• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

ObiDin

Thats cool but how is that related to the expansion?

They needed something to cause people to play since the expansion was of no interest - story is meaningless since its set prior to BL2 (who cares about the motivations of such uninteresting joke characters like jack) and they added...cryo and stomps. stomps would be fun if they didnt come with enemies constantly jumping around and being annoying to hit (same with rolling)

Never said it was? I was responding to you saying that the TPS was not fun to solo.

jack...the whole character and the script is just childish and unbelievable, I never understood reviews praising the writing. it was an embarrassment, I'd take the writing of BL1 over 2 - and 1 had almost no writing.

Umm, I think the Borderlands series may not be for you.

Here, some Golden Keys for you!

Wow, thanks for the link. So how many of those actually still work for the PS4/X1 editions? They mostly show expired except for the ones released to along with the Handsome Collection at the bottom of the page.

I've never used these before in previous playthroughs. Do they unlock guns, shields, grenade mods, etc? Or are they more cosmetic items?

Never said it was? I was responding to you saying that the TPS was not fun to solo.

Umm, I think the Borderlands series may not be for you.

It so close to an amazing game

I thought BL1 had a good atmosphere script wise

I dont get all the praise for BL2 script and comedy. I mean as a game, its a huge upgrade of BL1 but script wise its really a step backwards. All in all I play games for gamplay so I think its a better game but I play despite the script not because of it.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Just bought the collection on PS4 and already regretting it. I'm playing TPS single player and the framerate is all over the place. If you're going to market your game as 60fps, it damn well better be 60fps. It's no fun being lied to. I recommend people on the fence wait for a patch that may or may never come.

Just bought the collection on PS4 and already regretting it. I'm playing TPS single player and the framerate is all over the place. If you're going to market your game as 60fps, it damn well better be 60fps. It's no fun being lied to. I recommend people on the fence wait for a patch that may or may never come.

How far did you get?

I dont recall framerate being a big issue apart from cutscenes?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
How far did you get?

I dont recall framerate being a big issue apart from cutscenes?
Are you kidding? I made it to the first boss. It starts stuttering a little even in enclosed areas during some fights, and the open area outside the first boss stays well under 60fps most of the time.

Derpyduck

Banned
Wow, thanks for the link. So how many of those actually still work for the PS4/X1 editions? They mostly show expired except for the ones released to along with the Handsome Collection at the bottom of the page.

I've never used these before in previous playthroughs. Do they unlock guns, shields, grenade mods, etc? Or are they more cosmetic items?

All the codes listed in black still work. I entered them all yesterday and ended up with 90 keys total.

Maybe this was explained somewhere and I missed it but I thought I saw on the Gearbox blog that when you transfer characters you get 50 golden keys? Maybe I'm wrong. But I definitly didn't get any.

hydruxo

Maybe this was explained somewhere and I missed it but I thought I saw on the Gearbox blog that when you transfer characters you get 50 golden keys? Maybe I'm wrong. But I definitly didn't get any.

They're delayed I believe. They gave out a code for 25 golden keys for both BL2 & TPS in the mean time though.

Link

We're still working on getting Borderlands: The Handsome Collection's loyalty rewards online. In the meantime, use these SHiFT codes to unlock 25 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel to help you get started! These codes will expire on March 31, 2015 -- so use them before then!

BL2:
PS3/PS4/Vita: KTKTT-ZSFWS-R3CHC-9BW33-3JW3H
Xbox 360 / Xbox One: CJC33-KHBCW-FHF6Z-C6JTB-F9395
PC / Mac: WBK3T-BKW6T-TXTRK-JTTBT-C6BS5

BL:TPS
PS3/PS4: 555JT-6TTX5-SFBKT-HTW33-T3F3T
Xbox 360/Xbox One: 555JT-6TTT9-KCFJX-CXT33-T3FBC
PC/Mac/Linux: KKWBJ-6B5FJ-3JJBT-JBBJB-WWH6X

We will update this thread when loyalty rewards are ready to roll out!

The menu or whatever you call the thing you pull up by hitting the Xbone's select button is annoyingly sluggish for me in Borderlands 2. Thankfully though everything else has been very smooth, definitely better than Xbone's TPS.

Anyone else notice the sluggish in-game menus?

Nokterian

Looks like i am playing tomorrow instead the download speed on PS4 is unbelievable slow :/ it's ridiculous for 8 gig file more then 6 hours? Sony pls...

So, did the Handsome Collection patch just come out today? If so, so much for playing TPS for review tonight. It'll take most of a day to download that patch.

Seem to be having some slow down and screen tearing while playing split screen BL2 on Xbox one. Have we figured out how this versions stacks up against the PC one yet? As in the physics, textures, and all that? Can't seem to find an article or video talking about it yet.

Carl

Loaded my level 50 Siren with purple guns. Popped all location based trophies but not level based ones. That, alone with it being incredibly boring to be dealing thousands of points of damage against enemies that can't put a dent in me, made me realise that i may as well start a new character.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Screen tearing is fucking with my fun with this game. Have to identical set ups right next to each other, same TV, same hdmi cables, same settings on tvs, same game, both Xbox one, even external hdd is the same on both.

On the start screen my screen is tearing horrible, my brothers set up right next to it isn't nearly as bad. Only difference I can see is that I'm playing handsome jack and he is fragtrap.

Loaded my level 50 Siren with purple guns. Popped all location based trophies but not level based ones. That, alone with it being incredibly boring to be dealing thousands of points of damage against enemies that can't put a dent in me, made me realise that i may as well start a new character.

I decided it would only be worth the purchase if I started a new character I had never played before. Haven't looked back since. Just as great as I remember it.

Carl

I decided it would only be worth the purchase if I started a new character I had never played before. Haven't looked back since. Just as great as I remember it.

Yeah i played for about 5 minutes before realising it was boring. Hope I don't spend 200 hours in it again like i did on my other character though... Heh

GravyButt

This !?

rcl66

Trying again to see if anyone has this on PS4 and the DLC is showing up for B2? I have made it to sanctuary now and the DLC menu still says nothing available. I pre-loaded and it loaded the game and update before I first played the game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Ugh. :(

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The thing I am hating so far about Pre-sequel is that a lot of the sidequests require specific items that I don't have.

hydruxo

The refinery area in the Captain Scarlett DLC has some really bad framerate issues / screen tearing. Not sure what the problem is there. That's really the only place I've had any problems with it on the PS4 version so far.

One thing this game isn't getting enough praise for is its sound. The spacial awareness is crazy good. I can hear things falling and breaking behind me and it sounds like its coming from behind my couch. Its probably the best I've heard this generation.

Should TPS be played before Borderlands 2? I've played and completed BL1-2, but not TPS. I will be playing coop with a friend who is brand new to the series. Should we start with TPS (narrative wise and game mechanic-wise)?

I'm not too concerned about playing through the story in chronological order since the story isn't a huge focus in Borderlands anyway IMO. But I would prefer to leave the better game for my friend to experience last.

Should TPS be played before Borderlands 2? I've played and completed BL1-2, but not TPS. I will be playing coop with a friend who is brand new to the series. Should we start with TPS (narrative wise and game mechanic-wise)?

I'm not too concerned about playing through the story in chronological order since the story isn't a huge focus in Borderlands anyway IMO. But I would prefer to leave the better game for my friend to experience last.

If he hasn't played it then he should start with BL2 so that he isn't spoiled. TPS apparently has spoilers for BL2 in it.

MrMephistoX

I have both consoles but my Xbone is in the living room and on the better tv: is it honestly a shit show or should I just get it on Ps4?

hydruxo

I have both consoles but my Xbone is in the living room and on the better tv: is it honestly a shit show or should I just get it on Ps4?

Apparently a patch is coming for both consoles, but they haven't said when exactly. As of right now the PS4 version seems to be better but hopefully the patch will even things out for both.

Lima

Any info on them releasing pre sequel stand alone, at least digitally, for like 39,99? I mean that shouldn't be a hard thing to do.

I hate how much of the dialog occurs during combat. I can't hear most of it because the game is designed to trigger certain speech in and around combat situations. I hope Borderlands 3 learns from that mistake.

dubq

My Bad Ass Rank/Points didn't transfer in BL2 Cross Save.. anyone else?

EDIT: I'm also missing a shit load of heads and skins for my Zero build, and I don't see any of the DLC skins/heads either. Is this broken or do I need to do the transfer again?

BigDug13

Kinda sucks that golden keys don't transfer. I burned up nearly all those codes on the PS3 and Vita versions. This new 25 keys will have to do.

On the plus side, exporting my Vita characters to PS4 works great.

I just realized that with the 60fps patch on remote play that I will probably never need to play Vita BL2 again. I'll just fire up a remote play version instead of a 20fps version.

I think I should be getting this today. First time playing BL. Will start with BL2. Anything I should know, or is the setting and story explained when I start? Any last minute tips for starting?

Top Bottom