• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi Nao

ChtrgtOW0AAEh__.jpg:large

Holy shit lol

WW1 setting would be kinda boring. Trench wars incl. a lot of artillery, non-automatic carabiners, stationary MGs, millions of dead horses and some bi- and triplanes don't really add up to a great and diversified scenario for a great shooter. As long as BF 1 stay historically correct, that is.

WW2 on the other hand, well, that's what I am looking for. A proper D-Day map - campaign and/or online - alone would make me buy this one stante pedes.

kiguel182

I'm not a big Battlefield guy (only really liked Bad Company) but WW1 is the opposite of what I'm looking forward.

Sci-fi over those two wars anytime.

Hasney

Not sure why some are taking that random concept art as fact now.

Hope. Save me falling asleep if I just read WW1 or WW2.
Right! I mean idk why EA would have two mech based games (aside from them mechs being kick-ass) coming out around the same time though... that said... i fucking hope there are mechs!

I dunno, I think mechs can be handled so differently that the question is the same as "Why are they doing 2 big FPS games coming out around the same time?"

Depending on what the setting it, it could make my November a lot easier.

I wish COD and BF didnt' come out during the same period. I want to sink hours and hours into COD4 remaster, but I loved BF4 so if this is a great sequel I'll want to sink hours and hours into this as well.

Too little time to play both as much as I'd want :(

rdytoroll

Verdun and Grabenkrieg are out for WWI. So? ;)

Cmon, you well know you can't compare those with Titanfall, Call of Duty, Destiny and so forth. Ones are AAA games with absurd amounts of players, while the others... well aren't.
People who like the futuristic settings have much greater choice, than we, who love WW1/2 do. Not every AAA game needs to be in such a setting, we wanna have fun too ;)

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Those arts look to much like Wolfenstein.

dr_rus

I'm not a big Battlefield guy (only really liked Bad Company) but WW1 is the opposite of what I'm looking forward.

Sci-fi over those two wars anytime.

Same here.

I also don't get why people want to turn BF into a Wolfenstein on the last couple of pages.

DOWN

Banned
We're all excited that this will be the first current gen only title that the flagship Battlefield team has done right? This is gonna look bonkers considering what Battlefront looks like

Hasney

Well, the sharp edges of the shadow covering his face seem to indicate something rising close in front of him.

You're right. Looks hella square too so it can't be a Zeppelin most likely.

The concept art. I know it's not confirmed real,but I really can't stand the whole mech thing.

Don't worry, until those art shots I had zero hype so I'm making up for it. It seems likely only one of us will be disappointed tomorrow though :)

Oh, I see that but why are people making the connection to BF5?

Cause he posted one of the images to his Facebook page and added PS4/XBO/PC logos to it.

I think it's just an artist that had a similar idea, saw the WW1/1920/Alt History rumors, and is trying to capitalize on it. Which, based off this thread, is working wonderfully now that someone found it.

You're right. Looks hella square too so it can't be a Zeppelin most likely.

Don't worry, until those art shots I had zero hype so I'm making up for it. It seems likely only one of us will be disappointed tomorrow though :)

Disappointment will be rampant tomorrow. Not sure if this hype machine helped or hurt them.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Please be World War II. Or even World War I. Just make air combat fun again.

I just want a better balance

Weapons that are exclusive to classes. Weapons that feel unique without needing to slap a shitload of attachments.

No bullshit overlapping of classes

If I play engineer, I want to fear confrontation with assault players.

I want to use recon to get intel of the field and help my teammates with air strikes

I also don't want commander mode back. I hated how they could spam uav. Totally killed stealthy plays for me

Hasney

Disappointment will be rampant tomorrow. Not sure if this hype machine helped or hurt them.

Yeah, I won't be vocal about mine though since we could all be taking 2+2 and getting 5 here. But if I can drive one of those steam mechs I would be so happy. No realistic Battlefield will have me there day 1 like something like that potentially could.
Really? Didn't some DICE dev just bitch about IW trailer not showing any actual gameplay? lol fail

There's a difference between a few seconds teaser and a full trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom