• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
And now it's finished. 76% completion.

I really enjoyed that and hope we get another one next gen. Certainly one of the best games i've played this year. It did a lot of things right, you always wanted to keep on playing, the sense of exploration was there but not in a way that made you get lost or make you feel like you were walking down a hallway. Very well done.

Part of me actually wants a different tomb raider game, one with her father. I think that could be really fucking cool, clearly older times, different weapons and maybe more exploring than killing. He is always a figure in the games and it makes me wonder why we don't get a super prequel to her becoming a tomb raider, why it's in the family and so on.

Rezbit

This will get a lot of usage in this thread. Would've been more if Choc was still around.
C47Mckx.gif

10/10 gif.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Holding a booth?

They should have an Aussie Game Journos panel with you guys and Vook! Give some insight into the dealings with publishers and distributors down here.

We tossed around the idea of getting a group of Aussies together and hosting a booth, but decided against it to instead just provide some coverage of the event. Next year a booth might be wise.

Tomb Raider is just .. Graphically outstanding. It has made me all excited for next gen, On PC of course and what sort of upgrade I want to do next year.

The same could be said about Sleeping Dogs, With the HD graphics pack, It just looked amazing.

Current gen can still look fucking fantastic when they actually try. Of course the PC, Sweetfx and AA helps a good amount as well to just make the image look a little better.

I'm getting close to the end of TR and it's certainly one of the best games i've played this year. Certainly flawed in many ways but the general gameplay and feel of it all outweighs the negativity by a good country mile.

I still haven't finished it. Didn't really get all that far into it, now that I think about it. At least, I don't think so. Weird game for me. I really wanted to like it but something about everything felt off, like there was always some dumb design element holding back my total enjoyment. After I clean up Metro: Last Light I think I'll restart Tomb Raider, rather than try and pick up where I left off.

And yeah, it looks great. Crysis 3 is also incredible looking, if dull to play. Crysis 3 really hit me how much more we can do with 3D rendering. Looks stunning. Agree about Sleeping Dogs, too.

Crysis 3 was insanely boring even with a freaking super solider suit. And a freaking awesome bow. Everything just felt so unimportant, at not point are you immersed in the game. It just feels like a pretty picture or movie.

legend166

Crysis 3 was insanely boring even with a freaking super solider suit. And a freaking awesome bow. Everything just felt so unimportant, at not point are you immersed in the game. It just feels like a pretty picture or movie.

That's how I felt about Crysis 2.

I'm a super solider in some crazy suit in the middle of New York City defending an alien invasion and I almost fell asleep from boredom.

Shaneus

We tossed around the idea of getting a group of Aussies together and hosting a booth, but decided against it to instead just provide some coverage of the event. Next year a booth might be wise.
You should Kickstart it. I hear the Penny Arcade guys are good at that sort of thing.

lexi

Banned
Saw that Ryan Gosling movie today, The place beyond the pines.

I er... didn't get it. Movie went for 2 and a half hours, had three protagonists and to me just felt like it was all over the place. Definitely would have preferred to see Star Trek.

I er... didn't get it. Movie went for 2 and a half hours, had three protagonists and to me just felt like it was all over the place. Definitely would have preferred to see Star Trek.
I exchanged money to view the Star Treks at a local story projector boutique, last night. It is my expert opinion that I feel he got the better end of that exchange...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

I bet you made a better choice to begin with.:p

Really excited about seeing The Place Beyond The Pines. <3 Blue Valentine. And all the complaints I've heard about the former, don't sound like they'll faze me in the slightest.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm so close to being free of this damn assignment
Me too. Two paragraphs left, then I just gotta edit and add all the references in, plus maybe look for some extra references to add. (I'm only required to use two references for this assignment).

legend166

So I'm trying to be a good citizen and purchase my music, but it's still so annoying. It seems Amazon have found a way to completely stop any attempts at circumventing their region locking. Tunnelbear doesn't work and looking around the internet no one has got a VPN to work.

The album is $9.49 on Amazon, and the cheapest I can find it in MP3 form in Australia is $13.99 on the Google Play store. I mean I know it's not much more, but I just hate getting fleeced by that crap.

So I’ll be going tomorrow to Dick Smith to check out the Panasonic plasma TV I’ve had my eye on recently. Luckily I'll be able to actually see it in person.

I rang a few stores today and they all only have the display one’s left. Not sure if I want that - especially since its plasma. I’ll see tomorrow I suppose......

Dead Man

So I'm trying to be a good citizen and purchase my music, but it's still so annoying. It seems Amazon have found a way to completely stop any attempts at circumventing their region locking. Tunnelbear doesn't work and looking around the internet no one has got a VPN to work.

The album is $9.49 on Amazon, and the cheapest I can find it in MP3 form in Australia is $13.99 on the Google Play store. I mean I know it's not much more, but I just hate getting fleeced by that crap.
VPN's don't work? Well that sucks. Fuck exclusive distributor rights.

Oh, cool. Never owned an xbox, but that's a cool avatar idea.

Tried running FTL on the wife's netbook today, it won't even run. WTF? I can understand many games not running on a netbook, but FTL? Geez.

Not only is the resolution locked to 1280x720 (good luck hitting that on a netbook) but it took FOREVER to load just to tell me it wouldn't run.

New Star Trek was awesome.
This coming from the same guy who also refers to Step Brothers as 'awesome'... :|

Axiom

My contract is up in the next few months and I've been tossing up between the One the Galaxy and the Z.

I like that the Z has less bullshit, and is gorgeous, but I've really hated my 2 years with the Xperia Play and Sony is goddamn terrible about updating and supporting their phones.

I just really hate how the Galaxy looks and not sure I could deal with that.

The HTC is sexy, but I've heard such bad things about the quality control, the battery and nothing about blinkfeed appeals to me.

I still hold a grudge against Apple for updating my original iPhone 3G to the new OS only for it to work like shit from that point on.

My contract is up in the next few months and I've been tossing up between the One the Galaxy and the Z.

I like that the Z has less bullshit, and is gorgeous, but I've really hated my 2 years with the Xperia Play and Sony is goddamn terrible about updating and supporting their phones.

The HTC is sexy, but I've heard such bad things about the quality control, the battery and nothing about blinkfeed appeals to me.

I still hold a grudge against Apple for updating my original iPhone 3G to the new OS only for it to work like shit from that point on.

nexus-4-12-verge-1020_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

touch wiz is fine
i dont get all the hate for it

That's because you've never experienced stock android.

my one no longer calls people
no signal as if it were on flight mode

Axiom, your best bet is Xperia Z if you're looking for a contract phone.

Sony is no longer with Ericsson, so no more bullshit with their phones like the previous Arc and Play handsets.

The Xperia Z is also the closest stock android experience you will get after the Nexus. Well built and good looking, but water+dust proof makes it a better choice over HTC one.

It's also $200 cheaper than the HTC.

Death Jr's past is full of yes.

Huh, what does that mean?

Darklord

Banned
I'm bleeding under the skin after smashing my hand. My knuckles like 4 times bigger than it should be and turned a dark red and feels all squishy. This isn't good...

Darklord

Banned
pics please

It's actually hard to see now in a photo. I had ice on it for a while and kept it elevated. Then bandaged it. It's still puffy but all squishy around the area, it feels really weird, so I think the bloods spread out rather than just expanding on that one bit and making it look like I stuck a big purple grape under the skin of my knuckle. It's kind of freaky visibly seeing your knuckle expand like that, feeling the pressure build up, and the skin getting tighter.

I dunno if I should go to the doctor tomorrow or not. They'll probably just prod it and say keep it bandaged.

Axiom

I genuinely appreciate all the feedback, I've been tempted to post in the individual threads for each phone but I figured it wouldn't be very productive.

I really did want a Nexus, but first they were impossible to get, and then I kept hearing that LG really fucked it up. I may have been misled. Will keep an eye out over the coming days though, still have plenty of time.

I understand Sony phones are not Sony-Ericsson (though I don't follow the industry closely so just assumed it was a branding change) but I am aware that the Z currently isn't running on the latest Android OS and given it has less bullshit than the One or the Galaxy, I can't really figure out why.
Despite being less powerful than the Galaxy or the HTC, if I could be sure of good support and speedy updates (at least relative to other manufactures) then it'd be an easy first choice.

It's just hard to overstate how bitter I am at the Xperia Play, but the only reason I'm not throwing them under the bus for fucking me over like I did Apple, is because they also made this thing

Sony-Ericsson-K500i25151.jpg

and I fucking loved that phone

Hey Kevin Sheedy, if you want fans. Suggest not alienating western Sydney by suggesting that the wanderers have a ready made fan base via the immigration department.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ts-by-135-points/story-fnca0u4y-1226640563395

I'm not sure if he's playing a part to get the press for a team no one cares about or is just senile.

This coming from the same guy who also refers to Step Brothers as 'awesome'... :|

Star Trek is awesome though.

Jintor

Nightmares fucking suck, especially mundane as hell nightmares where nothing was out and out scary or unsettling but just carried with it a crushing sense of disappointment

I'm going to submit this fucking digital assignment and go back to bed

So I’ll be going tomorrow to Dick Smith to check out the Panasonic plasma TV I’ve had my eye on recently. Luckily I'll be able to actually see it in person.

I rang a few stores today and they all only have the display one’s left. Not sure if I want that - especially since its plasma. I’ll see tomorrow I suppose......

I wouldn't bother. Would have been running nonstop for ages, poked and proded, etc etc.

Dragon Quest 9 on DS for $19 posted

I dunno if I should go to the doctor tomorrow or not. They'll probably just prod it and say keep it bandaged.
If it isn't a HUGE hassle always go to the doctor just in case.

It's just hard to overstate how bitter I am at the Xperia Play, but the only reason I'm not throwing them under the bus for fucking me over like I did Apple, is because they also made this thing

Sony-Ericsson-K500i25151.jpg

and I fucking loved that phone

This is my favourite fucking phone ever

Nightmares fucking suck, especially mundane as hell nightmares where nothing was out and out scary or unsettling but just carried with it a crushing sense of disappointment

I'm going to submit this fucking digital assignment and go back to bed

So jealous. That will be me in a few hours :/

Top Bottom