• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO 08•05-07•16 - Harley & squad Puddin on the ritz, Nine Lives DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

What's the point of Old Man Logan though without Venom-Rex or hillbilly hulks

I thought they dropped saying it was an Old Man Logan adaption?

So did Finding Dory underperform internationally or does it have some markets left to release in?

Lithuania 19 August 2016
Denmark 25 August 2016
Finland 26 August 2016
Norway 26 August 2016
Sweden 26 August 2016
Greece 1 September 2016
Turkey 2 September 2016
Italy 15 September 2016
Austria 29 September 2016
Germany 29 September 2016

all these comic movies have been very loose adaptations anyways. they'll just take the idea of an old ass wolverine and run with their own thing. that's fine.

Anth0ny

2017 (and every other year after) is too packed with blockbusters and wannabe blockbusters.

I would say move it to BvS' slot, but even March is packed next year:

• The Shack (LG/S) - 3/3
• Untitled Wolverine (Fox) - 3/3
• Wilson (Fox) - 3/3
• Kong: Skull Island (WB) - 3/10
• Baby Driver (Sony) - 3/17
• Beauty and the Beast (2017) (BV) - 3/17
• Untitled Blumhouse Tilt Horror (HTR) - 3/17
• King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (WB) - 3/24
• Life (2017) (Sony) - 3/24
• Power Rangers (2017) (LGF) - 3/24
• The Boss Baby (Fox) - 3/31
• Ghost in the Shell (2017) (Par.) - 3/31
• The Zookeeper's Wife (Focus) - 3/31

Studios are going to have to break the September taboo sooner or later.

wow

I think wolverine and kong will come out ok. beauty and the beast will kick ass.

power rangers is the wildcard. 90s nostalgia is in right now... but power rangers just looks like low budget crap. 90s kids will pick up on that shit and if I had to put money on it, I'd say power rangers disappoints, especially if the critical reception is poor.

BLACKLAC

power rangers is the wildcard. 90s nostalgia is in right now... but power rangers just looks like low budget crap. 90s kids will pick up on that shit and if I had to put money on it, I'd say power rangers disappoints, especially if the critical reception is poor.

Is there a trailer?

So did Finding Dory underperform internationally or does it have some markets left to release in?
It looks like it will have a very difficult time matching the gross of the first one internationally, which is very surprising considering how well it has done domestically.

I'm honestly pretty vexed by its performance overseas, and I don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't view it as disappointing.

guek

Banned
wow

I think wolverine and kong will come out ok. beauty and the beast will kick ass.

The only reason I have any interest in Beauty and the Beast is because I just watched The Guest and Dan Stevens is playing Beast.

It looks like it will have a very difficult time matching the gross of the first one internationally, which is very surprising considering how well it has done domestically.

I'm honestly pretty vexed by its performance overseas, and I don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't view it as disappointing.

Everyone thought 1Bil was a lock but that's not gonna happen. Heck, a lot of people thought it had a good chance of being Civil War. It looks like Cap will hold the domestic crown for 2016 at least until Rogue One.

Schlorgan

I'm only interested in Wolverine because they said it would be R, but even then if it's just some bad looking CG blood then I'm out! I want squibs!

Ross61

Was there alot of hype around The Lego Movie before its release? Or was it critical acclaim and good word of mouth that helped it do so well?

Decado

super-high chance it will be the best action/comedy movie of the year honestly but going up against a behemoth like Beauty and the Beast sadly makes me think under 100.
Totally different audiences. Will be disappointed if bd isn't r-rated. Marketing needs to be good for it to do well. 100m is a lot for this type of film.

kswiston

Everyone thought 1Bil was a lock but that's not gonna happen. Heck, a lot of people thought it had a good chance of being Civil War. It looks like Cap will hold the domestic crown for 2016 at least until Rogue One.

$1B isn't dead for Dory, but it will likely crawl over that amount. I don't think that anyone was expecting Zootopia to have a shot at topping Dory for the year though.

Anth0ny

Is there a trailer?

no but

YfThqNO.jpg

Penguin

Probably posted or already known

That was the studio's last public mention of a sequel. As of Aug. 7, Ghostbusters had earned just under $180 million at the global box office, including $117 million domestic. The film still hasn't opened in a few markets, including France, Japan and Mexico, but box-office experts say it will have trouble getting to $225 million despite a hefty net production budget of $144 million plus a big marketing spend. The studio has said break-even would be $300 million.

Feig hasn't said whether he'll return. Stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon are said to be signed for two potential sequels, and initially they said they were game. But now? "Ghostbusters is on ice until further notice," says box-office analyst Jeff Bock. "I just can't fathom the creative talents behind it — Feig, McCarthy, Wiig, etc. — slogging out another one when the reception to the first one was so mediocre."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515?facebook_20160810

kswiston

Ya, I dont see any reason why Sony should proceed with a Ghostbusters sequel. You are probably more likely to get a sequel to Tarzan at this point.

Ya, I dont see any reason why Sony should proceed with a Ghostbusters sequel. You are probably more likely to get a sequel to Tarzan at this point.
They had so many plans for this:
Sony Pictures is expanding its Ghostbusters movies not just to the franchise level, but to the cinematic universe level.

The studio has put together Ghost Corps, a collective headed by original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman and star Dan Aykroyd, that will oversee the expansion of the movie franchise not just into a cinematic universe, but also move Ghostbusters into television and merchandising.

The first order of business will be to develop a new male-oriented Ghostbusters that will be released after the much ballyhooed female-centric movie being put together by Paul Feig. The movie, which is to star Kirsten Wiig and Melissa McCarthy, shoots this summer and will be released July 22, 2016.

Joe and Anthony Russo, the duo behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier and who signed a first-look deal with Sony last week, are being tapped to produce and direct the new movie.

Drew Pearce, who penned Iron Man 3, will write the script, while Channing Tatum, another Sony favorite after the 22 Jump Street movies, also will produce with his partners Reid Carolin and Peter Kiernan. If all goes as planned, Tatum would also star in the movie.
Now I'm curious. What would have happened if Russo's film had released first?

There goes another cinematic universe.
Film industry is having the same problem than the videogame industry a few years ago. After CoD everybody and their mom wanted their brownish-militaristic-first person shooter with online focus, after Marvel movie studios are doing everything to get a Cinematic Universe instead of focusing on new ideas.

kswiston

Film industry is having the same problem than the videogame industry a few years ago. After CoD everybody and their mom wanted their brownish-militaristic-first person shooter with online focus, after Marvel movie studios are doing everything to get a Cinematic Universe instead of focusing on new ideas.

I can see how the stability that Marvel enjoys is attractive. However, I dont see it working outside of DC (if DC can fix the current DCEU issues) and Star Wars.

gamz

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice

SUICIDE SQUAD is sticking together--$14.2M on its first Tuesday--a larger number than even CAPTAIN AMERICA: CW which rolled out $13.7M.

BumRush

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice

SUICIDE SQUAD is sticking together--$14.2M on its first Tuesday--a larger number than even CAPTAIN AMERICA: CW which rolled out $13.7M.

Summer Tuesday have any impact or is it really doing well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom