• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blaster Master Zero - Switch (debut trailer)

suikodan

Wow! Coming out so soon! I wanted to hold off from digital purchases for the Switch but I guess this one will make an exception.

Akainu

I could never finish blaster master. Looks nice though. That girl's design sucks so bad. Cat knee pads really?

Kevin

I grew yup with the NES and Blaster Master was one of if not my personal favorite game for that system. I feel just as excited for this game as some of the bigger Switch games announced. I love the fact that they kept the look and feel of the original while also giving it a bit of a more modern/updated look.

I will be getting this as soon as it is released. I am also hearing it has co-op? I wonder if that is online co-op. Anyone know?

bearbytes

Nice, I love Blaster Master. One of my favorite NES games.

It sounds like this is more or less an expanded remake of the original game though, which is a bit of a bummer. I was hoping for an all new game when I started watching the trailer. Still pretty cool.

Kevin

Glad to see this series getting some love. Both by some game developers and by the community. So many of my friends never played the original game or care for the short lived franchise. I felt all alone... lol

The fact that this is based on the original Blaster Master give me pause. I've tried to play this numerous times over the the last three decades, but it's just too difficult and frustrating for me. It's not "fun" difficulty, it's "fuck you" difficulty. Of course, maybe they took the opportunity to tone it down.

next week? what the fuck.

$10 bucks? WHAT THE FUCK.

image.php

bearbytes

The fact that this is based on the original Blaster Master give me pause. I've tried to play this numerous times over the the last three decades, but it's just too difficult and frustrating for me. It's not "fun" difficulty, it's "fuck you" difficulty. Of course, maybe they took the opportunity to tone it down.

I've beat it a few times and never thought it was too bad, at least not until the final section with all the ceiling driving. (Not as a kid though, I had trouble figuring out where I was supposed to go back then)

There are a lot of doors (top-down sections) that are completely unnecessary and aren't worth the danger. It's best to look at a guide and just go into the doors that have bosses, and maybe a few others that have low-risk power ups.

steveovig

I was considering Fast Racing RMX for my one launch eshop game but this looks way more up my alley. This might end up being the first Blaster Master that I beat.

Going to to get the 3DS version assuming it supports the 3D of the system (don't see why it wouldn't). I just LOVE the look of 2D games with the layers popping out at you.

If not then I'll go with the Switch.

Nosgotham

this looks soooo much better than the remake on wiiware.

i loved this game as a kid. even had the book. lol. day 1!!

Instro

Definitely the best I saw from the Nindies conference. I wish that had a couple more great exclusives like this.

Looks like a lost GBA sequel with a widescreen aspect ratio. Also looks like the first really all-around solid followup to the original...kinda like what Super Metroid felt like coming from the first (I played Metroid II after SM).

Going to to get the 3DS version assuming it supports the 3D of the system (don't see why it wouldn't). I just LOVE the look of 2D games with the layers popping out at you.

Switch version allows player 2 to shoot like its a lightgun game with a pointer you can move around if you have a buddy to play with.

wondermega

I'm mostly sure 3DS version won't be full 3D (maybe just some menus and UI stuff) which is extremely disappointing and lame, when they first announced the game they made sure not to mention it - and Inti Creates other 3DS game (volt or whatever) only does it that way sadly. I'll be holding out hope and likely buy it anyway as well but sigh.. they can't all be M2

KodaRuss

I played so much of this game on NES. Don't believe I ever beat it but I will get this for sure whenever I get a Switch

Top Bottom