• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection - Announcement Trailer

bwakh

Never played Bioshock, so I'm mildly interested. Though I've never heard good things about 2 or Infinite. Then again I heard praise for Infinite the first few weeks and then suddenly all I saw was hate.

If anything, it has a gripping story and a stupendous ending. Should definitely give it a shot.

SillyJoe

Interesting how I can get the two remastered games for £5.58.

Haven't played 2, so I'm interested in that. The odd design choices of the 'No Gods or Kings. Only Man.' statue and the lack of bubbles in the water in the first game is odd and definitely a step back.

This was a poor trailer imo. The pacing and sound was annoying.

Cool though

Regginator

Never played Bioshock, so I'm mildly interested. Though I've never heard good things about 2 or Infinite. Then again I heard praise for Infinite the first few weeks and then suddenly all I saw was hate.

2 is great, it's roughly equal to - and in some areas exceeds - the original.

As for Infinite, I have to say they kinda mucked the gameplay. Sporadic encountering enemies like the Rapture games felt much better than the countless waves of Infinite. Also, as beautiful Infinite looks, it doesn't come close to the claustrophobic atmosphere of Rapture.

Genio88

Love everything about this but the date. Was hoping for something a little earlier. Need some summer games and September is approaching some of the bigger titles/competition.

Same for me, i'd have loved it to be a July/August title, though it's mid September, the first new AAA game i'll play this year will likely be Final Fantasy XV which is scheduled for Spetember 30th, so i'lshould have enough time to replay Bioshock 1 before the fall releases hit.
Also i still have Inside to play, Mirror's Edge Catalyst to catch up and perhaps the new Deus Ex in August

Nestunt

Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are two of my favorite games ever. But, man, I don't even have time to play the new games I am curious about.

Happy for the people who are going to experience them for the first time.

Buying it for the Levine commentary. Hope they do it like Human Revolution DC did it's commentary.

Trailer doesn't really look like "remastered" though. BS1 and 2 look the same

Day 0 baby!
tumblr_myfz0pPhqI1scwli8o1_500.gif

Its a real shame that multiplayer isnt included for Bioshock 2 as i always thought that was severely underrated but otherwise im sure it will be a great collection that i might pick up down the line.

muzzymate

So $60? Really?

Not buying then. I already have the games for X360, they should have added them on BC instead.

Already announced as "Coming Soon"*

*Since 9 November 2015

Edit: Even if the 360 versions do come to backwards compatibility, I'll still be in for this day 1. One of my favorite game series from last generation.

-SG

As soon as I can pre-order this, I will. And damn, that box art is going to look good in my collection.

Type40

Not having the Multiplayer from 2 is kind of a big blow. I got really good at it and easily put 50 hours into it on 360.

"The PC version will include all three games, but only the first two will be remastered. BioShock Infinite already works well on high-end machines. If you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva's Den, you'll get the upgraded versions free."

Just got Bioshock for €2.70 on the steam sale.

If you don't own any of them yet, PC gamers can get all 3 for a tenner, then wait for free upgrades in September (for the two good games, fuck Infinite).

Can't bloody wait to get those eves into my veins!!!!

Seriously though so excited to replay through bioshock 1!!! The others ill play through again i guess as well

ghostjoke

Banned
I can't argue with free, especially with commentary included.

Just to put this out there as it often falls under the radar: make sure you play Minerva’s Den. It's amazing.

Played and completed all three last gen, and had a blast. The first Bioshock was truly an experience.

Depending on price and remastering effort, wouldn't mind revisiting them again.

Neff

I've only ever played the first one and I enjoyed it a lot despite never finishing it, so I'm in.

Kill3r7

I own all 3 CEs so this will go nicely next to them. I wonder if they will still move forward with X1 backwards compatibility.

Wollan

Great games (especially the first) with lots of gameplay meat and interesting stories if you haven't played them yet.

kris.

Banned
wow, pretty generous to just upgrade pc owners for free. fucking tight. can't wait to run through 1 and 2 again.

Boke1879

I remember when Take Two said it had announced its entire fiscal year lineup lol. I wonder what other announcements are in store.

RyudBoy

Seems like a good collection. I still remember playing the BS1 demo on 360. That's the first time a demo made me purchase the full game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
will the games also be remastered on PC?

i tried playing the first game and was enjoying it but ran into a game breaking bug that wouldn't let me progress the game. maybe i'll be able to play through it now!

Awesome, I love the BioShock series and will love to replay them again (though I never finished the original one, I was close). My wallet is crying right now, all these games, and so little time.

Top Bottom