• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

8bit

Knows the Score
Someone stole a cash machine from T in the Park.

Cm3FSdVWYAEc6bt.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
need travel assistance please. Those of you that commute into London for work and buy a season ticket - do they all have tube travelcards included? Searching for them on the national rail website and it automatically just says 'blah blah to waterloo plus zones 1-6 travelcard). I don't need that part so don't want to pay extra (well zone 1 would be handy but not the others).

£3.5k seems a bloody lot of money too o_O

need travel assistance please. Those of you that commute into London for work and buy a season ticket - do they all have tube travelcards included? Searching for them on the national rail website and it automatically just says 'blah blah to waterloo plus zones 1-6 travelcard). I don't need that part so don't want to pay extra (well zone 1 would be handy but not the others).

£3.5k seems a bloody lot of money too o_O

No you can get a season card without the travelcard, just specify the station you're going into when searching

spuckthew

I'm pretty sure you can buy rail tickets that have validity on the tube. But if you're commuting within zones 1-6 you can also buy travel cards for Oyster. My zone 1-6 monthly Oyster costs me £227.

Edit: misread, you don't need that shit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No you can get a season card without the travelcard, just specify the station you're going into when searching

tried that before but did it again with 'show all options' and it pops up. £2824. Still ouchy but better. although a yearly zone 1 travelcard is £1300, and paying daily is a fiver just to go from waterloo to london bridge (two little stops), which is basiclly £1200 a year. So still looking at £4k just for the train. Better make sure the job offer is paying enough.

tried that before but did it again with 'show all options' and it pops up. £2824. Still ouchy but better. although a yearly zone 1 travelcard is £1300, and paying daily is a fiver just to go from waterloo to london bridge (two little stops), which is basiclly £1200 a year. So still looking at £4k just for the train. Better make sure the job offer is paying enough.

If you don't change zones in the tube is just £1.5, Waterloo and London bridge are in zone 1 ( http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf ), so the travelcard is more expensive because the minimum is zone1-2.

Symphonia

Banned
Going on holiday tomorrow, and I need some of those 'choons' you lot keep linking in this here thread. What would you recommend as decent driving music? Gonna be in the car for at least six hours so need something that will keep me going.

Murkas

Anyone have experience of returning to uni to do a Masters a few years after finishing your undergraduate? How was the return to uni life?

Something I'm thinking of doing, would be about 2 years after I graduated, and will be 27 so still fairly young.

NinjaBoiX

Still can't get over how fucking good this record is, it's the sound of summer encapsulated into 43 minutes of aural bliss. The synopsis on iMusic words it beautifully:

"In Colour is the sound of dance music heard at helicopter height: beautiful, distant and surprising at every turn."

Jamie xx feat. Romy - Seesaw

Glorious, absolutely fucking glorious.

8bit

Knows the Score
I loved far nearer and all under one roof (and the gil Scott heron is amazing), but in colour is an album that I've put on and wondered where the music went. It's beige wallpaper on a disc.

Mr Git

I don't think I've ever posted in here! Hi!

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) Lancaster

What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Finishing my MA, currently procrastinating. Also barwork.

What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Learn to stop procrastinating.

Favourite daytime TV show? Diagnosis Murder

Fish or chips? Feesh

Daddy or chips? Chips!

What's your tipple of choice? Tea or rum.

Favourite party snack? Probably Pringles or MDMA. It uhh depends on the party.

Who is the best bald person? Skin from Skunk Anansie.

What's your disappointing claim to fame? As a kid my half sister was taking me and my brother to Granada Studios. We were sat in the back of the car, Curly Watts came walking past and sneezed on the car window next to my face.

What's your perfect Sunday? Tea and viddygames in bed

Did you threaten to overrule him? I did not instruct him.

Did you threaten to overrule him? I took advice on what I could and could not do.

It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? *explodes*

Rich!

why has britgaf suffered so much, holy fuck

I'm drunk

I hada few mates over but they start at 6am tomorrow because they're dumb cunts

Where do I go for breakfast tomorrow? I have a choice between a whetherspoons (£3.99 full breakfast), a greasy local (£4 heart attack who knows what the fuck) or a venture over the coast to find a decent indie pub with FUCKING CHIPS along with their brekkie (south england coast)

halp

Volotaire

why has britgaf suffered so much, holy fuck

I'm drunk

I hada few mates over but they start at 6am tomorrow because they're dumb cunts

Where do I go for breakfast tomorrow? I have a choice between a whetherspoons (£3.99 full breakfast), a greasy local (£4 heart attack who knows what the fuck) or a venture over the coast to find a decent indie pub with FUCKING CHIPS along with their brekkie (south england coast)

halp

BritGAF needs to take advantage of the post - Brexit craze.

And hello, Mr Git.

It's pretty easy to read without fucking up :p. I tried saying it aloud though and fucked up in about 5 seconds.

In English we call this a "contradiction". The word is a combination of "diction" which means the style and choice of words used in expression, and "contra", which is a word for right wing death squads used against Communists in South America.

BritGAF, are we excited for the return of Robot Wars next Sunday?

I am cautiously optimistic. Then again, I was cautiously optimistic for the referendum result :/

Volotaire

BritGAF, are we excited for the return of Robot Wars next Sunday?

I am cautiously optimistic. Then again, I was cautiously optimistic for the referendum result :/

I was excited when they first announced it. But, my expectations are more realistic because I don't know if I would enjoy it. As a kid, anything with robots crushing things was cool. Now, I'm not too sure.

Hey BritGAF.

Where do you come from? Essex

What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Currently working in IT tech support.

What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Being able to competently play a musical instrument would be neat.

Favourite daytime TV show? Come dine with me

Fish or chips? Chips

Daddy or chips? Chips

What's your tipple of choice? Tea/Dr Pepper. Alcohol wise any IPA is good.

Favourite party snack? Sausage rolls

Who is the best bald person? Dwayne Johnson

What's your disappointing claim to fame? Got interviewed for Japanese TV (i'm pretty sure they interview every foreign person they see at the airport)

What's your perfect Sunday? Watching Bob Ross.

Did you threaten to overrule him?
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? I had to google to find out where this was from :(

Hey BritGAF.

Where do you come from? Essex

What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Currently working in IT tech support.

What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Being able to competently play a musical instrument would be neat.

Favourite daytime TV show? Come dine with me

Fish or chips? Chips

Daddy or chips? Chips

What's your tipple of choice? Tea/Dr Pepper. Alcohol wise any IPA is good.

Favourite party snack? Sausage rolls

Who is the best bald person? Dwayne Johnson

What's your disappointing claim to fame? Got interviewed for Japanese TV (i'm pretty sure they interview every foreign person they see at the airport)

What's your perfect Sunday? Watching Bob Ross.

It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? I had to google to find out where this was from :(

Welcome bro! Where in Essex you from?

Woodford counts as Essex? I didn't know this. I used to live nearby in Wanstead, near Snaresbrook tube. I think it was one stop from Woodford. Maybe south.

Depends which bit of Woodford. South Woodford has an E postcode, but Woodford Green has an IG postcode and is technically Essex despite still being in a London borough.

Skele7on

Banned
A rant.

So I was terminated from my job but that's not the issue well sort of.

So left my previous place of work and now having some serious issues, what do GAF?

Left job on the 1st of July.
On the Monday 4th I text about items being sent back phone pass etc thing.
On Thursday see an email about these items respond accordingly and send them via special delivery guaranteed with tracking and signed for
Monday the reception of the office refuse the delivery, why God only knows, now I know I should have had a return address but going to a business you wouldn't expect them to refuse it, so now item is at the mega branch I. Belfast and I'm having to do forms and all sorts of other hoop jumping to have it returned to myself.
Issue is they refusing to pay me until these items are with them,
so I'm like WHAT THE HELL?
Am I crazy and at fault here? Or is this some twisted game?

Top Bottom