• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Volotaire

Any cities in particular you recommend? Dunno if I'd go back to my hometown
Luton

Birmingham is boring although they are going through a logistical, transport and facility transformation (not enough to catch up with Manchester's runaway success to retain it's second city status). We will see what happens after the city centre's transformation and HS2 in 10 years time. I have lived their 18 ish years. However, apparently it's the 3rd happiest city.

If you want the city life equivalent to large cities abroad with relatively low rent costs, commute from zone 4-6 to your London workplace.

Edinburgh could be interesting and is an alternative to the above. You may want to account for the instability with respect to national sovereignty. Bristol seem great as well.

York, Bath, Oxford, Durham, Cambridge seem like fantastic cities if you want to live near great views, the countryside and historical architecture.

EDIT: It was interesting to observe, whilst visiting Germany in the past week, the German perspective of the British European referendum with its slogans 'Bye Bye Britain' across newspapers and their TV stations.

Volotaire

What internet provider do you have/use?
I have Virgin 100MB, but I'm not liking it, I was with 50MB from BT and everything worked better, specially PSN.

Mmmmh, interesting, I would go, but I don't talk too much, do you allow lurkers in those meetings? xD.

Virgin 100MB. The throttling rules annoy me when you have flatmates, but Virgin and BT were the only providers offering 9 month student contracts. Moreover, they're among the best out there (apart from their miserable upload speeds).

Symphonia

Banned
What internet provider do you have/use?

I have Virgin 100MB, but I'm not liking it, I was with 50MB from BT and everything worked better, specially PSN.
I've got BT Infinity 2 and it works perfectly for me. I very rarely have any outages, and the speeds are consistent. I'm getting 70MB+ across all devices, even on PSN. This is with a laptop, two smartphones, a 3DS, a PS4, and a PC all connected at the same time. Plus you get BT Sport free with it.

I've got BT Infinity 2 and it works perfectly for me. I very rarely have any outages, and the speeds are consistent. I'm getting 70MB+ across all devices, even on PSN. This is with a laptop, two smartphones, a 3DS, a PS4, and a PC all connected at the same time. Plus you get BT Sport free with it.

Mmmh, I think I soon as I hit the fucking year contract I'll switch back to BT, PSN downloads where way faster with BT rather than Virgin (I already tried to change DNS and other stuff but PSN download still sucks).
Even torrents where faster from what I recall.

Virgin 100MB. The throttling rules annoy me when you have flatmates, but Virgin and BT were the only providers offering 9 month student contracts. Moreover, they're among the best out there (apart from their miserable upload speeds).

Yeah, 100MB/6MB is insane -___-.

Symphonia

Banned
Mmmh, I think I soon as I hit the fucking year contract I'll switch back to BT, PSN downloads where way faster with BT rather than Virgin (I already tried to change DNS and other stuff but PSN download still sucks). Even torrents where faster from what I recall.
Have you tried the Google DNS? They usually seem to work well on PSN, regardless of who your ISP is. I was getting 30-40MB with the Google DNS and that was when I was with Sky. They suck, though, so switched to BT Infinity and get double that.

Skele7on

Banned
tumblr_mk3f7wUz2B1qzs4fvo1_500.gif

I've been to Cardiff twice. I quite liked it, could see myself living there. That's enough to call myself Welsh for the purpose of football, I find.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Well, that is trade buggered for the afternoon:

1) Wimbledon
2) raining
3) pub on the corner is on fire so road blocked off

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So as part of my quest to catch up on things I've missed from last gen I can confirm

Gears of War is pretty cool. I'm half way through gears 2. It's funny.

Halo series gets better as it goes. Halo 3 was a blast. Loving Halo 4 so far as well. It's like Destiny with a single player mode. Ha ha ho ho

Uncharted was ok. Uncharted 2 was great fun. Looking forward to number 3.

But

Oh my fucking God. Heavy Rain. It's the funniest game I've ever played. I've been in tears so many times. I love Jason! And Shaun! Aside from that though it's truly fucking awful. Awful to the point of how the fuck does this guy get away with it. Awful to the point of Nigel Farage. God, it's a piece of shit. And I bought it digitally with beyond two souls. Have mercy. :-(

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Oh my fucking God. Heavy Rain. It's the funniest game I've ever played. I've been in tears so many times. I love Jason! And Shaun! Aside from that though it's truly fucking awful. Awful to the point of how the fuck does this guy get away with it. Awful to the point of Nigel Farage. God, it's a piece of shit. And I bought it digitally with beyond two souls. Have mercy. :-(
I was seriously laughing when during the cutscenes with music playing, I was thinking of the music from The Room playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdjtiOMGbA

MikeMyers

Birmingham is boring although they are going through a logistical, transport and facility transformation (not enough to catch up with Manchester's runaway success to retain it's second city status). We will see what happens after the city centre's transformation and HS2 in 10 years time. I have lived their 18 ish years. However, apparently it's the 3rd happiest city.

If you want the city life equivalent to large cities abroad with relatively low rent costs, commute from zone 4-6 to your London workplace.

Edinburgh could be interesting and is an alternative to the above. You may want to account for the instability with respect to national sovereignty. Bristol seem great as well.

York, Bath, Oxford, Durham, Cambridge seem like fantastic cities if you want to live near great views, the countryside and historical architecture.

EDIT: It was interesting to observe, whilst visiting Germany in the past week, the German perspective of the British European referendum with its slogans 'Bye Bye Britain' across newspapers and their TV stations.
Thanks for the advice.

The Briex stuff has got me reconsidering, though.

A few of the synthfad bands I like release their stuff on cassette too.

All the retro appeal of vinyl, none of the bespoke quality.

Have you listened to the latest dj shadow, Ninj?

NinjaBoiX

aphex_cheetah_tape.png

Out on cassette, too!
Oh Richard, you so cray.
Not heard that before. That's tasty!
It really is, so exquisitely crafted. When he's not preoccupied with melting your face with mental snares and acid breaks he can produce some genuinely beautiful music.
Have you listened to the latest dj shadow, Ninj?
Yeah, it's better than The Outsider but still not a patch on Endtroducing (possibly the finest record ever produced) and to a lesser extent The Private Press. Also, I'm not big into Run The Jewels, they're kind of juvenile.

But as the great man once said:

"Nobody ever made interesting music worrying about their legacy."
- DJ Shadow

Volotaire

Thanks.

Always so annoying being an Indian in the US. People always think I'm either Hispanic or Middle Eastern.

ha, there is no difference here, I have a friend who is from south america and it's brown~ish and people think he is from the Middle East.

To be honest I think the best way is to ask the person from where is it and don't make any assumption.

Top Bottom