will have online multiplayer up to 8.

wtf, does everyone have friends working at Ubisoft?

infinityBCRT said:
a next gen system from one of the 3 companies is coming out in Fall 2011 so they need to sync their dev cycle to be ready for the next gen.
Uhh, what? I think we'd know already if a new system was due out in 12 months.

codswallop said:
Uhh, what? I think we'd know already if a new system was due out in 12 months.
Just like how we knew about a new DS a year and a half in advance? :D (of course we didn't). And as mentioned before, it would be 18 months out.

I don't think theres a solid date on a new console from the big 3, it will probably depend on the fortunes of the console makers business wise. If Natal is a hit, I wouldn't expect MS to be quick to jump on the gun. If the Wii keeps selling strong I don't think Nintendo would either. In any event I don't see Sony jumping to the next gen so soon just because they've taken a major blood bath financially with the PS3 and only have made it profitable recently.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a new console hit in Fall 2011 and if not that I'd be surprised if we don't start hearing about a new console cycle in Spring of 2012. As much as us gamers want this gen to last as long as possible it's length going to be dictated by the business numbers. And I also think its too conincidental that at least 2 major titles are hitting in Spring 2011 which is outside of their normal release schedule (and most likely 3 if the rumours about ME3 are correct).

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
infinityBCRT said:
Raving Rabids and their fitness crap.

Didn't the last few Raving Rabids games sell something into the hundreds of thousands?
I'm pretty sure Far Cry, Crysis, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, all their Tom Clancy games all are multi-million sellers.

FTWer said:
Didn't the last few Raving Rabids games sell something into the hundreds of thousands?
I'm pretty sure Far Cry, Crysis, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, all their Tom Clancy games all are multi-million sellers.
I was looking at their 2009 earnings report and Wii made up 20% of sales whereas 360 was 16% (not sure about PS3 but think it was lower than either).

Magni

Recently bought AC2 (25£ at GAME), and I've been hooked, it's like they corrected 90% of the flaws the first one had :D

I'm about to do the flying mission (Sequence 7 or 8, don't remember). Should I get the DLC or not?

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
MagniHarvald said:
Recently bought AC2 (25£ at GAME), and I've been hooked, it's like they corrected 90% of the flaws the first one had :D

I'm about to do the flying mission (Sequence 7 or 8, don't remember). Should I get the DLC or not?

The 2nd one has some pretty cool missions (10 in all).
The 1st one is way too short.

AnkitT

Completed the game last night. Most of the annoyances(at least from my perspective) from the first game were gone for me. The graphics were improved and it looked pretty good on my PC. The gameplay mechanisms were augmented in acceptable ways. The AI is still erratic and the game has a lot of bugs yet, but you gotta accept these things with an open-world games. It wasnt nearly as frustrating as AC1, so I love it for that. And the ending was a mindfuck, which overshadowed the obvious cliffhanger unlike the previous game's ending. Eagerly await the next installment.

DaBuddaDa

Well my good chap pal buddy friend at Ubisoft Montreal told me that ACIII will be called "Assassin's Creed: Electric Boogaloo" and take place in a "Vice City-esque" city (probably Vegas or Miami) in the 80s and feature Burt Reynolds as the lead character who will use his razor-tipped mustache to assassinate police and army officers.

Top Bottom