• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
There are some good images in the OP but does anyone have any real good desktop wallpapers that would span 2 screens? Or just any that look good together?

I like the wallpapers to "match".
EDIT: Actually, are there large versions of the RV in the Desert/Wwalt & Jesse pictures from the OP?

Lirlond

Anyone know when the new episodes will go up in the UK? All I've heard is it's the day after. Any other news from Netflix?

kehs

Banned
Can someone make a Skyler thread? I'm genuinely curious to see what people who don't post in here think about her.

Go_Ly_Dow

HYPE!

Has anyone heard about the UK Netflix airing thing? I heard they will upload the episodes a day after the air date or something?

- Sepinwall Interview: Bryan Cranston and Vince Gilligan Look back before the final season begins
Eight hours to go. Eight more hours until we find out exactly what fate “Breaking Bad” has in store for Walter White. Eight more hours until we find out if creator Vince Gilligan can stick the landing on one of the most daring, breathtaking, awe-inspiring feats of dramatic gymnastics in television history. Eight more hours of watching Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris and company make us laugh, make us cry, and make us curl up into a terrified little ball. Eight hours doesn’t feel like nearly enough for this great show, does it?

I’ve seen the AMC drama’s final season premiere, which airs Sunday night at 9. It’s fantastic, as you might expect, but the ways in which it’s fantastic are better left discovered as you’re watching. (I’ll have, as usual, an episode review posted as soon as it’s done airing on the East Coast.) But before this last batch of episodes begins, I sat down with Gilligan and Emmy-winning star Bryan Cranston to discuss the rare instances when they disagreed about what was going on with Walt, about what kind of actor Walt himself has become in the series’ final days, and about how each of them feels about walking away from the best work either of them is likely ever going to do.

Is Plemons main cast for 5B? Fraser too? They weren't in the photos for 5A. Good for them
Not sure if they're officially main cast or recurring or what, but they have full profiles up on the AMC site now, similar to Gus, Mike, etc...
There are some good images in the OP but does anyone have any real good desktop wallpapers that would span 2 screens? Or just any that look good together?

I like the wallpapers to "match".
EDIT: Actually, are there large versions of the RV in the Desert/Wwalt & Jesse pictures from the OP?
There's a set of posters/wallpapers on the AMC Downloads page. The page has links to previous seasons, too.

Shags

Banned
I believe this is a crucial piece of the story that will be revealed.

For reasons not yet explained, Walter suddenly left Gretchen during a vacation with her family, leaving her and his research behind.

Also Walter White is totally going to break down from his Heisenberg ego.

- Sioux City Journal Review: 'Breaking Bad' goes out with a big bang
Creator Vince Gilligan hasn't produced an ordinary television series. This is a ground-breaking one that lets us see just how corrupt one man can become.

Also, one tidbit from the Sepinwall interview - we're getting an extra few minutes on the last two episodes:
Bryan Cranston: There was talk about being able to extend it. Someone asked me a year ago after season 4, "How much longer can you go?" And I said, "It feels like two seasons to me," which would have equated to 26 episodes. And because we had to almost start over again after Gus Fring was vanquished then it's like well, now what? We have to begin anew. And it wound up being 16, so I was 10 shy. But there was a time then when Vince was saying, "I don't know how we can fill 16 episodes. I don't know how we can do it. I just don't. I don't want to dilute it just so we can fill (time), that's not good." And then all of a sudden you started working and it was like, "Oh we need more." And there was talk at one time about extending it for one more episode.

Vince Gilligan: That's true, there was. You know what, everyone at AMC and at Sony were very kind to us, because precise truth be told, we were about one act too long in these final 16. The last two episodes each, we're about six minutes overly long compared to regular run through time on a regular episode. So six minutes plus six minutes, 12 minutes that's about an act of television. So we missed it by about one act.

Bryan Cranston: Missed it by that much.

Vince Gilligan: But they let us have those overruns on those final two.

Breaking Bad is back for the last half of Season 5 on AMC. The new season starts Sunday, August 11th at 9pm on AMC. The final eight episodes of Breaking Bad will hit Netflix in the UK the day after they air in the States.

Well, fuck. That's fan-fucking-tastic news for me. A day wait is literally the best thing I could've hoped for. And having it on Netflix with sans-commercial interruptions makes this so much better. They really have been doing a stellar job of giving Breaking Bad some love over here in the UK, moreso than any other channel ever did. Providing that they don't screw it up you can have all of my money Netflix.

Nothing stops this train.

No for a variety of reasons.

Carmella was played by a better actress.

Carmella wasn't boring.

Carmella wasn't a hypocrite.

Carmella wasn't a coward.

Carmella didn't make EVERY single scene she is in worse.

I have been rooting for Skylar to die since season one, not because she is a "worse" person than Walt, but because she is by far the worst part of the show.

I haven;t read the whole thread yet, but Carmella absolutely *was* a hypocrite and a coward. Hugely. It's a major facet of her character, the superiority she shows while whe knows she's complicit. She was played by a better actress, but then Edie Falco is a better actress than just about anybody on TV, Anna Gunn is still quite good.

I think the Sopranos contrast does a lot to show how misogyony *isn't* a factor for a lot of people, because while I liked Carmell a lot, she really was a bitch in a lot of ways Skyler isn't. Yet she's better liked.

Anyway, Skyler for me is a great part of the show. The show would be half as interesting without her.

At this point is there any way for Jesse to find out what Walt did to Brock and Jane

He almost let it slip that he had been in the house. Or something. There's a possibility that Jesse will stitch it togeher.

Walt has to die by Jesse's hand. He just has to.

I dunno if he has to, but that would work for me. I'm Team Jesse. I would love for him to get the redemption that Walt will not.

Suit yourself.

In my opinion, "I am the one who knocks", Crawl Space, and the big confrontation at the end of Fifty-One are some of the greatest moments in the series, and they would not be nearly as fantastic without Skyler.

Agreed.

If there's a character I hate, it's Marie-- but I don't hate that she's on the show. I hate *her*. I'm alway surprised when people find her more likable than Skyler.

Walter White is the coolest most badass masculine man in television history. He's such a cool guy. I can see so much of myself in him, especially when he's putting his awful wife back in her place and when he's selflessly and successfully providing for his ungrateful family. I hope Skyler dies after giving birth to Ted's ugly baby and then Walt rides off into the sunset with some hot chicks on his arm. I hope Walt doesn't die. Jesse can come too if he apologizes to Walt for his past behavior.

Walt is a pathetic excuse for a man, who manipulates, hurts, and kills people to make himself feel better about how much of a failure he is. Mike knew this, and reminded Walt of it often, and it's really why Walt killed him.

For me, her character is no better than Walt and I feel awful for Walter Jr. and Holly because their parents are both assholes. If you think this opinion makes me a misogynist then screw you.

Yeah, this is the stuff that makes you seem like a mysogynist. Sleeping with somebody else (while attempting to force a divorce) and assiting with tax evasion (mostly to avoid the scrutiny it would bring to your husband's drug empire) is equivilent to running a drug empire and murder?

lol at carmella wasnt boring btw.

omgareyouokaywaltbecauseyourworkforme

You find Carmella boring?

You must have hated half of the Sopranos, that's too bad for you.

Just now watching S5 part 1 on Netflix and damn it's good. Much better than S4. But Skyler is even worse this season. Oh we'll.

- Warming Glow: The 10 Biggest Oh Sh*t Moments In The History Of ‘Breaking Bad’

Also, there's some good stuff in Warming Glow's S2 GIF recap. It's the first time I've seen a few of these in GIF form.

ibnsXQqRDCL7Iv.gif

RELIGHT

Banned
Some of you folks are nutso when it comes to your diehard Skylar support. It's as if you take a negative Skylar opinion as a negative opinion about yourself so you in turn call the person a misogynist, which I find extremely offensive and wholly unnecessary. Debate the characters and stop calling people names and making accusations.

I'll apologize for bringing up my opinion since it's caused such a storm but I started to become annoyed with the immature comments taking place in the other thread so I felt the need to say something. I'll keep it to myself next time but I'll ask that we conduct ourselves maturely. We're in this thread because we ALL enjoy the show. Lets appreciate that and at least show each other respect when opinions differ.

/soapbox

Murrah

Banned
Oh, how did I miss this thread last night? Awesome, thorough work as always Cornballer, these threads always make the last stretch much more bearable; gonna be perusing these reviews and videos the rest of the week I imagine

Glad to be with y'all one last time for this

Some of you folks are nutso when it comes to your diehard Skylar support. It's as if you take a negative Skylar opinion as a negative opinion about yourself so you in turn call the person a misogynist, which I find extremely offensive and wholly unnecessary. Debate the characters and stop calling people names and making accusations.

I'll apologize for bringing up my opinion since it's caused such a storm but I started to become annoyed with the immature comments taking place in the other thread so I felt the need to say something. I'll keep it to myself next time but I'll ask that we conduct ourselves maturely. We're in this thread because we ALL enjoy the show. Lets appreciate that and at least show each other respect when opinions differ.

/soapbox

Who exactly are you addressing? Most of the Skyler defenders *are* debating the character, that's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom