• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

neoism

will GMG get a code right now or the 25th.... not sure what to do.. I have 47.50 in my steam wallet or get it for 37.50 or cost me $5 I could get enough from cards but I'm lazy...
:/

Laieon

I never played Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, since this is a prequel I'm assuming I wouldn't miss out on anything story wise, right? I like the idea of playing an origin story. I just got a Wii U, so I'm looking for more games to pick up on it.

SJRB

Gold Member
I never played Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, since this is a prequel I'm assuming I wouldn't miss out on anything story wise, right? I like the idea of playing an origin story. I just got a Wii U, so I'm looking for more games to pick up on it.

I'm sure Origins will have a couple of nods to the previous games, but overall this game will have little to do with Asylum and City when it comes to narrative.

However, I can HIGHLY recommend playing Asylum and City before playing Origins. They're amazing games and playing all three back to back is a great way to see how the series has evolved.

cdkee

Banned
You guys think there will be a next-gen port of this early next year?

I loved AA/AC but I'd like to experience it on PS4, so considering holding off.

neoism

I'm sure Origins will have a couple of nods to the previous games, but overall this game will have little to do with Asylum and City when it comes to narrative.

However, I can HIGHLY recommend playing Asylum and City before playing Origins. They're amazing games and playing all three back to back is a great way to see how the series has evolved.
yeah but this close to release I'd just play Origins for now no need to get burnt out on the series/games before getting potentially the best one

witness

Next-gen port of the whole trilogy running at 1080p would be so bought.

That's the thing, I can totally see WB doing this even though they are vehemently denying a next gen port of Origins. They did it with Injustice and Lego Marvel, so it makes sense.

Tsukumo

Story wise, no. Gameplay wise, those are two of the best games this generation has seen. But I'm going to do something evil and I will take advantage of your passion for Nintendo games, so I'll tell you that Arkham Asylum is a spectacular example of a Metroid game done right and Arkham City is a magnificent Zelda game with an awesome main character. Also batarangs > boomerangs. Also Dr Strange > Dr Mario. Also dive bombs > flower bombs.
BTW, Arkham City on WiiU is possibly one of the cheapest game on the console and comes with every dlc already on disc.

SJRB

Gold Member
Story wise, no. Gameplay wise, those are two of the best games this generation has seen. But I'm going to do something evil and I will take advantage of your passion for Nintendo games, so I'll tell you that Arkham Asylum is a spectacular example of a Metroid game done right and Arkham City is a magnificent Zelda game with an awesome main character. Also batarangs > boomerangs. Also Dr Strange > Dr Mario. Also dive bombs > flower bombs.
BTW, Arkham City on WiiU is possibly one of the cheapest game on the console and comes with every dlc already on disc.

There's ONE problem with Arkham City on the WiiU though:

WVRuWIi.jpg

2ctsbhO.jpg

Xdlfqu7.jpg

What the fuck were they thinking?

nordique

You guys think there will be a next-gen port of this early next year?

I loved AA/AC but I'd like to experience it on PS4, so considering holding off.

they might

but I need to play the game now!! haha

good things come to those who wait for 'em......but for now nothing is confirmed so you're only going off an assumption which might not formulate at all.

nordique

There's ONE problem with Arkham City on the WiiU though:

What the fuck were they thinking?

I too hated those "armoured" outfits

but hopefully/certainly the game should be normal on Wii U this time

Honestly if I had a Wii U currently, I'd get that version (cheaper, no BS MP stuff) but I don't.

It might even be the definitive console version, lookswise, if the effort goes into it.

But PS3 it is for me

Gbraga

The PC version, yes, but just because nVidia's offering the game doesn't mean they offer a code that gets you the pre-order bonus. Kind of like how you don't get Steam specific rewards like TF2 skins if you used a code from GMG even if it's before release and lets you preload. And I think I saw someone say you do miss out on the pre-order DLC, but I'd need to dig that up again.

And should AA/AC spoilers be mentioned freely? Granted this IS the latest game and most are assumed to have played through both of them, but this is a prequel where presumably little to none of that matters (though games like Metal Gear Solid and Kingdom Hearts have played with that) and we just had GFWL scrubbed out of the Steam versions so any one us waiting to play is now doing so.

Shit, didn't think about it. I hope they sell this as regular DLC.

Mideon

They were already leaked to be in the game previously through the sountrack and trophy list. This is merely what they will look like .

Some people purposely avoided reading about the soundtrack and I never look at trophies as they always spoil games but thanks for making it seem like you need to shut off the internet for a week before a game comes out just so you can enjoy it the way the devs intended.

Derrick01

Banned
They were already leaked to be in the game previously through the sountrack and trophy list. This is merely what they will look like .

You have to assume that most won't look at leaks for a game they're anticipating. For this one I'm kind of indifferent to spoilers but I still didn't know that first character was in this game. Your screen also implies that you fight that person too since it says captured on it.

Well, I apologize If I spoiled anything for you guys. I've edited the post in question. But no one is more outraged than myself who had to find out a character who I feel doesn't truly in the 8 assassin list actually is.

-__________-

Ephemeris

Well, I apologize If I spoiled anything for you guys. I've edited the post in question. But no one is more outraged than myself who had to find out a character who I feel doesn't truly in the 8 assassin list actually is.

-__________-

don't sweat it. I'm particular about spoilers and this one is mild at best.

Mideon

-__________-

No worries dude. Like others have said not the biggest spoilers in the world. Plus hopefully there will be a few months worth of Easter eggs like in the other Arkham games :)

Phinor

Weirdly interested in the multiplayer. Mostly because Splash Damage is involved, but also because the concept of three teams sounds interesting enough to at least give it a try. It might be the worst idea ever but at least it's going to be different.

As much as I don't care about Assassin's Creed, those games went for a slightly different multiplayer mode and I can respect that (although from what I gather, they haven't really changed the multiplayer at all in later games?). I like that, if you want/need to add multiplayer to a game that is really about the singleplayer campaign, try something different. The world doesn't need yet another 8vs8 team deathmatch mode.

Veelk

Banned
Question about the most recently revealed characters

Is Killer Croc the final assassin? Because...that doesn't really gel with his character as we know it. He isn't the type to kill for money.

Is Killer Croc the final assassin? Because...that doesn't really gel with his character as we know it. He isn't the type to kill for money.

I've read a few comics where he started out taking jobs. Before he became the king of the underground.

SJRB

Gold Member

He's a thug with a vendetta. I bet he'd even do it for free. I agree that it feels kind of cheating to have him as an assassin, but I can see where they're coming from.

Weirdly interested in the multiplayer. Mostly because Splash Damage is involved, but also because the concept of three teams sounds interesting enough to at least give it a try. It might be the worst idea ever but at least it's going to be different.

As much as I don't care about Assassin's Creed, those games went for a slightly different multiplayer mode and I can respect that (although from what I gather, they haven't really changed the multiplayer at all in later games?). I like that, if you want/need to add multiplayer to a game that is really about the singleplayer campaign, try something different. The world doesn't need yet another 8vs8 team deathmatch mode.

While I agree with you on idea of playing a new mp that has some unique flair to it, and I am excited to try it, Splash Damage's last multiplayer game that I played was Brink, and that game was awful. I pre-ordered it and was excited on the parkour shooter idea, it was awful all around. Splash Damage now doesn't seem to be the same guys from 10 years ago.

Edit: I hope it is good, but I'll not expect it to be. Hopefully, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Veelk

Banned
I don't object to the idea of
assassin Croc
, exactly. I just thought it was kind of wierd. I also find it strange that out of all the assassins, he's the last to get revealed instead of
Lady Shiva.

So excited for this. Wish it was coming out on Tuesday not Friday though. Why are they making us wait?

So Americans feel the injustice as Europeans have been feeling for a long time?

Batman, is all about the justice.

I'm not excited I have to wait either, but we've waited this long. 3 extra days are nothing.

tav7623

one million skin and worst nightmare skin. They unlock once you complete the modes in the game. I think the first one unlocks when you complete the game the first time, while Worst Nightmare unlocks when you complete the I am the night mode.
They stressed repeatedly that they kept the number of pre-rendered sequences to a minimum so that people will have a chance to more alternative skins' action.

According to the game's official forums the Batman One Million suit unlocks upon signing on using your WBID and you can unlock the Red Son Batman outfit for the game by getting/obtaining 10 Batsuits in the mobile game.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/The-Benefits-of-WBID/m-p/13#U13

Any interviews about how these assassins work? Just standard boss fight or you gotta to detective stuff to track them and find weakness and stuff?

dEvAnGeL

i really hope this game runs better on PC this time, AC was/is awesome but what a pile of shit when it came to run the game on DX11, hey, one can dream

According to the game's official forums the Batman One Million suit unlocks upon signing on using your WBID and you can unlock the Red Son Batman outfit for the game by getting/obtaining 10 Batsuits in the mobile game.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/The-Benefits-of-WBID/m-p/13#U13

Sweet. I actually just unlocked the 10 suits a couple hours ago. All the suits in the mobile game seem to be lower res versions of something that would be in the console/PC version. If anyone is wondering what the selection might be like. Fingers crossed on the new 52 batsuit being in the game cause that shit looks awesome in the mobile game!!

i really hope this game runs better on PC this time, AC was/is awesome but what a pile of shit when it came to run the game on DX11, hey, one can dream
I hope the same thing. I have recently been replaying Batman AC and it now runs WAY better than it did at release.

Ephemeris

Sweet. I actually just unlocked the 10 suits a couple hours ago. All the suits in the mobile game seem to be lower res versions of something that would be in the console/PC version. If anyone is wondering what the selection might be like. Fingers crossed on the new 52 batsuit being in the game cause that shit looks awesome in the mobile game!!

I hope the same thing. I have recently been replaying Batman AC and it now runs WAY better than it did at release.

I just starting playing that last night. Enjoying it strangely enough. Never was a fan of the wait-or-pay model though.

tav7623

KelticKennedy, thought I should clarify that you need to "purchase" 10 Batsuits in the mobile game using the in game currency to get the Red Son suit

Killer Croc as the last assassin? Really?

Talk about ending on a sour note...terrible character and one that has no place in Origins. Ugh...

GMG checkout won't work ffs... I'll keep trying. Submitted a ticket.

Edit - screw paypal I didn't want to wait for gmg to give me a non-answer. just used credit card. yaaaaaay. 25% off is dece! It reminds me of when arkham asylum launched and walmart was selling it for 30 bucks on day one so all the local stores matched. Best. Purchase. Ever.

maneil99

So does the MP use steamworks since its a steamworks title? Also if anyone wants a Region Free RU copy for 30$ PM me

Top Bottom