• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

Hip Hop

Acog M40 was basically auto aim insta kill crutch for suckers who couldn't aim. Seriously it was outright broken. At least on console. Only game with worse aim assist was MW3 on Wii. There the game basically hard locked you MP3 style when equipping the Acog onto the bolt action sniper.

It was the same on the PS3/360. lol

The snipers/Acog were awesome together.

IISANDERII

Acog M40 was basically auto aim insta kill crutch for suckers who couldn't aim. Seriously it was outright broken. At least on console. Only game with worse aim assist was MW3 on Wii. There the game basically hard locked you MP3 style when equipping the Acog onto the bolt action sniper.
Wow, I wonder why more people didn't use it, was it not widely known? At least I don't remember encountering them much.

Auctopus

A lot of the negative comments in here based on these videos are issues that were present in COD4. It's still a great game obviously but I feel like the rose-tinted glasses are slipping a little for some people.

"streamers" wasn't that much of a thing back when MW1 came out

That wasn't quite my point. I meant just the players themselves before they were even streamers.

naw

Wow, I wonder why more people didn't use it, was it not widely known? At least I don't remember encountering them much.
Tons of scrubs used it. Acog made the m40 more powerful to the point where you could shoot someone in the foot and it'd still one hit kill

It caused this phenomena called "sniper lobbies" where people would make private matches filled with mostly acog m40 users and they'd just sit there and quickscope 24/7 for their montage clips

like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xss6mEsgkp8

Then optic gaming came through and showed everyone that that shit was stupid, influencing a lot of snipers to switch back to reg scope. Plenty of acog users remained though because that's all they were good with. They couldn't snipe without it.

Gorillaz

A lot of the negative comments in here based on these videos are issues that were present in COD4. It's still a great game obviously but I feel like the rose-tinted glasses are slipping a little for some people.

That wasn't quite my point. I meant just the players themselves before they were even streamers.

I thought the same thing. I remember when this whole cod community on youtube kicked off with 4 with guys like blametruth, hutch, etc. This is going to be interesting seeing a lot of the newer guys on youtube, streamers and just overall fresh faces playing the game.

Randam

Didn't the acog just make it so even hits in the foot were a one hit kill?

You still had to aim like normal.

BTW
Surprised they didn't got rid of any of the bullshit the game original had.

zsynqx

Tons of scrubs used it. Acog made the m40 more powerful to the point where you could shoot someone in the foot and it'd still one hit kill

It caused this phenomena called "sniper lobbies" where people would make private matches filled with mostly acog m40 users and they'd just sit there and quickscope 24/7 for their montage clips

like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xss6mEsgkp8

Then optic gaming came through and showed everyone that that shit was stupid, influencing a lot of snipers to switch back to reg scope. Plenty of acog users remained though because that's all they were good with. They couldn't snipe without it.

Sniper lobbies were always dumb but running around with an acog in a reg lobby is definitely not just easy mode. Sure it easier getting feeds knowing you won't get hitmarkers but someone who is bad at sniping won't automatically be good if they just put on the acog scope.

kuYuri

Don't understand some of the complaints about the new sounds. It's not like the original was this bastion of amazing sound.

With that said, I would not be surprised if the use of the AW sound effects for capping flags and things like that are placeholder. CoD Multiplayer reveal builds tend to be older and use placeholder sounds and animations for some assets until the final release, where they can often change. For example, MW3's Kill Confirmed announcer at CoD XP 2011 was a complete placeholder generic voice, but the final release included the faction announcer calling out "Kill Confirmed!" whenever the tags were picked up. Here's an example of what I'm talking about with placeholder assets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjk2_2D_LLw

Not trying to get people's hopes up and it doesn't happen often, but you never know.

venom2124

Thanks for posting this. Whoever was playing had a hell of a game. Just watching the m16 rip through walls across the map makes the wait that much harder. Can't wait to use it again. Other guns I'm looking forward to dusting off are the naked ak47, silenced mp5, and rpd with grip. I seriously hope this is a start of activision remastering old cods each year because I would kill for world at war next. I'll also graciously accept mw2 and black ops 1.

Mr Clutch

Man compared to Blops 3 this game seems slow, but I like it. Also that inspect feature reeks to me of future skin support.

Tell me about it lol the first match of my demo I kept instinctively trying to boost jump lol I hate what the new CODs have turned me into haha

Mr Clutch

Don't understand some of the complaints about the new sounds. It's not like the original was this bastion of amazing sound.

With that said, I would not be surprised if the use of the AW sound effects for capping flags and things like that are placeholder. CoD Multiplayer reveal builds tend to be older and use placeholder sounds and animations for some assets until the final release, where they can often change. For example, MW3's Kill Confirmed announcer at CoD XP 2011 was a complete placeholder generic voice, but the final release included the faction announcer calling out "Kill Confirmed!" whenever the tags were picked up. Here's an example of what I'm talking about with placeholder assets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjk2_2D_LLw

Not trying to get people's hopes up and it doesn't happen often, but you never know.

One of Raven devs said they will look into changing the AW sounds. I'll try to find a source.

Edit: The Source was the Lead Designer for Raven.

gafneo

Banned
Tinúviel;215808858 said:
C/P from other thread.

They fucking nailed it IMO.

Dear Activision make Raven 4th main developer and give them rights to make a Modern Warfare 4.

What they should do
IW aka Neversoft: Tony Hawk

Gorillaz

they had a decent voice, hell four decent voices

idk why they aren't using them

new announcers are garbo
Yea it's something I liked alot back then as well even if it was small. I liked how they used the main guys from the story too like Griggs(whoever the dude was for the marines in SP) and Gaz for SAS. That is one tradition I liked that they carried each game going forward. Think even the OpFor voice was suppose to be the one who you were hunting for in CoD4 that did the assassination in that early on rails mission

Yea it's something I liked alot back then as well even if it was small. I liked how they used the main guys from the story too like Griggs(whoever the dude was for the marines in SP) and Gaz for SAS. That is one tradition I liked that they carried each game going forward. Think even the OpFor voice was suppose to be the one who you were hunting for in CoD4 that did the assassination

Yeah, it's going to be super weird to hear Griggs and Gaz in campaign, then switch to those terrible announcers in MP. We can probably assume Gaz has the same campaign VA because of some of his lines being used in trailers, so the replacement for MP is just baffling. I can't think of a better way to start a multiplayer match than "Let's do dis" (Marines spawn theme followed by Griggs' "Let's do this, Marines" is a close second). Raven what the fuck are you doing.

vin-buc

I'm glad I'm not alone in complaining about the VO's. They ruin a stellar presentation. I feel like both VO's are from a different military era. There's no way I'd be able to play these games with those continuous horrid voices - just watching the YouTube video is giving me a headache and I turned it off. The Russian VO in the overgrown video was equally as bad. Can this be salvaged?

Does anyone know if the killstreak glitch is still in the game?

Where you could use your killstreaks on your next re-spawn, and any kills that they got counted towards your next killstreak?

Pretty much meant endless choppers

Loxley

I'm glad I'm not alone in complaining about the VO's. They ruin a stellar presentation. I feel like both VO's are from a different military era. There's no way I'd be able to play these games with those continuous horrid voices - just watching the YouTube video is giving me a headache and I turned it off. The Russian VO in the overgrown video was equally as bad. Can this be salvaged?

The new Spetsnaz announcer honestly sounds like this dude's "impression" of Brian Crecente. I'm no game developer, but I imagine that multiplayer VO is something that could be fixed rather easily, so maybe if folks are vocal enough Raven will be able to fix it.

Thinking about it, I kinda hope they do variant versions of the maps since they likely wont do DLC(Winter Crash, Winter Overgrown, Etc)

they had a decent voice, hell four decent voices

idk why they aren't using them

new announcers are garbo

They needed new lines I think,
Griggs = Works at Respawn so not available,
Gaz = an actor, isn't going to get flown to LA for just a new line or two, probably expensive due to all the repeats.
The OPFOR and Russian voice shouldn't be much of a problem though, at worst just get someone from other COD's to replace them if you have to.
Hell 50cent is supposedly broke get him to replace Griggs, people thought he was Griggs in MW2 anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_080bxq_UQ

Also don't like that they gave Marines the ghillie suit, doesn't really fit any of the Marine's maps.

kuYuri

Has resolution/fps info come out for the console releases? I'm trying to decide and can't find it anywhere.

Really depends on how much of a remaster this is, but if we use Advanced Warfare as a base, full 1080p on PS4, 1360x1080 for XB1. If like Black Ops 3, it could go down as much as 1360x1080 on PS4 to 1600x900 or even 1280x900 on XB1, although I seriously doubt it will go that low on XB1.

PS4 Pro could theoretically upscale this to 4K.

Spy

I am usually against this but I will buy a new announcer DLC pack if one were to ever get announced.

Top Bottom