• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdytoroll

But on the left there's a modern airplane I think, so probably from BF3 or 4 (or even 2). So I'm guessing that's just an overview of all their past games.

The only teasers and gameplay they've shown in the last week was from BF 1942 though. I remember seeing them on Facebook and Twitter

Scrawnton

That jet on the left is anything but 1942 though.
I think it is just a showcase of past games there and the real deal will be WW1, possibly alternate reality.
I hope it's not alternate reality. My favorite thing about battlefield is its dedication to reality or historical warfare to an extent.

I'm impressed this hasn't leaked yet.

Well if it ends up being WW1/2 then it kind of did leak already.

Compsiox

Banned
I hope it's not alternate reality. My favorite thing about battlefield is its dedication to reality or historical warfare to an extent.

Well if it ends up being WW1/2 then it kind of did leak already.

So what we know the era and the name. Nothing else.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How does it start in 40min? I thought it was at 3pm central time?

Pre-show is there to drive nostalgia hype for the reveal which is now expected to be f*n amazing due to a dev comment on twitter in which we will see games media fall off their chairs or riots on the interwebz.

Is' all good

Azriell

I don't really think DICE is going to do WWI. You lose some of the spectacle a lot of people get excited about, and it would probably play very differently than modern BF. I think it would be pretty cool, however, and if you look at historical pictures you can quickly get an idea of how cool and different it could be.

germans_1

Tubie

Twitch offline chat is always entertaining.

I wonder if they are just going to stream BF4 for 6 hours before the reveal.

rdytoroll

Twitch offline chat is always entertaining.

I wonder if they are just going to stream BF4 for 6 hours before the reveal.

I kinda want to read it for the reactions later, but I just know some arse is gonna spoil Uncharted 4 in that chat. Not worth it

GodofWine

I don't really think DICE is going to do WWI. You lose some of the spectacle a lot of people get excited about, and it would probably play very differently than modern BF. I think it would be pretty cool, however, and if you look at historical pictures you can quickly get an idea of how cool and different it could be.

I agree, I think Devs/Pubs are beginning to realize that now with the average gamer being like 40 something, that there is not a single formula to push out to appeal to all of us. When I was 12 in 1990, not too many kids had parents who were fighting for time on the NES or Commodore 64

Today, all my friends with kids (me included) are locked in a to-the-death-struggle to get their own time gaming lol , but we don't want to play COD anymore cause its gimicky soulless tripe now, and locking cod4 behind a $80 paywall is garbage...all my friends would go nuts for a WW1 or WW2 game, and if they pull a fast one and make it time travel VR crap, we'll be so let down.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Please don't screw this up, DICE. Give it (WWI or II, don't much care at this point) to us without frills, no nonsense.

OmegaX06

What if the game somehow spans multiple time periods? Starting at World War 1 and going into the future. Not sure how that would work for multiplayer but it would be awesome.

Raven77

So that image from the pre-show history of Battlefield pretty much confirms that is is NOT a futuristic Battlefield game.

That history of Battlefield doesnt even list BF 2142 unless I am blind. Could still be alternate history or whatever with Diesel-Punk mechs and stuff but if they were taking that route I would imagine they would put their most unrealistic game on that history of BF feature and include 2142.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Also, why are they skipping Bad Company 1? :(

They are skipping quite the few actually.

Battlefield 1942
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield: Bad Company
Battlefield Heroes
Battlefield 1943
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Shown
Battlefield Play4Free
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield Hardline

Coffinhal

Reveal is in the middle of the night for the Chinese timezone, I guess I'll see everything tomorrow morning. They better show a full mission or I won't be able to wait until E3.

What if the game somehow spans multiple time periods? Starting at World War 1 and going into the future. Not sure how that would work for multiplayer but it would be awesome.

The game design problems apart, they have a budget, they can't do 4 games in 1.

Mr_Irish

Neo Member
They are skipping quite the few actually.

Battlefield 1942
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield: Bad Company
Battlefield Heroes
Battlefield 1943
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield Play4Free
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield Hardline

They generally don't like to talk about BF Vietam, judging from their website and various interviews.

rdytoroll

Notice how every other game is a numbered one from the main series, instead of being in release order (see BF4 and Hardline switched)? Kinda confirms it to me that it's not called Battlefield 5. It's gonna have some kind of subtitle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom