• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobs34

I love the concept, and I assume the game will look gorgeous, but why have such a big event for a trailer? Just wasting everyone's time.

I hope this game turns out great!

T.O.P

Banned
This trailer of game engine footage, so reminds me of the initial Killzone 2 trailer reveal. Smoke and mirrors with visuals only to be downgraded the following E3. We all know how the final game turned out..

After Battlefront people still doubt Dice graphic-wise?

Loxley

This trailer of game engine footage, so reminds me of the initial Killzone 2 trailer reveal. Smoke and mirrors with visuals only to be downgraded the following E3. We all know how the final game turned out..

Does DICE have a documented history of severely downgrading games from the initial reveal? I thought Battlefront (at least on PC) looked absolutely stunning.

diaspora

I don't know if I could call WW1 boring. Like those battles literally involved fucking raining shells down at such a ridiculous degree it drove people insane.

CamHostage

Why are they still talking?

- This game is so awesome.
- Yes, it's super awesome.
- Totally awesome.
- Mega awesome.

They're also not talking at all about what the game actually is and what makes it so revolutionary in their estimation. They spent hours in the pre-show talking about how all the games led up to this massive next step, but as far as they've said so far, it's just a cool new setting (which is great, Battlefield is super good, but I can see that just fine from the video.) If you've got nothing to say about the game, don't block out hours for talking about nothing, just show the damn trailer.

SJRB

Gold Member
30-minute show with LITERALLY one minute of actual game footage.

...o great, now they're showing screenshots from that same trailer. GREAT.

That's not totally fair; this is an actual game engine (running on Titans though doubt though); KZ2 literally did not exist on PS3 at all when that trailer was shown off; it was completely outsourced to a CG studio.

Coolade

Anticipation for nothing. Was hoping they'd really look to one up COD with a gameplay reveal. Well.. I guess they will save it for E3 at best.

Personally, that fucking music completely dampened the effect of the trailer.
Yeah, that fell flat for me too. For all the talk of immersion the trailer music is too dissonant with the setting.

I get the feeling that like BC2 its gameplay, even scripted gameplay that will be the best and the most impressive marketing for the game.

compare it to BF4 and Battlefront not Killzone. Dice last two games look roughly identical to their reveal qualities.

Shitty tanks, fast horses, and explosives. I can already hear the thump of the satchel charge and the whinny of the scout as they ride off and my slow ass tank explodes.

Oh my god. I never thought about this. One of my favorite thing in most Battlefield games is C4-esq vehicle attacks. I am officially pumped now.

Arun1910

If they dont show gameplay for a 1.5 hour event then that's a complete waste.

I feel bad for people that flew out to this event to just see a trailer if thats the case.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I feel sorry for the people who went to the event in person to listen to this for 2 minutes of trailer.
And they're stuck there too, lol.

What the heck was that?

Terrible trailer, I had no idea what the fuck I was watching half the time. I'm only more confused about what this actually is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom