• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did OP get blue balled? Because that sounds like what happens when you show any date The Walking Dezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally I thought The Last of Us, but she doesn´t like zombies (she told me she gets scared by The Walking Dead), so that one is probably out, even though it´s probably the highest achievement we´ve seen in the art.

Lol.

Seriously though. I'd recommend something like ICO, Okami, or Journey. Something arty and not so masculine.

Jack Remington said:
She said she wants to see the puppy I have in one of my profile pics (I got a puppy like two months ago), so we´re going to come back to my apartment after the bar.
And you want to play videogame's with her? Op cherryboy? No offense, just trying to figure if you're this dense

Wait, so you have a date set up with plans to go back to your apartment and...you want to show her video games?

john-cena-omg-o.gif

My exact thoughts... I don't even...

MNC

Don't listen to these dudes, if something happens on the first date, cool, but don't be concerned over it. As for which games have the best romantic scenes I'm going to have to go with the pond scene in FFX. If you set it up right with the proper context, then just hit play and let it do it's thing. It's wonderous.
Actually, do this and report back

axb2013

Jack Remington: Troll of the Century.

I hope so because the alternative... This thread is an accident waiting to happen and I cannot look away. I'm not a hateful guy, the thought that people like the OP exist, that someone could have grown up, that a delicate flower was protected within a bubble and shielded from reality long enough to reach drinking age (they are meeting in a bar) fills me with joy.

If that bubble burst just now, if the blue pill expired and the red pill is about to take effect.. I want to see, I want to be there when it happens...

JediLink

OP, thank you for reminding me that no matter how incompetent I think I am with women, there's always someone out there that's way worse.

weekev

Banned
I hope so because the alternative... This thread is an accident waiting to happen and I cannot look away. I'm not a hateful guy, the thought that people like the OP exist, that someone could have grown up, that a delicate flower was protected within a bubble and shielded from reality long enough to reach drinking age (they are meeting in a bar) fills me with joy.

If that bubble burst just now, if the blue pill expired and the red pill is about to take effect.. I want to see, I want to be there when it happens...
To be honest, looking at the thread history Im going for him baiting everyone. Even if thats the case, this thread has been pure entertainment, thanks OP.

weekev

Banned
Good man. My litmus test for marriage was always going to be whether or not my girl can curl up next to me and watch me play through an MGS game and enjoy it as if it were a movie. Even better if she wants to play also. But, we're talking months, if not years in.

Something of interest to note for OP. I had a bizarre first date experience last night. It was this really cute girl I met on OKcupid. We were originally going to meet this coming Tuesday, but she decided that she wanted to come to my house with two friends last night. Wtf? So I got drunk and met with them and we hung out on my back porch. Her friends walked back to the car and me and this girl made out for a bit. We will proceed on Tuesday.
For a moment your night in my head cranked up to 11...

Majukun

She doesn't sound like kind of a gamer

At all

I suggest you show her your puppy and then think of something more interesting to do

SgtCobra

Show her your "game"
Do you catch my drift?

Do you?

Probably not. Playing games on your first date at your house, I don't know man, smh

None. Nothing in your description of her gaming habits suggests she'd really care. Stick with the puppies and see where it naturally goes from there, if she asks you what you get up to whilst chilling, then drop in the gaming subject.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I know this is a trollthreat but in all seriousness, booze and Singstar make for an excellent date. Never tried it on a first date, but for a third date it was epicness.

Also; I did a World of Warcraft dungeon with a date once; she brought her laptop over, she sat in my lap as we quested the living shit out of Dire Maul, occasionally twisting and griding her hips, looking overher shoulder with an meaningful smile :)

I know this is a trollthreat but in all seriousness, booze and Singstar make for an excellent date. Never tried it on a first date, but for a third date it was epicness.

Also; I did a World of Warcraft dungeon with a date once; she brought her laptop over, she sat in my lap as we quested the living shit out of Dire Maul, occasionally twisting and griding her hips, looking overher shoulder with an meaningful smile :)

Something about that just has me laughing at my desk!

This thread needs to have the White Man's Rule
I want everyone here to know: this is how I'm going to treat the mass amount of shitty GAF relationship threads from here on out. If there's not some sort of evidence or convincing story posted, you're not going to be hanging around for too long. Relationship threads have been a cancer on the OT forum and they need to be erased.

TheTwelve

First check to see if the girl is at least somewhat into videogames and then:

Journey
Journey
Journey
Journey
Journey
Journey
Journey

...I'm telling you.

newsguy

I take it back OP, maybe games aren't such a horrible idea. Here's a checklist of games I would recommend showing her (in this specific order).

-Start with the history of games and show her your Pole Position

-Next, show her how new games even throw back to those old games by showing her your Super Meat Boy

-If that goes well, mention that one year, GAF chose Snake Eater as their GOTY

-If this seems like something she's interested in, prep your copy of Half Minute Hero to show her the simplicity of games and quickly show her Splosion Man to demonstrate how difficult games can be. Explain that it's only a first date and Ms. Splosion Man will have to wait because you need a sandwich and a nap.

Applecot

Monster monpiece.

Assuming she is genuinely interested, maybe a party game? Something you can kind of bond over. (almost typed bone over...)

sappyday

Stream all of nintendo's e3 conferences from the past fifteen years. Show her what happened to the company that made the SNES she once played. She'll probably make a GAF account and make nintedoomed threads.

p3tran

Banned
op, what if I told you that she ain't really interested neither in your puppie, nor in how far has gaming gone?

prepare your music, put a couple of wines to cool, and forget video games for that night....

Came in to mention that this is the worst game to ever show a first date.

Not quite what the thread is about... but I still think it is worth warning people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom