• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ban-Age: Unwritten rules of NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rez said:
is there even an email that is checked regularly that I can use to contact GAF admin other than the support address on the site?

I would like to know this as well. The e-mail address supplied here bounces the emails back, so there's absolutely no way to reach anyone.

I remember, during my pre-approved days, I had a couple of issues... One, my ISP is AOL, so my ISP email is xxx@aol.com, and AOL emails are blocked, so I tried to email following these instructions, and I couldn't contact anyone. Had to wait until I got a college email address. Second, I registered twice (there was a sticky telling all non-approved members to re-register) and after 1.5 years, during the recent mass-approval process, both accounts were denied at the same time, and I couldn't explain via email that I had 2 accounts because they asked people to re-register. The accounts were named xxx and xxx2, so they were easy to spot as duplicates, I guess.

I shudder to think of what would happen if I were banned for some misunderstanding or something. I wouldn't be able to explain myself. :(

After 1.5 years of lurking, I learned many of the unwritten rules. I also found that I liked some mods' moderation better. for instance, most know when Dragona's going to ban someone (hence many "Uh-oh, Dragona" posts).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Why would you do that? said:
I would like to know this as well. The e-mail address supplied here bounces the emails back, so there's absolutely no way to reach anyone.

Works fine, I get many emails per day and read 'em all.

Salazar

Damn, I should get around to asking for a name change, then - if that is accepted practice.

I chose 'Salazar' on a whim, with Slytherin in mind. The totalitarian fascist baggage does me no favours.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Have torrents running while playing COH with Evilore.

2uqc42g.jpg

I can't remember if I was actually banned though :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
The one thing I saw that didn't get answered: How do the mods get chosen? Do they volunteer or are they just picked?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
arstal said:
The one thing I saw that didn't get answered: How do the mods get chosen? Do they volunteer or are they just picked?
You weren't looking very hard!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Salazar said:
Damn, I should get around to asking for a name change, then - if that is accepted practice.

I chose 'Salazar' on a whim, with Slytherin in mind. The totalitarian fascist baggage does me no favours.
I always thought it was referencing this guy:

ramonsalazarverdugos_2.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow, the OP has a lot of stuff added now. I can't think of anything else that's already been mentioned in this thread.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mods, the only thing I want is to be able to troll Steeler fans (Just Harson really) with impunity.

Then after that, whoever talks crap about Eli and the Giants.

That's all bros!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
As a Jr i replied something very silly as a first post on the gaming side and got destroyed for it a good 2 pages of flames my direction.. i learned my lession that day :lol

Red Scarlet

Wellington said:
Mods, the only thing I want is to be able to troll Steeler fans (Just Harson really) with impunity.

That's all bros!

I should really throw in those sexy beam avatars you were going to ban me over (despite getting admin permission). THE TABLES, THEY HAVE TURNED

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was wondering, will the FAQ be updated now because of this thread or will it still remain the same?

I also hate the "cool story bro" meme. I'm sure it'll wear off like the whole, "I accidentally ____" one. They're annoying to me. :\

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rewrite said:
I was wondering, will the FAQ be updated now because of this thread or will it still remain the same?

I also hate the "cool story bro" meme. I'm sure it'll wear off like the whole, "I accidentally ____" one. They're annoying to me. :\
I hate "cool story bro", because not only are they shitting in an already shitty thread, they are bumping it to the top of the page.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'd love to see some protection from Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and Crysis comparisons in the Halo Reach thread, but I guess it's inevitable.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Red Scarlet said:
I should really throw in those sexy beam avatars you were going to ban me over (despite getting admin permission). THE TABLES, THEY HAVE TURNED
I don't even know what you are talking about kid.

Rewrite said:

Should be "Cool story Dudebro" now.

Robot 492

Banned
SapientWolf said:
I hate "cool story bro", because not only are they shitting in an already shitty thread, they are bumping it to the top of the page.
That should be banned, IMO. It just implies that the poster didn't read the OP, which I believe is a bannable(?) offense now.

jax (old)

Banned
crazy monkey said:
in npd sales thread lots of people are getting banned today

which is why I don't really read or post in that thread. I'll have a look but I play games, not sales. It brings out the crazies and loads of huge ass gifs and I don't like to waste my bandwidth on that much idiocy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:

That's all bros!
Everyone knows NFL threads have their own rules!

Dani said:
I'd love to see some protection from Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and Crysis comparisons in the Halo Reach thread, but I guess it's inevitable.
Yes, comparing Halo Reach to any potential graphically superior game must be stopped

fanboi

Banned
Weeeeeell a nice night sleep (not really :|) and I added bjorks pic + don't talk shit about wrasslin!

Carry on.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
9. Correct people's grammar/spelling at your own risk. Not only did you probably make a similar typo on the exact same page, but we have many foreign and non-native English speakers here on GAF, so you're probably just making an ass out of yourself.
shit, i do that all the time. i'm not going to stop either. :p

Admiting to using AdBlockPlus on GAF is bannable.
huh... is that so.

fanboi

Banned
Question, is it bannable to post sensitive information regarding a game etc?

Remember the thread, when The Last Guardian was announced, that Amir0x had removed a thread regarding information about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom