• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

This trailer for Gravity is pretty awesome.

Ooh. I saw the poster the other day but didn't know there was a trailer out, cheers Death.
Love Cuaron but damn him for making me watch a film with Bullock in it.

Drum and bass remix of Daft Punk's Get Lucky, for those interested. It's way better than I thought it would be, so maybe give it a shot.

Heard this a few days ago. Before playing it I was thinking that Daft Punk and Drum & Bass just sounded weird, didn't belong in the same sentence. But it's pretty damn great. I put it on repeat for a fair while.

edit:

Nice cake Arnie

Community has been renewed for a 5th season. Big bang theory has some competition.

Hmm. I guess it's good news. I was a big fan but Season 4 has been pretty shit. Will be interesting to see what they do with Season 5 but it'll probably just be more of the same and will never return to form.

Prepare for a gradual decline into mediocrity :<

or a crossover with arrested development

Too late. Season 4 has well and truly taken it to the land of mediocrity already.
Such a shame, I really loved early Community. Season 3 was a bit crazy and uneven but Remedial Chaos Theory is probably my favourite episode of the whole series.

Kritz

Banned
I was thinking of grabbing Galaxy Trucker, Carcassonne Expansion 1 Inns and Cathedrals... and maybe seeing if my dad wants to buy anything. Unfortunately they don't have the GOT board game in stock which he's been wanting to try out for a while now.

Oh good, I was almost expecting an apologist article. It's a big fucking problem in our society and without shining a light on it we will never change. Thought this was a good statement of the general mood of the populace.

Some people are asking, with an air of annoyance, as if they were tired of all the fuss: how many more revelations will there be?

Also Harvest Moon is moving forward here Jint!

Ciderers! I tried this last night:

CG1_DrPilkingtons.jpg
727429_1_9999_v1_m56577569849136726.jpg

http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_727429/dr-pilkington-s-miracle-cider-500ml

The taste surprised me - it was very dry and not at all sweet, but I really liked it.

Jintor

i've never heard of it. i'll see if i can find some.

I discovered to my surprise I quite like James Squire cider.

So Gears 3 is pretty good. Decent gameplay, great level design, shitty plot, good character development and dialogue.

Much better than Gears 2 which was a mediocre, half arsed effort.

i've never heard of it. i'll see if i can find some.
Safeway/Woolworths will have it. Last time I was in there they had a whole fridge dedicated to it.

It's okay, 3/5 from me. Gets the job done, better than Castaway but it's a bit overpriced.

The problem is that not everyone is on the inferior 50ppp ;)

Savages. You will be educated eventually.

Safeway/Woolworths will have it. Last time I was in there they had a whole fridge dedicated to it.

It's okay, 3/5 from me. Gets the job done, better than Castaway but it's a bit overpriced.

Yeah, a little bit. It is two standard drinks though so its not too bad. I give it a 3.5/5.

legend166

We're the premiers and Brian Taylor still doesn't know the player's names.

Looks like Hawks are gonna kill us tonight. Should give us the kick up the backside we need. Only round seven.

legend166

Pies aren't doing much better over in Perth. :(

Just looked at the score - ouch.

Back to my whinging about commentators - there's no excuse to not know about the Swans. We're the reigning premiers. Richo just gave the stat that Mike Pyke has taken the most contestee marks in the comp this year. Now, anyone who's actually watched the Swans this year know Pyke is a beast. Yet the others in the commentary box were dumbfounded and questioned it until Richo confirmed it.

These guys get paid to watch and commentate football, but it's clear they barely even watch the games.

Dead Man

Just looked at the score - ouch.

Back to my whinging about commentators - there's no excuse to not know about the Swans. We're the reigning premiers. Richo just gave the stat that Mike Pyke has taken the most contestee marks in the comp this year. Now, anyone who's actually watched the Swans this year know Pyke is a beast. Yet the others in the commentary box were dumbfounded and questioned it until Richo confirmed it.

These guys get paid to watch and commentate football, but it's clear they barely even watch the games.

They can barely form coherent sentences, don't expect too much.

Edit: For instance, apparently players spend more time running off the field than chasing the ball :/

Jintor

I've had to plough through the Australian Christian Lobby, the Australian Catholic Bishop's Conference and the Anglican Church Diocese's submissions on the role of religious exceptions in anti-discrimination law, as well as the nauseating comments of George Pell, at every turn, for the past two days or so. It really pisses me off to see these all-powerful organisations attempting to play the victim card. "Poor us!" they cry, "we're subject to principles of equality! Religious freedom to discriminate nyaarrrgggghhhhhhh"

I've had to plough through the Australian Christian Lobby, the Australian Catholic Bishop's Conference and the Anglican Church Diocese's submissions on the role of religious exceptions in anti-discrimination law, as well as the nauseating comments of George Pell, at every turn, for the past two days or so. It really pisses me off to see these all-powerful organisations attempting to play the victim card. "Poor us!" they cry, "we're subject to principles of equality! Religious freedom to discriminate nyaarrrgggghhhhhhh"

Kill 'em all, let God sort them out.

Q&A with Julia and school kids was pretty good.

Those kids had some really interesting questions, including education, asylum seekers, mental illness and the economy.

Would love to see Abbott in a similar scenario.
Nodding his head

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just removed all the Apple crap from my PC.

Feels goodman.

Tomb Raider is just .. Graphically outstanding. It has made me all excited for next gen, On PC of course and what sort of upgrade I want to do next year.

The same could be said about Sleeping Dogs, With the HD graphics pack, It just looked amazing.

Current gen can still look fucking fantastic when they actually try. Of course the PC, Sweetfx and AA helps a good amount as well to just make the image look a little better.

I'm getting close to the end of TR and it's certainly one of the best games i've played this year. Certainly flawed in many ways but the general gameplay and feel of it all outweighs the negativity by a good country mile.

Tomb Raider is just .. Graphically outstanding. It has made me all excited for next gen, On PC of course and what sort of upgrade I want to do next year.

The same could be said about Sleeping Dogs, With the HD graphics pack, It just looked amazing.

Current gen can still look fucking fantastic when they actually try. Of course the PC, Sweetfx and AA helps a good amount as well to just make the image look a little better.

I'm getting close to the end of TR and it's certainly one of the best games i've played this year. Certainly flawed in many ways but the general gameplay and feel of it all outweighs the negativity by a good country mile.

It really is a work of art. There were several occasions especially (spoilers you may not have played through yet, so read it when you're finished)
here at the windy temple and here with the whole running across the temple bridges and down into the river of blood sequence
where I just stopped and looked around for ages. I really wish I could go back and play through some sequences, as pacing didn't always allow me that. I didn't really take issue with a lot of the "faults" (Lara shooting stuff etc) and while there were some really silly bits in the story
friendzoned guy sacrificing himself for no reason
I don't think they were silly enough to ruin the feel of the game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think the faults for me were mostly just game design based, the QTE's, pressing E/F (on the keyboard) to land stuff and so on. This generation was too excited for QTEs when it seemed like every gamer fucking hated them.

It had some set pieces but like uncharted, they always felt too insane and they tend to repeat themselves by doing the exact same thing but in another location.

For lara it was always
sliding down something. You do that a few too many times

Aside from that though. Everything else just worked and felt fantastic. Still haven't finished it of course.

I think the faults for me were mostly just game design based, the QTE's, pressing E/F (on the keyboard) to land stuff and so on. This generation was too excited for QTEs when it seemed like every gamer fucking hated them.

It had some set pieces but like uncharted, they always felt too insane and they tend to repeat themselves by doing the exact same thing but in another location.

For lara it was always
sliding down something. You do that a few too many times

Aside from that though. Everything else just worked and felt fantastic. Still haven't finished it of course.

There were a couple of times where I didn't realise a QTE was coming up, which lead to some hilarious death scenes (especially one when the game thought I had progressed so it changed camera angles and then just faded to grey scale). I didn't realise notice it as being a problem at the time, but looking back there WERE a bunch.

r1chard

Daughter just went to play Super Stardust HD on the PS3 and it's reverted to "I'm a demo" mode. The option to buy the game has disappeared from the Playstation Store. WTF.

Top Bottom