• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

So much hype, even tho I have no idea what it is.

I think I'm gonna be playing Naval Strike today, the anticipation has put me in a BF4 mood.

I'd forgotten how much hype ID got for Battlefield titles.After being away for awhile I put in a couple of hours on BF4 last night,and even though I think it's the weakest of the series,it's still a helluva lot of fun.

Can't wait for the reveal

Keasar

1-ww1-tech-tank.jpg

They still had a top speed of like 6 km/h. I like my tanks a little more modern with at least some engine power in them. :p

If it's Battlefield - Steampunk, I will pre-order the most expensive edition as soon as the trailer's up. That would be amazing, and the meltdowns from the ardent WW2, WW1 and 2142 camps would make it all the sweeter.
That image is of dieselpunk, not steampunk. Steampunk is like Victorian eras view of the future, and Dieselpunk is ~1920s view of the future.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think im gonna be at work during the reveal :(

Well this is the company that sanctioned BF: Hardline, which makes no sense, and it bombed (no-one plays it).

Someone at DICE having a brainstorm and thinking, 'let's make a Battlefield game about cops & robbers', even though it was more or less a low-budget stop-gap, is just as far-fetched as the same idea about a steampunk WW1 setting you'd think, 'cept the cops & robbers game was sanctioned.

So I believe it's going to happen.

It may have bombed - I haven't checked - but the bolded part is simply not true. I get instant matches on PS4 (didn't get it on PC).

I get that you might just be exaggerating - but I don't appreciate that either.

Can hardly wait to confirm what this BF is, though, can't remember being this excited for a DiCE reveal - ever?

Megasoum

Banned
I think there's a very good case that not only is Hardline not a good Battlefield game, but the marketing and how it was portrayed were truly terrible. If you recall, the game was delayed about 5 months after a lacklustre reception. It had little hype to begin with - the delay brutalised it.

Also,it came out right around the time the whole Ferguson thing blew up. Granted, not really EA's fault but still.

How about some reasons as to why you are not excited?

Me personally, as a BF player since BF 1942, I couldn't be MORE excited about a possible return to the era that sparked it all.

Same here, but i'm wondering how they will handle the carrot on the stick crowd.
Cosmetic unlocks would be nice a Halo 5 model with free maps would also be nice.
I think cod or bf could do that on player size alone. I think i actually spend almost
a season pack worth of money in halo 5 because of prepaid cards leftovers.

It'd be Day One™ for me if they go back to either the WW1 or WW2 era.

The more Call of Duty games go into the future the less they appeal to me.

elyetis

Me personally, as a BF player since BF 1942, I couldn't be MORE excited about a possible return to the era that sparked it all.
I doubt it will happen even if they do go back de ww2, but it's not only the period that I miss from bf1942, but how in many way, the game went for a smaller scale. Huge ships, submarines, planes ( 2 place and with torpedos ). It wasn't used in every map, and probably not well balanced, but damn it was good, the intro video really sum it up well.

Scrawnton

I will be there day one if it is anything involving Vietnam or earlier. I'm tired of the futuristic shooters and BF4 is already modern enough for me to not want that again.

Of course, I'd accept a bad company 3 style game but I already know that isn't happening.

Alexious

From the official twitter:
[DELETED]

Battlefield 1942 right in the middle

Edit: someone was faster

But on the left there's a modern airplane I think, so probably from BF3 or 4 (or even 2). So I'm guessing that's just an overview of all their past games.

Mr_Irish

Neo Member
They are probably gonna take a look at the previous Battlefield games on this pre-show, starting with BF1942 obviously.

Anyway... as long as DICE finally get rid of those stupid lock-on mechanics, I'm fine with any new Battlefield game - altough I prefer a new AAA game set in WW2.

rdytoroll

It has to be set in the past now. Don't know how often they teased/showed stuff from Battlefield 1942 per pictures and videos in the last week

That jet on the left is anything but 1942 though.
I think it is just a showcase of past games there and the real deal will be WW1, possibly alternate reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom