• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO 08•05-07•16 - Harley & squad Puddin on the ritz, Nine Lives DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

z7TPJPx.png

giphy.gif

Tuesday bumps are universally up this year. I can't think of many major films that decreased on Tuesday this year other than those that had a Holiday Monday. A few years back, Tuesdays were almost always smaller than Mondays.

Independence day went up 33%.

Schlorgan

Tuesday bumps are universally up this year. I can't think of many major films that decreased on Tuesday this year other than those that had a Holiday Monday. A few years back, Tuesdays were almost always smaller than Mondays.

Independence day went up 33%.
I think a lot of theaters doing discount showings on Tuesdays might have something to do with it.

kswiston

The updated worldwide total for Suicide Squad as of yesterday was $326M. As of today it should be over Tarzan's WW gross to become WB's second biggest film of the year.

I think that a final gross in the Thor 2 or Man of Steel range worldwide is probable. With overseas matching the domestic take pretty closely, I don't think Suicide Squad has a very strong shot at $700M. China was needed for that.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I just saw Star Trek Beyond (Wednesday $6 at Guzzo). Though I enjoyed the film more than Into the Darkness, I felt it was an okay film overall.

The first 30 mins were strong, but then it kinda flat-lined, duno. This year's summer releases haven't been that great honestly. Disappointing.

Could you imagine if they had babies? They'd be really really ridiculously good looking

Not that Hemsworth's wife isn't already a hotty.
Margot Robbie is gorgeous, but Elsa Pataky is in another league. Those Hemsworth children are going to look like gods.

Could you imagine if they had babies? They'd be really really ridiculously good looking

Not that Hemsworth's wife isn't already a hotty.

All I know is that baby will turn up on Neighbours. I'm just assuming Hemsworth was on Neighbours. He's Australian and acts, I think it's a law over there.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Ok, but if you're wrong, no one will be able to trust your word again. Ever. FOR ALL TIME.

I said it's do BvS money or my tag was forfeit.

I shouldn't stand by that but for some reason I feel caving in and admitting defeat isn't something DC is doing, so God damnit I'm sticking to it.

gamz

Gitesh Pandya ‏@GiteshPandya 13h13 hours ago
Global update - #SuicideSquad now up to $326M ww thru TUE incl $165M from intl mkts. Will break $400M FRI & get near $500M by SUN.

kswiston

Gitesh Pandya ‏@GiteshPandya 13h13 hours ago
Global update - #SuicideSquad now up to $326M ww thru TUE incl $165M from intl mkts. Will break $400M FRI & get near $500M by SUN.

Gitesh is being way too optimistic I think. If Friday passes $400M (not a complete lock) it will not be by much. Suicide Squad made a bit more than $130M worldwide last Sat+Sun, so those two days are not getting anywhere close to $100M this weekend.

gamz

Gitesh is being way too optimistic I think. If Friday passes $400M (not a complete lock) it will not be by much. Suicide Squad made a bit more than $130M worldwide last Sat+Sun, so those two days are not getting anywhere close to $100M this weekend.

He did say get near $500M. He left himself a little wriggle room. lol

kswiston

More than Civil War! Civil War bomba confirmed!

I do wonder how many people in the other threads are paying attention to your breakdown about summer weekdays vs other months.

The other threads syphon off a lot of the Marvel vs DC fan stuff, so I'd guess that there are a number of people on both sides with their fingers in their ears. However, the odd person who is there to be informed may get something out of it.

It's sort of the same reason I continue to explain that Gross /= Studio income even though I have done it dozens of times by this point.

milanbaros

Member?
Tuesdays have been amazing in the last year or so. Can see this dud of a film falling to sub $10m for Wed. This has bad legs written all over it.

kswiston

The official Wednesday number for Suicide Squad is $9.8M giving the film a $171M total after 6 days.

It looks like most films had a pretty good Wednesday hold. Bad Moms is down 26% from last Wednesday. Get ready for it to make more than Independence Day Resurgence domestically.

Decado

Uncommonly solid movie weekend coming up:
RpIRmZjl.png

Hell or High Water in particular getting some outstanding reviews.
I want to see that and Blood Father the most but neither have showings in my city. Wtf, distributors. They hardly seem like niche titles.

kswiston

Early estimate for Suicide Squad on Thursday is $8.3M. Yesterday's early estimate was 100k off, but that should be fairly close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom