• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

lem0n

AutoGAF, I bought my first brand new car! They really wanted the sale and I really loved the car, so I couldn't say no. It was $18k, but got it for $11,800 after rebates and everything else.

20151209_210948k6ssy.jpg

Yes, it's a standard.

AutoGAF, I bought my first brand new car! They really wanted the sale and I really loved the car, so I couldn't say no. It was $18k, but got it for $11,800 after rebates and everything else.

20151209_210948k6ssy.jpg

Yes, it's a standard.

That's a really cute looking car! How much trunk space does it have though? Either, enjoy it man.

Congrats on the new purchase!

What meets your specifications for what you want for a gtr?

Grade 4, less then 100,000km's, the closer to stock the better (though you can get heavily modded pro shop cars around the same amounts), fully loaded in either white or bayside blue.

The last auction sale I was sent that met my criteria, the total landed in Canada would have been $53K.

lem0n

Congrats on the new purchase!

Grade 4, less then 100,000km's, the closer to stock the better (though you can get heavily modded pro shop cars around the same amounts), fully loaded in either white or bayside blue.

The last auction sale I was sent that met my criteria, the total landed in Canada would have been $53K.
Thank you! Im sure you've seen Duracells car, its probably just what youre looking for! Lol

Evo X

Yes, it's a standard.

Congrats! Looks like you scored a great deal on a fun car.

My car finally arrived in SoCal today and I'm super happy to be driving it again. The roads here are a million times better than Chicago.

Gonna hang out and do a drive on Angeles Crest with a bunch of other Porsche guys this weekend. There is an abandoned airstrip around here as well where we can do drag races and high speed runs.

QTWrGGm.jpg

Went to Bentley Newport Beach to show my brother the GT V8S as he's car shopping for his wife. They had 2 of the 99 GT3Rs there. One outside and one inside.

i2e2MHN.jpg

njVlx3z.jpg

Took this panoramic at Laguna Beach yesterday after climbing up a small rock formation. Gorgeous scenery. Can't wait to explore more.

8TYWFV4.jpg

What the fuck am I doing living in Ohio and Michigan?

Evo I am an excellent project/construction manager, please find me a socal job thanks in advance.

Edit: You can tell how good I am at my job because everything is running so smoothly I have time to browse NeoGAF at the office. Just kidding, everything is fucked at the corporate level so my team is in a holding pattern for the time being.

matmanx1

20151209_210948k6ssy.jpg

Yes, it's a standard.

Congrats, man. Those little Fiat's are good looking cars and it sounds like you got an incredible deal. Have fun with it!

Oxn

20151209_210948k6ssy.jpg

Yes, it's a standard.

I see these around my neighborhood alot. Ive even seen giant meatheads driving them around. Would love one in White.

If my sister ever makes enough money to get a car, I'll tell her to get this, cause she wants a really compact car, and I can drive it around. Ive always had a thing for Beetle as well.

boltz

20151209_210948k6ssy.jpg

Yes, it's a standard.

Congrats, sounds like you got an awesome deal; did you consider the Abarth when you were looking at them?

Bandit1

20151209_210948k6ssy.jpg

Yes, it's a standard.

Congrats! Sounds like a good deal and should be a fun little car!

Smokey

I need some help from those who lease. Wife and I went to Audi to look at the Q3. Baby is due in March and we are looking to trade in the 2014 Accord Coupe V6. First i need to say that the car has been really unlucky the past few months. My wife hit a damn bucket in the road and then some fucking asshole hit her and ran on the back drivers side of the car while we were shopping. So there are two items that we need to get taken care of.

Went to Audi. Test drove Q3. Wife loved it. They appraised the Accord and said they would give us 13k. Motherfucking what? They then talked about the damage on the vehicle and blah blah. So they bring the numbers back (with my supplier discount) and the numbers are in the $700s for a 39 month lease. This is with 2.5k down.

I found this to be highly offensive and almost lost my shit. Mind you no credit was ran or anything. They have lost their mind throwing out numbers like that on a Q3. Not a Q5. Not a Q7. A Q3. That plus the trade in amount?Fuck outta here.

Can someone help me here? Like...am i wrong for losing my shit? Am i missing something?

Smokey

I literally stood up and said ..."wat"

The damage to the Honda needs to be addressed but $13,000 on a 2014 model? $700 for a lease on a q3. I was so blown away that i dont really remember everything that was said.

Oxn

I literally stood up and said ..."wat"

The damage to the Honda needs to be addressed but $13,000 on a 2014 model? $700 for a lease on a q3. I was so blown away that i dont really remember everything that was said.

Look at the Volvo SUV. My in law just test drove it and he swears by it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I need some help from those who lease. Wife and I went to Audi to look at the Q3. Baby is due in March and we are looking to trade in the 2014 Accord Coupe V6. First i need to say that the car has been really unlucky the past few months. My wife hit a damn bucket in the road and then some fucking asshole hit her and ran on the back drivers side of the car while we were shopping. So there are two items that we need to get taken care of.

Went to Audi. Test drove Q3. Wife loved it. They appraised the Accord and said they would give us 13k. Motherfucking what? They then talked about the damage on the vehicle and blah blah. So they bring the numbers back (with my supplier discount) and the numbers are in the $700s for a 39 month lease. This is with 2.5k down.

I found this to be highly offensive and almost lost my shit. Mind you no credit was ran or anything. They have lost their mind throwing out numbers like that on a Q3. Not a Q5. Not a Q7. A Q3. That plus the trade in amount?Fuck outta here.

Can someone help me here? Like...am i wrong for losing my shit? Am i missing something?

It doesn't even sound like he ran a lease number. Wtf. I wonder if they also profiled you too especially since they didn't run your credit? Audi dealers are scum. The worst "luxury" car buying experience bar none, and you know I have my experience with them.

$500 for a Q3 is already expensive. I just don't get where 700 comes from.

Also, next time, never show your trade in to a dealer with damage. Ever. And always make sure it's washed.

Here is a lease forum on the Q3, the moderator at Edmunds always has the most recent residuals and money factors updated. And people post their prices too.

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/19619/audi/q3/2015-audi-q3-lease-questions

Last suggestion: get an Acura RDX for the same money. Better looking car. Better motor. Bigger. More options standard. Better buying experience. Infinitely more reliable. The Q3 looks cheap as hell, imo.

Smokey

It doesn't even sound like he ran a lease number. Wtf. I wonder if they also profiled you too especially since they didn't run your credit? Audi dealers are scum. The worst "luxury" car buying experience bar none, and you know I have my experience with them.

Also, next time, never show your trade in to a dealer with damage. Ever. And always make sure it's washed.

Here is a lease forum on the Q3, the moderator at Edmunds always has the most recent residuals and money factors updated. And people post their prices too.

Last suggestion: get an Acura RDX for the same money. Better looking car. Better motor. Bigger. More options standard. Better buying experience. Infinitely more reliable. The Q3 looks cheap as hell, imo.

Honestly this was my first thought too. I get sick of dealing with this BS. Half the time I go into one of these places the assistance is non existent. It's not until I reveal where I work that attitudes change. $700 is completely ridiculous. Even if the trade had damage (which I already knew was a fuk move but I figured we drove over here already so whatever).

Honestly this was my first thought too. I get sick of dealing with this BS. Half the time I go into one of these places the assistance is non existent. It's not until I reveal where I work that attitudes change. $700 is completely ridiculous. Even if the trade had damage (which I already knew was a fuk move but I figured we drove over here already so whatever).
Yeah, I know I still look too young to get attention at Porsche dealers, at most I'll get a confused "Can I help you?" From a sales associate, even if I drive up in my 911.

Yeah okay I'm not looking to buy a new one and just getting parts if anything, but come on I look and dress nicely. :(

Smokey

Yeah, I know I still look too young to get attention at Porsche dealers, at most I'll get a confused "Can I help you?" From a sales associate, even if I drive up in my 911.

Yeah okay I'm not looking to buy a new one and just getting parts if anything, but come on I look and dress nicely. :(

That's a little different than probably getting profiled for the color of your skin. But still shitty.

I dream of the day when I get flooded with money, don't get help, and flash my fucking 100k cashier's check in their face before telling them to eat shit and walk off.

13k for your Accord is offensive. I agree with AlphaSnake go to Acura and see what they do for you on an RDX.

That's a little different than probably getting profiled for the color of your skin. But still shitty.

I dream of the day when I get flooded with money, don't get help, and flash my fucking 100k cashier's check in their face before telling them to eat shit and walk off.
Lol I know, it's the most vapid complaint ever.

Falch

Sounds like an awful experience.

Why not look at a Mazda CX3 or CX5?

Oxn

Do it Pretty Woman style

Those are crazy bad figures. Were you looking at a 2015 or 2016? Always check Edmunds forums for the latest residual and money factor values. Then use some lease payment calculator.

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/19619/audi/q3/2015-audi-q3-lease-questions/p5

Nice FIAT!

I actually want one myself as a daily driver, but for the price the new Abarth goes, you can get a CPO Fiesta ST or a used Focus ST so it's tough to decide tbh.

But at the price you got it... shit, that's $2k less than what I got my Miata for 3 years ago... it's a great price so congrats man!

Why not look at a Mazda CX3 or CX5?

Seriously, people are sleeping on the CX-5 like it's a POS.

My sis-in-law(wife of my Mazdaspeed3 brother) has one and it's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever been in... hell it made me ask myself and my brother why the fuck we were commuting daily in a race car lol.

That said, yeah it's sad that you gotta look rich in order to get attention in a luxury dealership. I've heard many stories of rich ass dudes like Mark Cuban, walking in with a pair of jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops, only to get turned away coz they think he's a poor fuck.

Evo X

Huh, I've actually never had a problem getting assistance or test driving something at any luxury dealership. I'm either extremely lucky or have confidence shooting out my ass. Lol

The only people who hassled me surprisingly were a private pre-owned dealer and a Nissan dealer a while back.

Yeah, $700 is super shitty for a Q3. My mom just leased a 2016 BMW X5 which was $65k+tax for $800/MO for 36 months with 12k mi/yr with ZERO down.

Go check out BMW.

Zyzyxxz

20151209_210948k6ssy.jpg

Yes, it's a standard.

cant wait for used prices on the 500 Abarth to drop below 10K! Wouldn't mind picking one up and modding it a bit for more power. Bet it would be fun to drive.

Smokey

Huh, I've actually never had a problem getting assistance or test driving something at any luxury dealership. I'm either extremely lucky or have confidence shooting out my ass. Lol

The only people who hassled me surprisingly were a private pre-owned dealer and a Nissan dealer a while back.

Yeah, $700 is super shitty for a Q3. My mom just leased a 2016 BMW X5 which was $65k+tax for $800/MO for 36 months with 12k mi/yr with ZERO down.

Go check out BMW.

Since we're bros ill just ask....

Are you white?

Also the fact that you roll up in a red 2015 Cayman GTS probably does wonders for you.

Are you white?

Also the fact that you roll up in a red 2015 Cayman GTS probably does wonders for you.

so why do you think the audi salesmen should care about someone who rolls up in a beat up accord? thats likely your problem and not so much race.

hwalker84

so why do you think the audi salesmen should care about someone who rolls up in a beat up accord? thats likely your problem and not so much race.

Yes they should. If you're rolling in with a beat up car it's obvious you need a ride. No matter who walks in that door with whatever they're driving the service should be the same.

Thank you! Im sure you've seen Duracells car, its probably just what youre looking for! Lol
Yeah it would match lol. I'm now up to 89k kms after purchasing with 77k 3y4m ago, still going great and still unmodified hehe. Most people seem to want a vspec but there's not really much difference especially for the extra money imo.
Congrats on the new car too :) the newest car i drive is a 2000 model lol.

Evo X

Are you white?

Not white, although I look white. lol

I only got the GTS 6 months ago. Been test driving and buying cool cars long before then. Never had any issues even when I would show up in one of my Evos. Just need to do some research and avoid asshole dealers. There might be more of them in your area than mine.

Oxn

Now that you mentioned it I just remembered my bro in law saying the exact same thing about the Audi dealership he visited in Brooklyn. They just completely ignored him.

Smokey

lol

The Q3 is old garbage.

Why do you need a luxury SUV with a new kid? They will just trash the thing.

because it's what my wife wants. you learn not to argue too much with certain things. i don't argue with whatever she wants, and she cant say shit when its time to get what I want.

lbecause it's what my wife wants. you learn not to argue too much with certain things. i don't argue with whatever she wants, and she cant say shit when its time to get what I want.

That's an interesting dynamic. But if it works, then right on :)

Have you checked out the NX or the new X1?

Smokey

That's an interesting dynamic. But if it works, then right on :)

Have you checked out the NX or the new X1?

She doesn't like the X1. Likes the X3 though. We looked at the Explorer sport due to my sis in law working at Ford. It was pretttttty nice. My wife thought it might be too much car for her tho. Will look at the Acura that was mentioned earlier too.

Anion

She doesn't like the X1. Likes the X3 though. We looked at the Explorer sport due to my sis in law working at Ford. It was pretttttty nice. My wife thought it might be too much car for her tho. Will look at the Acura that was mentioned earlier too.
You look at the new GLC?
The new interior is really nice. It's like the C class, just an SUV

Oh and it comes in a dark red...which you should get just cause lol
2016-mercedes-benz-glc-class_100514789_m.jpg

And that grill

Traded in My 2013 Mustang GT a month and a half ago for this:

2016 Fiesta ST.

20151127_131235_HDR_zpsqgedxbhx.jpg

Haven't missed the power of the 5.0, the Fiesta to me is a much better overall package, and a lot more fun to drive. It is a bit more cramped inside, but I've gotten used to it. Also Sync 3 is much better than My Ford Touch.

Anion

Are you white?

I just read the previous page, dang that sucks man. I kinda know how you feel. Besides the MB dealer in the area, I feel like salespeople dont even take me seriously. Like at all. I had a feeling it was a combination of me being brown and looking kinda young...but Im pretty sure I look older than I am with my beard lol. Only reason I like the MB dealer is cause they have dealt with my parents before, so we got a good connection.

Funny thing is my father told me one of the reasons he went for the CLS over the Panamera was cause the MB dealership had the nicest sales experience, whereas the Porsche dealership was the worst experience he had ever had in buying anything. I still remember they really treated us like shit. Really disappointing. He always says the next car will be a Porsche...from used Mercedes lot lmao. Oh well, I think he got a better deal for the CLS over the Panamera cause asthetics, hp/tq, and lower price point at the time.

Traded in My 2013 Mustang GT a month and a half ago for this:

2016 Fiesta ST.

Haven't missed the power of the 5.0, the Fiesta to me is a much better overall package, and a lot more fun to drive. It is a bit more cramped inside, but I've gotten used to it. Also Sync 3 is much better than My Ford Touch.

Congrats man, I like the wheels. Heard so many things from Matt Farah, that it seems the Fiesta is the best way to go lol

Arc07

cant wait for used prices on the 500 Abarth to drop below 10K! Wouldn't mind picking one up and modding it a bit for more power. Bet it would be fun to drive.
They're almost there. Just picked up a 2013 Abarth loaded w/ 18k miles for $13k out the door. Car is an absolute blast.

Zyzyxxz

A lot of rich people in my area drive their Camry/Civics for 20 years until they decide to splurge on a luxury car usually those are the people who are making real money. Don't judge a book by the cover/

mkenyon

Banned
Smokey that's some fuckin bullshit. I'd never go back except to do that Cashier's check business.

On top of what has been mentioned, check out the QX50.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
That said, yeah it's sad that you gotta look rich in order to get attention in a luxury dealership.

I've test driven all kinds of exotics and high-end cars and I generally show up to dealerships in clothes and accessories that sum total to less than $100 and cars as old as 15 years old.

Regarding Audi, I recently test drove an R8 V10 6-speed manual and I arrived in a Kia Optima rental. Friendliness and self-respect/confidence go far towards getting anyone to do something for you, not to mention salespeople, who oftentimes drive cars worse than whatever you came in.

Top Bottom