• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Woohoo! Just got home from my pickup.

Price matched the LG440G phone to Radioshack for $5 then donated the $10 back to St. Judes. The girl at the register gave me a big smile and said "That was the biggest donation I've ever seen here!"

Immediately walked over and bought Bayonetta 2 which I didn't get a chance to pick up last week because I was sick. Also grabbed Fantasy Life as my first Christmas gift purchase of the year for my wife. The gamer club has already payed for itself! :D

That's awesome of you, bravo!

When does BB do the buy 2 get 1?

Who knows, but I believe last year they did one when Target did. It wasn't advertised in an ad, but was doing it automatically at the point of sale... They could do one next week, maybe they don't do one this year at all....

DirtyLarry

When does BB do the buy 2 get 1?
Not sure when the actual sale goes up, but it is my understanding you get a coupon for this when you get the Welcome email, which is why I asked a few posts back if people had received their welcome emails yet.

I checked under my account yesterday and GCU is definitely active, as I also got the discount for preordering a game as well. But that welcome email will make it official to me.

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
Generally speaking if it is available for In Store Pickup on the day you check, it is there.

So to everyone that did this successfully (I did myself) did anyone get the welcome email yet?

Am curious about this too. I did the price match at a store in Manhattan successfully last night. I then logged in to Best Buy account and tried pre-ordering a game that has the $10 coupon. The game showed up in my shopping cart with the gamer club unlocked discount price but since I am not ready to pull the trigger I did not complete the transaction. Assuming had i completed it would have made reference to the $10 coupon but I did not see anything about that nor have I received any welcome emails. Is this to be expected?

I am going to assume that I am an official unlocked member based on the checkout procedure but was hoping for a confirmation from BB

netguy503

Am curious about this too. I did the price match at a store in Manhattan successfully last night. I then logged in to Best Buy account and tried pre-ordering a game that has the $10 coupon. The game showed up in my shopping cart with the gamer club unlocked discount price but since I am not ready to pull the trigger I did not complete the transaction. Assuming had i completed it would have made reference to the $10 coupon but I did not see anything about that nor have I received any welcome emails. Is this to be expected?

I am going to assume that I am an official unlocked member based on the checkout procedure but was hoping for a confirmation from BB

You don't get the $10 until you pick up the game, just pre-ordering doesn't count.

NickFire

Wow, I JUST got a new phone last week >.<

Oh well, $15 for a junk phone I won't use? Sure I'll add another 2 years to last week's deal

If you got it from Best Buy they will honor the promotion this week. At least they did for me last night when I brought the receipt. They just entered the sale from last week as a return and then re-rang it with the promotion applied.

well damn!! thank you gaf!! went to the bestbuy in my area that mostly retired people goto (its about 10 minutes further) and grabbed three of the lg440g tracphones. the gamer unlock cards were at customer service so I got rung up there. and told the guy to ring each card up with each phone and then price matched with radioshack.

the guy was shocked at what happenned then was like "im about to grab me tracphone and do this and then throw that thing in the river"

also donated 5 bucks to st. judes hospital.

this is the craziest deal. i got 6 years of gamer unlock club for just 15 bucks... mind blown

well damn!! thank you gaf!! went to the walmart in my area that mostly retired people goto (its about 10 minutes further) and grabbed three of the lg440g tracphones. the gamer unlock cards were at customer service so I got rung up there. and told the guy to ring each card up with each phone and then price matched with radioshack.

the guy was shocked at what happenned then was like "im about to grab me tracphone and do this and then throw that thing in the river"

also donated 5 bucks to st. judes hospital.

this is the craziest deal. i got 6 years of gamer unlock club for just 15 bucks... mind blown
I might have to go back and get 4 more years. Is there a link or a image showing that radio shack as a lower price?

I might have to go back and get 4 more years. Is there a link or a image showing that radio shack as a lower price?

I meant Bestbuy.... have no idea why I typed walmart btw,
and
i just googled LG440g radioshack on my phone, clicked the link then showed the cashier that.

pics btw

O36wWzY.jpg

SnJMVFf.jpg

<edit> didnt know tinypic was banned

now im wondering is it possible to return these tracphones at a diff bestbuy and keep the gcu stuff? I only ask cause the cashier was telling me about the return policy and said I could return the phones, not the gcu

now im wondering is it possible to return these tracphones at a diff bestbuy and keep the gcu stuff? I only ask cause the cashier was telling me about the return policy and said I could return the phones, not the gcu

I was going to return my phone if I went back there and get 3 of the tracfones, so even if it takes away gcu one time I will have 3 times left.

When people do multiple phones what order do you have the cashier scan? Is it your membership card, then all 3 phones, and then all 3 of the GCU?

I was going to return my phone if I went back there and get 3 of the tracfones, so even if it takes away gcu one time I will have 3 times left.

When people do multiple phones what order do you have the cashier scan? Is it your membership card, then all 3 phones, and then all 3 of the GCU?

rewardzone info gets put in first, then i verified info was correct. then each phone has to be scanned with each card separately. at least thats how he did it. then he price matched each one at the end.

BlindRage

Oh you can do more than one in a single transaction.. Shit.

When I get off I'll probably add 6 more years to be good through 2024 then.

Damn. It'll probably never be this cheap again.

Oh you can do more than one in a single transaction.. Shit.

When I get off I'll probably add 6 more years to be good through 2024 then.

Damn. It'll probably never be this cheap again.

thats if they got the phones in stock... i got the only 3 of the 440g they had, i'd have done more lol

Anastasis

Anyone have a good idea what to do with the phone? Can you donate it anywhere or should we just recycle it as someone mentioned?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Knowing my luck with Best Buy... This deal will probably be dead by the time stores open nearby in 2 hours.

E92 M3

I am tempted to go back and get another 2 years, but realistically I don't really need it that much.

In regards to e-mail: I got it the next day.

I am heading up when they open.

Walk to register, give them reward zone number, ask to price match LG from radio shack, ask to add GCU card?

$4.99 GCU?

correct?

inki

Wow so $5 for 2 years? its a steal. Heading down to lunch to buy 2. Thanks for the FYI OP (and others).

AM I reading this wrong,

Q: Once I am a member of Gamers Club Unlocked, is there a limit to how many new video games I can buy with my 20% discount?
A: Yes. Members are limited to three copies of a new (i.e. not pre-owned) gaming software title per platform, per year. Collector’s and Limited Editions count toward that title limit. Game of the Year editions, usually released much later including additional content do not count toward that limit but would essentially start as a separate game and limit.

Does this mean I can only get 3 games with 20% off per platform per yr, or 20% off of the same title 3 times.

In that case for say 3DS I can only get 3 new games with 20% off, that's dumb.

Flandy

AM I reading this wrong,

Q: Once I am a member of Gamers Club Unlocked, is there a limit to how many new video games I can buy with my 20% discount?
A: Yes. Members are limited to three copies of a new (i.e. not pre-owned) gaming software title per platform, per year. Collector’s and Limited Editions count toward that title limit. Game of the Year editions, usually released much later including additional content do not count toward that limit but would essentially start as a separate game and limit.

Does this mean I can only get 3 games with 20% off per platform per yr, or 20% off of the same title 3 times.

It's on 3 copies of the same game per platform not only 3 games per platform

AM I reading this wrong,

it better be same title, otherwise its a dumb deal with the original price

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
AM I reading this wrong,

A: Yes. Members are limited to three copies of a new (i.e. not pre-owned) gaming software title per platform, per year. Collector&#8217;s and Limited Editions count toward that title limit. Game of the Year editions, usually released much later including additional content do not count toward that limit but would essentially start as a separate game and limit.

I think it means the same exact game on the same platform. I guess it's so people don't go reselling it or buying it for all their friends.

AM I reading this wrong,

3 games (Halo MCC, Halo MCC, Halo MCC) is what this means.

Pejo

I went in last night to Best Buy, fully expecting the cheap phones to be out of stock, which they were. I did however find a 20 dollar phone, a samsung t199. After looking around online for a few minutes, I saw walmart had it for 12.42. Sure enough, they price mathced it for me, so i got my free GCU.

Just a heads up in case both of the phones listed in the OP are gone.

got to work early and decided to go into the best buy near my job and they had the lg440g in stock. lol, grabbed 2 more and got another 4 years because, what the hell, it's just 10 bucks. cashier was amazed by deal again and claimed he was going to try to do it when he gets off work lol

Speedwagon

got to work early and decided to go into the best buy near my job and they had the lg440g in stock. lol, grabbed 2 more and got another 4 years because, what the hell, it's just 10 bucks. cashier was amazed by deal again and claimed he was going to try to do it when he gets off work lol

Leave some for the rest of us! lol

--

If they have good video game deals on Black Friday, will the 20% off stack? Anyone with past experience?

Top Bottom