• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the majority here is correct in saying to not bust out the games on date#1.

However, I have a few games I'll often play with dates, lady friends should the subject come up.

Many are good in that they don't require your total/extended attention, you can throw on a good record instead of listening to the game and/or you can play one handed... Makes drinking easier.

Quiz and Dragon - capcom ps2 collection. Hilariously dated trivia game wrapped up in ridiculous D&D theme. Super easy to play and a mix of some really solid trivia with super obscure and dated questions nobody has a chance of getting.

Boom blox - really casual, fun Jenga like gameplay

House of the dead: overkill - the cut scenes can be a bit obnoxious, but shooting zombies together with a Nyko gun in one hand and a beer in the other can be quite fun.

Nintendoland - if I want to show someone a quick game, the donkey kong crash course is super addictive, plus you can put on tunes, get more drinks etc while she plays. Also, you don't need to fire up the TV. Edit: Yoshi's Fruit Cart is also great, especially if they're a bit "artsy".

Cubello on the Wii is good too, and of course your Mario, Mario Karts, etc

If gaming MUST come up, then go with Journey or maybe Flower. Though if she's coming back to the crib, gaming should be the last thing on both of your minds.

I strongly disagree with this.

Nongamers like games that are similar to pool, airhockey, pacman. Something immediately exciting and understandable. They're not gonna want to hear your interpretation of 'this art form'.

So yeah, I might go with something very simple, but fun, and the more exciting, the better.

Nightbird

Why is that Thread back?

OP is banned, he will never deliver, so it's kind of pointless to continue to respond to his question.

Dunkley

Thanks whoever bumped this. This thread is just as good of a read the second time around.

Wait, so you have a date set up with plans to go back to your apartment and...you want to show her video games?

john-cena-omg-o.gif

And it's just because of replies to the OP like that one.

Skux

Yeah even if my date was as into gaming as I am, I wouldn't show her a game on the first date. Why not just talk about them and get to know the person first?

My partner knew I played video games on our first date.... Granted I didn't really play them around her for a while...
The trick is to get her in to video games as well. Nintendo WiiU and party games is a good start

afroguy10

So a girl has expressed an interest in going back to your place after a few drinks and you want to go in and fire up your game console...

Edit: Didn't even realise it was an old topic, wonder how that first date went?

pelican

Naive to think videogames is a good idea on a first date.

It is not something I would even consider doing, especially if it ends up back at your place.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
OP never did deliver. And last night my crush and I told each other our feelings. Going on a date next week.

What videogames will you show her ?
/s

Well done though

Kanye-West-Clapping.gif

Although this thread it still hilarious even now. I really want to know what happened with this guy. So stupid

Sai-kun

Banned
i played dota 2 while on a skype date with my girlfriend

pretty sure she almost broke up with me while i made her wait the half hour

i played dota 2 while on a skype date with my girlfriend

pretty sure she almost broke up with me while i made her wait the half hour

Not trying to be a smart ass, but what is a skype date? Is it just a skype call or do yoi go places or something? I must be getting old.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but what is a skype date? Is it just a skype call or do yoi go places or something? I must be getting old.

You both agree to go to the local frozen yogurt stand in your respective home countries, while Skype-ing

The difficulty lies in the time zone differences, countries lacking frozen yogurt and the mess you leave on your phone's screen after your goodbye kiss.

But that's generation Y for you.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
You both agree to go to the local frozen yogurt stand in your respective home countries, while Skype-ing

The difficulty lies in the time zone differences, countries lacking frozen yogurt and the mess you leave on your phone's screen after your goodbye kiss.

Sounds like a joke. I want to go on a Skype date to a movie.

Isn't this what's wrong with the world? Being unable to share your hobbies?
I can share my criterion movie collection but not by PlayStation collection?
To hell with them!

Show her your games, OP, expose your heart to her. If she steps on it then she wasn't worth it.
There's nothing wrong with the world. This isn't about games this is about going back to your place after a first date and doing this instead of focusing on the person you're on a date with. If a girl asks to go back to my place I don't spend the whole night showing off my criterion collection, I spend time with them.

Sai-kun

Banned

no worries, lol. my girl and i are long distance at the moment, so aside from talking on the phone and texting, we video chat on skype and do stuff. last night we had dinner, watched a bunch of episodes of the office, and drank together! :)

lmao

I like to use a first date with a girl to show the evolution of polygons and textures in Playstation games over the years. We start with Battle Arena Toshinden and end with the order 1886 in the wee hours of the morning

OCD Guy

Damn what a thread bump. How did you come across this thread to bump it randomly?

Either way thanks, as this thread is hilarious so far.

Also I don't know why but this bit of the op just made me laugh out loud:

While I have her there, it´s probably the perfect opportunity to show her how far gaming has come

Pendas

Banned
I've been using OKCupid a bit lately, and I just got a date with a really cute girl lined up. We've sent several messages back and forth and chatted over the phone once. She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

She's not a gamer. Every woman IN THE WORLD has played Candy Crush and Super Mario Bros. This is every woman's response to "Do you play games?"

Even if she was a gamer, don't play video games on your first date. Do something nice, it's a first date. Once you get past the first, you have plenty of time to play games together.

(FYI, my Fiance is a gamer, we play games together all the time. I still took her to a nice restaurant on our first few dates and didn't play games until we were already about a month or two in.)

Edit: Holy shit.. didn't realize this was a two year Necro...

So... how did it go?

iBlue

If a date was about to come over I would rather watch netflix but since I use my consoles for Netflix and if any of my digital titles grab her attention then why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom