• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying a 4K TV for PS4K thread!

Weevilone

I received my LG 55E6 yesterday and I'm boggled at trying to get the settings right. What are folks using for black level with PS4 Pro and Xbox One S?

I'm also not totally sure what the motion processing settings do.

Is the EPP invite program still dead?

I bought a 55" B6 LG OLED this weekend, and it's absolutely amazing. I love it more than any electronic device I've ever loved. BUT, I really don't think I could resist a KS8000 for just $1,079 + tax. That's a massive difference in size and price over what I paid for my OLED.

nemisis0

My ju6445 48incch tv seems to support HDR since I see a massive difference in the ff15 demo, allows me to switch it on both the ps4 and thr game and tv.

spannicus

Is the EPP invite program still dead?

I bought a 55" B6 LG OLED this weekend, and it's absolutely amazing. I love it more than any electronic device I've ever loved. BUT, I really don't think I could resist a KS8000 for just $1,079 + tax. That's a massive difference in size and price over what I paid for my OLED.
Some say yes and some say no. You can try to use someones account by asking. This is a sure way to go. Just need their login info.

lt519

Whelp decided to submit my claim to Discover for the Samsung website price now instead of waiting out the 90 days to see if it drops lower than the $1179. Can't imagine a fire sale like this happening again.

Whelp decided to submit my claim to Discover for the Samsung website price now instead of waiting out the 90 days to see if it drops lower than the $1179. Can't imagine a fire sale like this happening again.

Is there another source that will price match? I don't have Discover so I can't price match through them (not sure how that'd work) but I would love to use that. I literally didn't have enough money at the time to get one of those 55" for 700-something. There will never be a deal that great again.

If someone would let me use their login info or place an order on my behalf, it would be much appreciated! :D

The deals aren't great anymore. A 49" for $900 is the best you'll do. The 55" was going for near 700 at the peak of the sale.

EDIT - Oh fuck, nevermind. The Employee pricing is no longer valid for me.

lt519

Is there another source that will price match? I don't have Discover so I can't price match through them (not sure how that'd work) but I would love to use that. I literally didn't have enough money at the time to get one of those 55" for 700-something. There will never be a deal that great again.

Other cards like AmEx, Chase, Citi might offer the same price protection, but it's very your mileage may vary. Depends if your claims person is having a good day or not. They also aren't supposed to honor employee pricing, so there's a good chance this gets rejected.

Apath

The deals aren't great anymore. A 49" for $900 is the best you'll do. The 55" was going for near 700 at the peak of the sale.

EDIT - Oh fuck, nevermind. The Employee pricing is no longer valid for me.

I was hearing $1079 or so. Honestly, even that $1200 deal sounds great.

Do I remember hearing there's a difference bt 60in and 55in of the ks8000?

Edit: and I don't understand why some peoples epp links (including mine) say for employees only and some peoples don't.

pgharavi

Banned
I couldn't resist the 65" at $1079. Problem is, I have a perfectly calibrated one-week old 55" KS8000, lol. anyone in the Bay Area interested?

I think I have an addiction.

no_to_co

I just ordered my Samsung TV thru EPP. Anybody know how long it takes them to deliver it to Los Angeles? Hoping to get it before Thanksgiving.

GA_RoyalT

Neo Member
Yes! found a helpful soul on slick deals 55" KS8000 ordered and awaiting shipment. $781.09 and 10% off Discover deal. Heck of night!

Yes! found a helpful soul on slick deals 55" KS8000 ordered and awaiting shipment. $781.09 and 10% off Discover deal. Heck of night!

Wut, where did you buy? Discover deal?

Can someone hook me up with this EPP program? Got a PS4 pro coming in tomorrow and would love to get a good deal on a 55" TV. PLEEEEASE!

MastAndo

I just ordered my Samsung TV thru EPP. Anybody know how long it takes them to deliver it to Los Angeles? Hoping to get it before Thanksgiving.
To anyone wondering the same - I ordered the 55KS8000 on Sunday afternoon from Samsung EPP. Got an order confirmation right away, but the status stayed on "Preparing for shipment" all through Monday and Tuesday. Got a shipping email a couple of hours ago and the package has been in transit all day and delivery is expected tomorrow morning. I too was worried it wouldn't be here for the long Thanksgiving weekend, but turn around time has been surprisingly quick so far. I'm in NYC, by the way. I know you're on the other side of the country, but I'm guessing delivery time to major cities will be similar (?)

It's also coming via FedEx, which was another relief. Unfortunately, I'll have to head out to work after right after it gets here, so I won't have time to check it and bask in its glory.

GA_RoyalT

Neo Member

Can someone hook me up with this EPP program? Got a PS4 pro coming in tomorrow and would love to get a good deal on a 55" TV. PLEEEEASE!

Bought from Samsung site through an EPP account, purchased with my Discover Card which has 10% off on the Samsung site until the end of the year.

Apath

I've asked a few people on Slickdeals with no luck so far. Basically you need the help of someone with an EPP account to get the deals with Samsung.

EDIT: Woot, someone is willing to help me out for $20. Anyone know if I am putting myself at risk for this?

I've asked a few people on Slickdeals with no luck so far. Basically you need the help of someone with an EPP account to get the deals with Samsung.

EDIT: Woot, someone is willing to help me out for $20. Anyone know if I am putting myself at risk for this?

Who know's...maybe look at their slickdeals profile and see how many post/likes they have gotten. 20 bucks...hmmm.

Guess Ill have to do some Slickdeal hunting, where did you go? Their forums?

Apath

Who know's...maybe look at their slickdeals profile and see how many post/likes they have gotten. 20 bucks...hmmm.

Guess Ill have to do some Slickdeal hunting, where did you go? Their forums?

I clicked on a deal for the KS8000 except not as good of one as the EPP deal. People offer to help out in the comments section. I sent a few of them PMs.

Is the 49 inch back down to 674 on the EPP deal? Can someone check

Yes it is..it has been like that since Sunday and I think it will stay that price til Black Friday..I ordered the 49 inch on Sunday but so far it has NOT shipped still says preparing for shipment and samsung says in their email to me the same generic email about how it takes 1-3 days to ship

pgharavi

Banned
Bought from Samsung site through an EPP account, purchased with my Discover Card which has 10% off on the Samsung site until the end of the year.

Is there a method to confirm that an order properly went through the Discover 10% rewards program? I presumed that simply using the Discover card would suffice. Upon reading some fine print, however, I realized I had to go through their "Discover Deals" website.

That lead to some quick calling, canceling, reordering, getting my CC unblocked bcs two TV orders shut me down....lol. What a nightmare.

Hence the question about getting any kind of confirmation from Discover about that 10%.

GA_RoyalT

Neo Member
Is there a method to confirm that an order properly went through the Discover 10% rewards program? I presumed that simply using the Discover card would suffice. Upon reading some fine print, however, I realized I had to go through their "Discover Deals" website.

That lead to some quick calling, canceling, reordering, getting my CC unblocked bcs two TV orders shut me down....lol. What a nightmare.

Hence the question about getting any kind of confirmation from Discover about that 10%.

I didn't get any kind of confirmation. I just went through the deal link in my discover account it says that it can take up to 10 weeks for the cash back though. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow to confirm.

____

Literally did the exact same thing. Literally every step.

I called Discover and she claimed that if I went through the Discover Deals link I'd have nothing to worry about but I'm still going to call again once the charge posts just to confirm.

Top Bottom