• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

animax

Yeah man, put your gaming life aside for one night.

How would you feel if you went back to hers only for her to show you her shoe collection, and how shoes have evolved since the 90s?!

Ludist210

Something like Rock Band might be a good ice breaker, but you really need four (or more) people to get the most fun out of that.

My advice: don't. Keep a few games out (nothing overly violent) to see if they catch her eye, but don't boot up a game console unless she specifically asks you to. Otherwise, she might feel like you'd rather play a game than pay attention to her.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Apply for a Gamestop credit card and take it with you/show it off on future dates.

Whenever I hand my Food Emporium rewards card to the girl at the register I always accidentally give my Gamestop card instead and quickly go, "Ooh, my mistake. That's right, power to the gamers. I game."
(¬‿¬) Works everytime.

Stevey

She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

Just in case this thread isn't a joke (which it is).

Don't show her any games.

My GF plays all that shit on her phone, and played Sonic back when it came out, but if I showed her games the first time she came back to mine I wouldnt be with her now.

Robbit

Banned
Whenever I hand my Food Emporium rewards card to the girl at the register I always accidentally give my Gamestop card instead and quickly go, "Ooh, my mistake. That's right, power to the gamers. I game."
(¬‿¬) Works everytime.
I bet she practically begs you to meet her at the end of her shift every time that happens. Lucky guy!

Astral

This thread is obviously a joke. However, PT is the right answer. You'll get her heart rate to increase before you even get intimate and then BAM.

Braag

Wait, so you have a date set up with plans to go back to your apartment and...you want to show her video games?

john-cena-omg-o.gif

Exactly what I thought... what are you doing OP?

Pinewood

She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.
Dude, even my mom plays Candy Crush Saga.

Put on some music and enjoy her company, if you really need to play something, play board games(not digital versions though).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Dude, even my mom plays Candy Crush Saga.

Put on some music and enjoy her company, if you really need to play something, play board games(not digital versions though).

I would never play music for a first date. She doesn't even listen to music if she only listens to pop music

Grinchy

Banned
If she asks you if you want to play a game, make a weird face and tell her you think videogames are immature and that she should grow up if she wants to be in a real relationship with you.

Then turn on Extreme Home Makeover or Dancing with the Stars.

weekev

Banned
I am being lazy here and not reading through the last 10 pages of this epic thread. Did OP ever let us know if he was trolling or not.

Tokieda

I'd go with Mario Galaxy or Galaxy 2, if you have a Wii U maybe 3D world but I personally found Galaxy 1 and 2 to be much more of an achievement then 3D world.

While I agree, in this specific situation 3D World is the way to go... It has multiplayer and is much, much easier to control...

j0hnnix

Wait, so you have a date set up with plans to go back to your apartment and...you want to show her video games?

john-cena-omg-o.gif

Just to add to this...

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2523.gif

Even though its nice you want to show her how far games have come I think there is another time for that and you should be thinking about cooking for her or doing something nicer than just showing her a video game.. then again I don't know what conversations you have had... this might very well be a good decision.. still I like my WTF gif. :p

i like showing off my hentai games whenever possible. i would advise against the rape ones in the first date though. it might give her the wrong impression

OP if you don't show her Rapelay then forget about ever gaining her respect. Women can't resist a man who knows what he wants.

That was a horrible joke, I'm sorry. ;(

If your date actually wishes to play a game, then in my opinion the obvious choice would be something like Mario Kart 8 (with the racing wheels) easy to pick up, good fun and can get competitive in a playful way, can't go wrong.

I had a make out session emerge whilst playing Mario Kart 64.

This xD

But no, DO NOT SHOW HER YOUR GAMES DUDE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU JEZUS

unaware

Isn't this what's wrong with the world? Being unable to share your hobbies?
I can share my criterion movie collection but not by PlayStation collection?
To hell with them!

Show her your games, OP, expose your heart to her. If she steps on it then she wasn't worth it.

LoveCake

I think it depends, if a girl/woman has already mentioned games than it may be ok, in the case of the OP if you had a WiiU with Mario 3D or NSMB that would have been ok, would have been like taking her back & sharing something she did in the past, could be a good omen for the future together, it is one more thing you can share & have in common.

I think unless the woman you are dating is someone like Penny from BBT (into games or gaming/tech culture) then best to steer clear at the start.

Don't forget 50% of gamers are female according to latest stats.

Falk

that puzzling face
this thread is like a JRPG final boss that awakens every ____ number of years. (value in decimals)

dralla

Ah we never got an update. That's unfortunate. On a related note. Whenever a girl comes back to my place for the first time and they see all my games and systems, they usually get pretty excited and ask to play something. Mario Kart is the go-to

Laconic

Banned
You never bring up games, unless running.

Much less on a first date.

If you hook up, and she shows up wearing a Zelda bracelet repurposed into a choker, however, you're golden.

But you might want to try a few other date activities first.

Particularly in such a case.

If gaming MUST come up, then go with Journey or maybe Flower. Though if she's coming back to the crib, gaming should be the last thing on both of your minds.

Briarios

I've noticed a lot of girls really like Boom Blox ... Cute tiles, physical game, easy to pick up, but if they like it there is stuff to master.

Edit: I'd like to pint out this is in reference to people that are pretty casual gamers. If she's a non-gamer, no games. If she's a gamer, her favorite genre. I went out with a girl and she wanted to play Street Fighter & Tekken on our first date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom