• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

Like others have said, there will never been a straightforward way for this to happen for this or any other game. The only way to do this is to get a converter to move the save to a PS3 format, then use your PSN account on a PS3 version of this game, and and import it there.

well it happened with gta

Even though I lost all my progress, I am very pleased I went with the PS4 version. I would have kept my progress going with the Xbox One but the PS4 version is just buttery smooth. Besides, I despise screen tearing.

Also, that 25 golden keys code is just freaking sweet.

jaxpunk

I have a $1000 PC that runs pratically any UE3 game like it was OG pacman.

The max physX effects in BL2 are so demanding that they can cut my framerate nearly in half at times.

This isn't a failure on the consoles end, max physx on almost any PC game is damn taxing on a single GPU system. It's an enthusiast feature for folks who have SLI setups or really expensive video cards. So don't expect max physx on any console anytime soon because it aint happening.

There's no way you spent that $1000 recently.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Even though I lost all my progress, I am very pleased I went with the PS4 version. I would have kept my progress going with the Xbox One but the PS4 version is just buttery smooth. Besides, I despise screen tearing.

Also, that 25 golden keys code is just freaking sweet.
Are you playing BL2? I keep hearing how TPS isn't smooth.

legbone

Like others have said, there will never been a straightforward way for this to happen for this or any other game. The only way to do this is to get a converter to move the save to a PS3 format, then use your PSN account on a PS3 version of this game, and and import it there.

Diablo III did it. Not to be a dick, but just sayin.

hydruxo

If anybody wants to do some co-op on PS4 later tonight, feel free to send me a friend request. I'm running level 14 Mechromancer at the moment.

PSN - hydruxxo

Kadin

Just had a little dialog with Jeffybug (CM of gearbox) and he thinks (not 100% certain yet) that once they fix the character transfer issues (no BAR or customs), we'll have to re-upload the saves to the cloud again and then download once again.

This kinda sucks for people like me who have since sold their previous gen games but I guess that's on me. Just wanted to share to keep others in the know.

It's funny how when you start a new game and select clap trap, those game dialog boxes, had me chuckling.

Man, I see you really need money in this game. Everytime i go to the vending machines, there's either a blue or purple gear in one of the vending machines.

I be hurting for cash right now, that was NEVER a issue in borderlands two as getting loot from the vending machines was quite rare.

Now, they are so damn common, I love it!

I just hate when I see like a purple shotgun, and then a blue oz kit, and a purple shield, all at once, and my cash be like, in the single digits.
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-25%20at%204.40.54%20PM.png

had six purple weapons spawn in the weapon vending machine back to back, wasn't able to buy the first five though.

This game feels as generous as the first borderlands with all the great loot frequently. But in borderlands one, you could have two legendaries spawn in a vending machine at the same time.

I'm liking this game a lot though.

So I keep hearing about screen tearing issues with TPS on XB1 which is super disappointing. Is BL2 mostly okay? I'm wondering if I should buy it now and just play BL2 until TPS is fixed. If they are both messed up I'll just wait. Thanks.

Nokterian

Just got a e-mail my copy has been send so i guess i am up for tomorrow to play if there are more EU people who have it if not then the US.

v1perz53

So am I missing something or is there no way for two people to use 2 different characters from one account in splitscreen on PS4? For example, in the PS3 version, if I started up a game on AccountX that had a 50 Commando and 50 Gunzerker, I could load the commando then have my brother grab another controller, press X, log in also to AccountX and load up the Gunzerker. Can't find any way to do this on PS4, logging into the same account logs out the other controller, and logging in as guest doesn't give access to any of the characters.

Kadin

So I keep hearing about screen tearing issues with TPS on XB1 which is super disappointing. Is BL2 mostly okay? I'm wondering if I should buy it now and just play BL2 until TPS is fixed. If they are both messed up I'll just wait. Thanks.
I have yet to have any screen tearing issues with BL2 on XB1. It is most certainly an issue with TPS. I'm only playing BL2 right now until they (supposedly) get this addressed.

mid83

I want to pick this up but I'm not sure which console to get this on. Is this game pretty even on PS4/Xbox One?

Also, does the PS4 or Xbox One version of this game have a bigger community on GAF? I'd really like to play this coop and I'm hoping to find some good people to play with on here.

mike4001_

I want to pick this up but I'm not sure which console to get this on. Is this game pretty even on PS4/Xbox One?

Also, does the PS4 or Xbox One version of this game have a bigger community on GAF? I'd really like to play this coop and I'm hoping to find some good people to play with on here.

BL2 should be pretty even

TPS currently has a screen tearing issue on X1 -> hopefully this gets adressed fast in a patch

jayvo

For those wanting the PhysX, it is a huge performance drainer on PC (wasnt smooth even on a GTX 980 quad core i7 4790K) and its...kinda messy looking. Even on high, the liquids looked very blocky so in aggregate it wasnt a better looking game IMO just different (some effects were great, some not)

Game looks gorgeous on PS4 and runs smooth with no tearing - very pleased so far, and I dont miss the PC physx for the above reasons

At the time Borderlands 2 was released, I had a PC with an i5-3570k and a GTX 680. It ran Borderlands 2 maxed with a solid 60 fps and no dips with PhysX. I'm going to assume you either have a 2K or 4K monitor and/or a multi monitor set-up, otherwise....it's hard for me to see a 980 and i7 struggling with PhysX.

glaurung

So there are almost no particle effects in the PS4 version of BL2?

