• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne sold through more than 1 million units worldwide as of April 5

I did not say this.
Half of the souls series is located on PS4.
I also don't see the point to writing off a sizable chunk of said PC souls fanbase, as well as the Xbox fanbase, on which half the series is available.

Souls largest fanbase is no doubt Playstation since the series started on there. Also whats not to say many of those X360/PC players bought a PS4 for BB.

Somnia

I hope more Japanese games get this success. Here's to hoping Dark Souls 3 or From's next game and Platinum games like Scalebound do amazing. Really hoping for a turn around sales wise for that market.

5 million life time sales by 2016 Is possible. Bundles for holiday and dlc marketing.

My only hope in a sequel is 60fps. Seems like a perfect fit.

Stanng243

Yeah 1 million copies sold is niche as fuck, just like those other obscure japanese RPG and dating sims. Bloodborne did extremely well considering it's an exclusive PS4 game and a new IP, damn i can't believe this game sold so well considering it's so niche :)

Also guys Neil Druckmann beat Bloodborne which i find pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/584282733532188672

So is this Naughty Dog trying to recruit Miyazaki?

joecanada

Weren't some people in the Pal charts threads claiming it bombed because it didn't get pass BF:H?

came in here to find the guy in npd prediction thread who said it wouldn't top 300 k and would never ever sell 1 million lifetime.. LOL

cslesce

well deserved, bravo

gimme DLC :)

qoeqv.gif

kitzkozan

I hope more Japanese games get this success. Here's to hoping Dark Souls 3 or From's next game and Platinum games like Scalebound do amazing. Really hoping for a turn around sales wise for that market.

Platinum games are too niche to sell well to the mainstream market, especially from an aesthetic standpoint. The From Software offerings are rather neutral since you could consider the Souls games as generic medieval fantasy, while Platinum Games scream japanese made.

Struct09

It's the best in the "series", well deserved. Hope they can iron-out some of the technical issues, I'm holding off on NG+ until they do.

ethomaz

Banned
Co Engine and Asset development with SCEJ
+
On track to be best selling FS title of all time
=
DS3 one platform
?
I don't believe that but if happens then another crying dram will come to GAF with petitions lol.

PS. I can see a PS4/PC release only.

Kasumin

Glad to see a game like this do well. Personally, it's not the kind of game I'd play, but I have a lot of respect for Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 2, and Bloodborne. They're all games that build a unique world to the extent I haven't really seen in other games. What my friend's been telling me about his Bloodborne adventures has certainly impressed me.

It's been fascinating to see the fall of Japanese legends like Konami in the console market, all the while From Software's popularity explodes into the heavens.

Great on Miyazaki & Co... and fantastic move by Shu at Sony to make this project happen. It could have easily just been a 'Demon's Souls 2', but allowing Miyazaki to really go nuts with his creativity with a new IP shows a lot of trust & respect, I think.

Instead of a BB2 (although I'd be really excited), I'd love to see Miyazaki work on another new IP next.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So is this Naughty Dog trying to recruit Miyazaki?

Neil is gonna remove all difficulties options in Uncharted 4 and everytime you die you loose your guns, you have to do a corpse run to recover them.

PlayStation is the Souls base.

We wouldn't have the souls series at all without Sony funding Demon's Souls on PS3, too bad they lost faith in the game and didn't want to release it in the West, Demon's souls almost became a japanese exclusive until Atlus came along.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Well deserved! So much for being a niche title.

Edit: I can see them announcing Demon's Souls 2 before going with a sequel to Bloodborne.

AdanVC

So much desserved. Congratulations to FROM! So happy that there's tons and tons of people supporting games with majestic gameplay such as Bloodborne.

Top Bottom