• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blaster Master Zero - Switch (debut trailer)

GV dlc nice
0f86e694d1.jpg

MegaLeon

Neo Member
The graphics look... somehow off to me. The close-up on foot areas seems to have lots of details, yet the section on wheels go more towards a barren-NES-aesthetics-without-NES-restriction look. Feels very messy.

EDarkness

I'm there day one. Loved me some Blaster Master back in the day and I totally dig the look of this game. Can't wait to play it.

aett

The graphics look... somehow off to me. The close-up on foot areas seems to have lots of details, yet the section on wheels go more towards a barren-NES-aesthetics-without-NES-restriction look. Feels very messy.

It does look like two separate games. The sidescrolling parts are like 8-bit Plus while the overhead parts are much closer to 16-bit. They both look really nice in their own ways, though.

Enk

makes good threads.
Wow! That looks great! Looks much more like a true successor to Blaster Master than Overdrive did (which I enjoyed but it was lacking a certain type of charm).

Leynos

Ooh, I will definitely pick this up for the 3DS. I don't hear the iconic music; did they not get the rights?

How was the Wiiware Blaster Master?

jonno394

God damn Nintendo and everyone, stop releasing so many games. I feel compelled to support loads of these indies from day 1 to try and ensure their success!

Hoping for about £7.99

Damaniel

Banned
I knew it was coming, but I didn't realize they were going for the old 8-bit Blaster Master style (which looks great). That was one of my favorite games back in the day (I had a soft spot for Sunsoft in general, to the point where I even kind of liked Fester's Quest), so I'm definitely in on day one.

Looks great. Just enough visual improvements while also retaining the original's look and feel. If I was getting a Switch I'd be all over this. Blaster Master is one of my favorite NES games of all time and it's nice to see it getting a respectful re-imagining.

Top Bottom