I watched an early stream via Twitch (had to be before the 0-day patch hit) and the game looked absolutely barren. Anti-aliased and running at a high resolution, but with very little visual flair.

Might still get this at some point.

So there are almost no particle effects in the PS4 version of BL2?

I watched an early stream via Twitch (had to be before the 0-day patch hit) and the game looked absolutely barren. Anti-aliased and running at a high resolution, but with very little visual flair.

Might still get this at some point.

Honestly this collection is just a barebones up-port, you get better res and frame rates but that's about it, good if you never played borderlands 2 before I guess but since I own that for 360, eh.

Honestly this collection is just a barebones up-port, you get better res and frame rates but that's about it, good if you never played borderlands 2 before I guess but since I own that for 360, eh.

Aw man, that means no goop when you're using acid weapons? What a bummer

Semper88

I have never played Borderlands but this looks fun, is it fun to play solo on the PS4 or do i need to play it with friends?

Also is online couch co-op possible?

I have never played Borderlands but this looks fun, is it fun to play solo on the PS4 or do i need to play it with friends?

Online couch co-op is possible. Certainly playable solo, but it can be difficult (for me at least :p).

I always do my first playthrough solo. It is a lot of fun just make sure you do some side missions so you are a high enough level to complete campaign missions with ease.

Yep, couch co-op can be played online.

Derpyduck

Banned
I've progressed far enough in BL2 to open Sanctuary and do some questing there. The framerate definitely takes a substantial hit from time to time in the surrounding area. Especially when the Bonerfarts come out of their holes. Walking through the center of Sanctuary always results in a framerate dip as well for no real apparent reason. Not game breaking by any means, but it isn't the "60fps smooth all the time" that I said earlier. This is on PS4, btw.

Is your Badass ranking supposed to transfer along with your character you upload? I transferred my character over with no problems on Xbox One howevermy Badass ranking is a 0 but the stats and challenge tracking all shows up with all my stuff checked off.

No pre sequel is not fun to solo

BL2 is but pre sequel is not.

Wait for price drop IMO if u want solo. pre sequel is a step backwards solo wise and balance wise, its not fun. I look forward to BL3 from the A team and not the expansion pack team begging for work,

And this will price drop soon, which is why you get all the DLC - no one cares. BL2 did great, pre sequel didnt - partly because it only launched older gen consoles but also because its just expansion pack quality not full game quality,

Play bloodborne until price drop on the "better than nothing" B team expansion pack drops in price.

mike4001_

Is your Badass ranking supposed to transfer along with your character you upload? I transferred my character over with no problems on Xbox One howevermy Badass ranking is a 0 but the stats and challenge tracking all shows up with all my stuff checked off.

Known problem at the moment

Gearbox is (according to the officials forums) working on a solution.

ObiDin

No pre sequel is not fun to solo

BL2 is but pre sequel is not.

Wait for price drop IMO if u want solo. pre sequel is a step backwards solo wise and balance wise, its not fun. I look forward to BL3 from the A team and not the expansion pack team begging for work,

And this will price drop soon, which is why you get all the DLC - no one cares. BL2 did great, pre sequel didnt - partly because it only launched older gen consoles but also because its just expansion pack quality not full game quality,

Play bloodborne until price drop on the "better than nothing" B team expansion pack drops in price.

I agreed with this when I played it on 360 at launch, but I am having way more fun with TPS on X1, even with the screen tearing, while playing the doppleganger character. Found my first legendary(min min lighter) at level 9 last night from a vending machine. Never got a legendary in BL2 from a machine, while I got loads in BL1.

Known problem at the moment

Gearbox is (according to the officials forums) working on a solution.

Thanks for taking the time to share that.
I wonder if it will mess anything up permanently if I continue on. I would go and play TPS and just wait but I was already waiting on them to fix the screen tearing in TPS by playing Borderlands 2.

I agreed with this when I played it on 360 at launch, but I am having way more fun with TPS on X1, even with the screen tearing, while playing the doppleganger character. Found my first legendary(min min lighter) at level 9 last night from a vending machine. Never got a legendary in BL2 from a machine, while I got loads in BL1.

Thats cool but how is that related to the expansion?

They needed something to cause people to play since the expansion was of no interest - story is meaningless since its set prior to BL2 (who cares about the motivations of such uninteresting joke characters like jack) and they added...cryo and stomps. stomps would be fun if they didnt come with enemies constantly jumping around and being annoying to hit (same with rolling)

jack...the whole character and the script is just childish and unbelievable, I never understood reviews praising the writing. it was an embarrassment, I'd take the writing of BL1 over 2 - and 1 had almost no writing.

How is the Psycho character? I just started a new single player character with him and don't want to waste too much time if I'm just going to hate him.

Derpyduck

Banned
How is the Psycho character? I just started a new single player character with him and don't want to waste too much time if I'm just going to hate him.

He's fun and far more challenging than Gaige. I like Gaige, but the robot is too damned OP. I get now why they referred to this character as one you let your GF/wife use. It's essentially easy mode.

Top Bottom