• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia tour of South Africa |OT| Battle of the Batsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Followed a 160 with a golden duck, should be dropped. >_> <_<

Seriously though, with such a defensive field and you're still leaking runs like sieves, I can't see how south africa can do with the 20/20 world cup.

elfinke

Really?

Why aren't we declaring now?

Time-based declaration, not runs it would seem (unless merely bringing up ~300 at approximately this time was part of the plan, hence the slowdown while Doolan was out there?). Unless there are other considerations we aren't aware of.

Very good. C'mon Mitchy!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This has just been fucking weird.

I hope it doesn't blow up in our face and they stall the shit out of us.

elfinke

Looked like it kept low? ANyway, looked plumb, too! Hmm, upon seeing the replay it was Petersen's trigger movement that let him down a bit. Harris wide on the crease and Petersen got a bit tangled with the angle into him.

Great bowling.

Absolute legend.

So who is going to be the next captain? AB is the One-day captain and Faf the 20/20, both play all 3 as far as I know.

Rezbit

I think you can sort of see the time is right for Smith. Much like what happened to Ponting, whether it's a reflex thing, but something in the technique just isn't there. Still a champ though and goes out with his team number one after dominating an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom