• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

SJRB

Gold Member
Two discs for 360 is surprising, I'm pretty sure I haven't read anything about that anywhere.

I wonder how much disc space this game is going use on PS3.

Tsukumo

Will this game have any costume skins that aren't DLC?

one million skin and worst nightmare skin. They unlock once you complete the modes in the game. I think the first one unlocks when you complete the game the first time, while Worst Nightmare unlocks when you complete the I am the night mode.
They stressed repeatedly that they kept the number of pre-rendered sequences to a minimum so that people will have a chance to more alternative skins' action.

Sojgat

Two discs for 360 is surprising, I'm pretty sure I haven't read anything about that anywhere.

I wonder how much disc space this game is going use on PS3.

Which is usually a bad sign (not an install disc). Hopefully crossing the bridge doesn't mean swapping discs every time.

witness

Do we know is the PS3 version will have a 3D mode? I don't have much faith, but I love the 3D mode in Arkham City. It looks so amazing, sure there is some slow down when dive bombing but other than that it looks so good. I only just got my 3D set on Thursday so I'm kind of obsessed with getting another 3D game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Which is usually a bad sign (not an install disc). Hopefully crossing the bridge doesn't mean swapping discs every time.

I'm fairly certain the devs said the transition between districts was seamless, no loading times. Swapping discs in between islands would be insane, can you imagine swapping every 10 minutes? Sheesh, that would trainwreck this game. My best guess is one disc is install, the other for playing.

Sojgat

I'm fairly certain the devs said the transition between districts was seamless, no loading times. Swapping discs in between islands would be insane, can you imagine swapping every 10 minutes? Sheesh, that would trainwreck this game. My best guess is one disc is install, the other for playing.

Been trying to find an answer and the best I could find is this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=6055160

Seems like the campaign is on one disc and the MP stuff is on the other.

Tsukumo

Do we know is the PS3 version will have a 3D mode? I don't have much faith, but I love the 3D mode in Arkham City. It looks so amazing, sure there is some slow down when dive bombing but other than that it looks so good. I only just got my 3D set on Thursday so I'm kind of obsessed with getting another 3D game.

asylum and city had it both, so I think it's fair to say origins will feature that too.

FrsDvl

Still debating on whether to pick this up or not.. AA was amazing, but I didn't care too much for AC.. Anyone here played it and have some impressions? ( sorry if someone already posted something, didn't look through all the pages.)

I'll probably just wait for reviews to come in though.

I have ordered this off Amazon, whilst it isn't Rocksteady doing this one, I think they have an excellent formula to follow. So I don't think they could screw it up to the point where it isn't worth playing.

Tsukumo

Any idea when the review embargo lefts ?!

the 25th apparently, but if Warner Bros PR doesn't lift the embargo before that date, their marketing campaign will flush down the toilet: 360 copies are already being sold, which means that in the matter of 24 hours gameplay streams will blot out the sun. If you add the likely release on torrent of the game's iso and the fact that some stores will get the game on Tuesday instead of Friday, well...the verdict on the game will probably be out by tomorrow.

the 25th apparently, but if Warner Bros PR doesn't lift the embargo before that date, their marketing campaign will flush down the toilet: 360 copies are already being sold, which means that in the matter of 24 hours gameplay streams will blot out the sun. If you add the likely release on torrent of the game's iso and the fact that some stores will get the game on Tuesday instead of Friday, well...the verdict on the game will probably be out by tomorrow.

Too late for a review, and you are right, I was just talking to a friend, and it seems the game is indeed released where he lives, though he is waiting for the collector's edition.

Ephemeris

This thread is my only safe haven from spoilers now.

Eusis

I am curious to hear if these people that got lucky with early copies think if it's good, bad, great, whatever. Beyond that... not really interested in finding out more than I already have, haha.

Mideon

Found the US collectors edition in stock at a place called CDUniverse. Hopefully it gets over here to the UK safe. That's 3 copies I have now! Steam preorder, UK PS3 CE and US PS3 CE. This game better be good!!

Eusis

This feels like the "biggest" game in a while that's launched with very low key marketing, which seems odd considering the acclaim the last two (deservedly) got.
I think a lot of it comes down to the new consoles being that big of a deal, you remove them from the equation and it could easily look like one of the fall's biggest games. Hell, when you eliminate that "next gen" angle it should still be.

Though, GTAV literally came out about a month ago, it's almost like comparing just about any lightbulb to the sun.

I think a lot of it comes down to the new consoles being that big of a deal, you remove them from the equation and it could easily look like one of the fall's biggest games. Hell, when you eliminate that "next gen" angle it should still be.

Rocksteady's Batman game however will be a different story

Pein

Banned
gonna buy the wii u version, I'm 99% sure I'll never play multi and its cheaper. Back up is PS3 though.

Tsukumo

Not-sure-if-I-should-click.

Is it hugely spoilery?

If you have read the achievements/trophies list and you have read the bgm list of the official soundtrack, no.
The worst thing these linked pics will do is making you even more restless to get your hands on the game ;D

JHall

Designs look great!

Really wish they would have used KGBeast or Prometheus as one of the assassins.

Top Bottom