• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven77

Whatever he's looking at it's close to him and not something far away.

And you're determining this how exactly? His mouth opens up as the gif goes along, meaning that it is likely something far away. I don't know how many people are shocked by something like that so close to them. He would probably be reacting to it as well if it was close, not just standing there waiting for whatever it is to possibly kill him.

p849_p_v8_aa.jpg
The Final Countdown (1980)

"A modern aircraft carrier is thrown back in time to 1941 near Hawaii, just hours before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=amzn_dp_dvd

Cause he posted one of the images to his Facebook page and added PS4/XBO/PC logos to it.

I think it's just an artist that had a similar idea, saw the WW1/1920/Alt History rumors, and is trying to capitalize on it. Which, based off this thread, is working wonderfully now that someone found it.

most of his artwork is for his Scythe boardgame which is due out in a few months in physical form. Presumably they are announcing a digital version or a kickstarter for one. You think an EA concept artist would be in charge of putting console logos on top of his own work?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Is it just me or these three seconds teaser got better graphics than the whole Infinity Warfare trailer? lol

KOHIPEET

And you're determining this how exactly? His mouth opens up as the gif goes along, meaning that it is likely something far away. I don't know how many people are shocked by something like that so close to them. He would probably be reacting to it as well if it was close, not just standing there waiting for whatever it is to possibly kill him.

I'm basing my assumptions on how the shadow covering his face looks. It's edgy, sharp. Something further away would cast a more blurry shadow.

Edit:
two_shadows.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They'll show PC footage most likely tomorrow right?
To make the best impression, graphics wise

We've already discussed how viable WWI is for a shooter setting to death. Go take a history class at your local university, read a book, or listen to Dan Carlin's multi-part series on the first world war. People have been begging for a game designed around Rush mode again and WWI is like the perfect opportunity for that. If they even go the trench way now but it seems like they aren't if it's alternate.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Many many fist pumps!!!

Did not purchase 4, purchased 3 and Vietnam on the PC and did not play too much of 3 really like I did with 2. I personally had a modern warfare fatigue...

But this, I am jumping back in!!!

The art has nothing to do with BF5. It was made for this boardgame https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameystegmaier/scythe?ref=card called Scythe. Maybe they are doing a digital version of the boardgame.

That's what he said, in 2014...

That's the whole point, the guy says is something new based on his world, he can't talk about it yet and he says is for consoles.

I think it's a good day to announce a new project based on my 1920+ world, more coming soon... but I can assure you that it will be worth the wait (there is a hint at the bottom of the picture) cheers!

All this hyping settings up and trying to figure out what the game is reminds of of when Spark Unlimited was working on a game and lots of people thought it would be Battlefront 3. It turned out to be Lost planet 3.

I'll be quite happy with this as long as it's not a modern setting again. Historical or 2143 would be great.

Raven77

I'm basing my assumptions on how the shadow covering his face looks. It's edgy, sharp. Something further away would cast a more blurry shadow.

Edit:
two_shadows.jpg

That is not how shadows / light work in every situation. I see what you're saying though. Since it's a game and not real life, maybe that is the case.

However, the angle of his eyes and his reaction (just standing there) make me think it is further away.

UV-6

Battlefield could have a real interesting and unique premise this year compared to same old recycled COD. Hope it's good.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So stupid if it's really called "Battlefield 1".

Why not Battlefield 5? just because they go back to WW? DICE pls.

Deadbeat

Banned
actually, how much weapon variety a WW1 shooter would have?
Are you serious?

Ignoring stationary heavy machine guns we have:

MP 18 smg, browning auto 5 semi auto shotgun, winchester trench shotgun, madsen lmg, chauchat lmg, browning bar, mg15, federov, that weird italian smg I dont remember, semi auto rifles like the rsc 1917 and 18, god knows how many weird semi autos handguns, not including handguns with longer barrels with wood stocks attached with extended mags (like the artillery luger with a 32 round snail drum), etc.

WW1 isnt all bolt action rifles and camping.

5taquitos

What if it's not "Battlefield 1" but just "Battlefield," and the "1" was added by mistake? I would accept a game called "Battlefield."

Edit: beaten

Odrion

Banned
Well, how many prequel games began with 0?

And the Battlefield franchise has technically never had a title that was just "Battlefield" or "Battlefield 1"...

What if its more of a Wolfenstien WW2 setting. That would be rad. Yesterday i wanted a WW1 Battlefield game, now after seeing that concept art i all i want is exactly that. I hope its not vanilla WW1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom