• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

andycapps

7533.gif

That's a great gif.

gioGAF

Squad points are basically for unlocking more characters. That is their only real use after you have determined what weapons, perks, attachments and killstreaks you like. I have a bunch of them, but I waste a good amount of them each time I "prestige". The last few characters are very expensive to unlock (~1,300 squad points for the last 4 I believe).

Lol at your gif Sanders. So spot on too ;-)

kuYuri

For anyone who still plays this on PC, a new update came out that apparently adds the FOV changer. Not sure what else beyond that. Max FOV setting is 80.

UthoOeI.jpg

1CNFpPM.jpg

Ensoul

After playing for a while I realize how effen useless grenades are in this game. Its completely pointless even equipping them. It boggles my mind that they explode and 98% of the time all I get is hit markers which of course never kills the person.

I guess that is why it is mandatory to have blast shield on because on any given match there are 27 IEDs all over the map.

?oe?oe

After playing for a while I realize how effen useless grenades are in this game. Its completely pointless even equipping them. It boggles my mind that they explode and 98% of the time all I get is hit markers which of course never kills the person.

I guess that is why it is mandatory to have blast shield on because on any given match there are 27 IEDs all over the map.
Canister bombs are more powerful and has a wider blast radius. Use it with Strong-Arm because it can't be thrown very far.

eek5

Canister bombs are more powerful and has a wider blast radius. Use it with Strong-Arm because it can't be thrown very far.

Yeah they're alright but it costs a lot of points to get it going. If you want to go explosives, doing a tubing build is by far the most cost effective.

I don't like canister bombs because while you can almost throw as far as C4, you can't get the vertical lift C4 does so it almost requires LoS to throw which defeats the purpose.

Blast shield is useless. Any tuber will shit all over you either with kastet/rb cancel or SoH double tube anyway and most of the time it's still OHK if you've taken any kind of damage or if they put the tube right on the money. You can still die to IEDs w/ BS. Best is to just run sit-rep or whatever it's called and avoid them or blow them up for yout eam.

popeutlal

After months of playing this game...I bought a used copy of BLOPS2. I thought it would get get better, but I couldn't get used to how boring everything is in this game.

Apoc87

Banned
The camping is very real in this game, even in Kill Confirmed.

Ugh, it disgusts me.

Like one of the posts above me, i'm thinking about going back to dat blops2

E92 M3

So for the folks whom played the Titanfall beta, how are you guys managing to play Ghosts? TF essentially ruined most shooters for me - except Halo.

Recall

The camping is very real in this game, even in Kill Confirmed.

Ugh, it disgusts me.

Like one of the posts above me, i'm thinking about going back to dat blops2

So instead of adjusting and observing how to beat the new play style it is instead best to just run away? I like that for a change a COD game is more about that slower pace rather than running around like a bunch of headless chickens.

Apoc87

Banned
So instead of adjusting and observing how to beat the new play style it is instead best to just run away? I like that for a change a COD game is more about that slower pace rather than running around like a bunch of headless chickens.

It's hard to beat the new play style when everyone is just sitting in windows with sniper rifles...

Recall

It's hard to beat the new play style when everyone is just sitting in windows with sniper rifles...

I play with the Remington and use the map to see where they are and wait them to move or use short bursts from afar to kill them.

With all the infared and tracking sights you can beat them at their own game. It is what I do as I suck with a sniper rifle.

So for the folks whom played the Titanfall beta, how are you guys managing to play Ghosts? TF essentially ruined most shooters for me - except Halo.

The TF beta is the polar opposite of how I play in call of duty. Maybe thats why I didn't find myself wanting to continue playing the beta that much.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

It's just not as fun. I'm glad I kept BLOPS2; I keep going back to it and haven't touched Ghosts in a while. Will probably sell it after Titanfall comes out. I pretty much felt the same way about MW3. Just not a fan of the "new" Infinite Ward.

Might even give BF4 a try.

I wasn't too keen on Ghosts in the first place and now it's just impossible to play. Tried one match, got sniped, saw the typically retarded replay, quit. Unless they re-release COD4, I think I'm done with this series.

zeelman

Its not a new play style, its the culmination of bad playing habits developed over previous games. Combine that with the maps which have no real flow to their design, stealth perks with no counters, and a terrible UAV system (that was implemented specifically to slow the game down), and the pace grinds to a halt. The people who run around like headless chickens will do that regardless of the pace of the game.

eek5

Eh.. camping is pretty easy/boring. I can see why people wouldn't want to "adjust" to it. Even my "aggressive" SMG classes involve a ton of camping and sitting around.

This is one of the least balanced CODs so far. I mean you probably never use half the equipment or guns and I know over half the perks are more or less unused. The game relies heavily on camping. Every single play I've matched up against with over a 2.0 is a huge camper.

Past CODs might not have been as "[slow] pace[ed]" but you could definitely play slow if you wanted to but it also had the option to play fast which is punished pretty heavily in Ghosts.

I mean when when the suggestion for getting spawn killed is to spawn in and hide somewhere for a couple seconds to make sure you didn't get spawned in front of an enemy you know shit is good. lmao

eek5

So apparently loki packages (maybe even odin) on fog can end up being mike myers. I got the care package briefcase and got a loki (to my disappointment) but ended up dropping myself a mike myers then killing enough people as mike to get another cp which turned out to be a loki. Thanks for the free win, IW! lmao

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wasn't still very sill back then? Now they're selling classes; can't believe that was green lit.

Classes? Or do you mean load-outs? Black Ops 2 has a thing where you can buy 10 additional load-out rows to customize for like 2-3 dollars, but extra load-outs within those roles had to be earned through Prestige levels.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Unfortunately

Yes, load outs. Seems like in Ghosts though they just took 5 out and then just charged for 5 more.

Yeah, I will say that Ghosts is taking it much farther than Black Ops 2 did. There it was just Skins and Reticles for your guns, plus one or two extra things. Now it's that, plus multiplayer character skins, skins for your streaks, and these load-outs. The load-outs don't require any work to make like a skin does. It's ridiculous.

Its not a new play style, its the culmination of bad playing habits developed over previous games. Combine that with the maps which have no real flow to their design, stealth perks with no counters, and a terrible UAV system (that was implemented specifically to slow the game down), and the pace grinds to a halt. The people who run around like headless chickens will do that regardless of the pace of the game.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. Combine all that with a lean-to system, and maps that are just a multi-leveled mess with no clear shooting lanes and you have what we have now-a fucking camps paradise. It doesn't help that a lot of the guns feel generic and samey, and some weapon classes like shotguns are basically nigh useless on a majority of the maps. It doesn't feel fun when I circle the map almost 3 times trying to find someone to kill, only to be gunned down by some camping asshole laid down in the corner/grass/wtfever with reticle up rinse repeat (replace reticle up with IEDs to taste).

Call of Duty has always supported run and gun and you could, at the very least, fight back against campers. This has been true since Big Red One. This is no longer possible. Ghosts has run and gun gameplay on maps that are clearly not for run and gun. It's effectively a campers game now. You know your CoD has an issue when its not about what favorites maps I like, but which maps I hate the least over the current one.

People don't like it, and its showing now in the player count. Blops2 actually has a higher player count during prime time then Ghosts only a few months out from launch on PS3. The other night it had a player count that was nearly within 20k of the PS4 player count during prime time :/

The console transition window was there time to mix of the formula-at bare minimum show us the future of the franchise on new consoles. They blew it-effectively steering the inevitable course.........right into a fucking ravine. Its going to take an amazing entry from Sledgehammer to renew my faith in the franchise.

Ghosts worth getting on ps3?

It's not worth getting on any console unless your a super fan of the franchise. There's a reason why people were jumping ship to BF4 even though it was still buggy and broken. Ghosts is pretty much CoD's FF13 in my opinion.

kuYuri

Yeah, I will say that Ghosts is taking it much farther than Black Ops 2 did. There it was just Skins and Reticles for your guns, plus one or two extra things. Now it's that, plus multiplayer character skins, skins for your streaks, and these load-outs. The load-outs don't require any work to make like a skin does. It's ridiculous.

But for the most part, they are just that, cosmetics. I'm honestly surprised this didn't start even earlier, other MP shooters have been doing this for years now.

Daffy Duck

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. Combine all that with a lean-to system, and maps that are just a multi-leveled mess with no clear shooting lanes and you have what we have now-a fucking camps paradise. It doesn't help that a lot of the guns feel generic and samey, and some weapon classes like shotguns are basically nigh useless on a majority of the maps. It doesn't feel fun when I circle the map almost 3 times trying to find someone to kill, only to be gunned down by some camping asshole laid down in the corner/grass/wtfever with reticle up rinse repeat (replace reticle up with IEDs to taste).

Call of Duty has always supported run and gun and you could, at the very least, fight back against campers. This has been true since Big Red One. This is no longer possible. Ghosts has run and gun gameplay on maps that are clearly not for run and gun. It's effectively a campers game now. You know your CoD has an issue when its not about what favorites maps I like, but which maps I hate the least over the current one.

People don't like it, and its showing now in the player count. Blops2 actually has a higher player count during prime time then Ghosts only a few months out from launch on PS3. The other night it had a player count that was nearly within 20k of the PS4 player count during prime time :/

The console transition window was there time to mix of the formula-at bare minimum show us the future of the franchise on new consoles. They blew it-effectively steering the inevitable course.........right into a fucking ravine. Its going to take an amazing entry from Sledgehammer to renew my faith in the franchise.

It's not worth getting on any console unless your a super fan of the franchise. There's a reason why people were jumping ship to BF4 even though it was still buggy and broken. Ghosts is pretty much CoD's FF13 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Is agree with you. Got very bored of Ghosts after only a few weeks.

They cater to a certain player and sadly the generic CoD player is a douche bag.

eek5

But for the most part, they are just that, cosmetics. I'm honestly surprised this didn't start even earlier, other MP shooters have been doing this for years now.

except for the loudout pack which gives you a huge tactical advantage and unlocks customization slots without having to make in-game unlocks (i..e new character will have 7 classes available from the start which is 1 more than someone who unlocks all 6

kuYuri

except for the loudout pack which gives you a huge tactical advantage and unlocks customization slots without having to make in-game unlocks (i..e new character will have 7 classes available from the start which is 1 more than someone who unlocks all 6

I personally don't agree that having extra slots gives a "huge" tactical advantage. But that's me. Mind you, I'm not defending the practice of selling them either.

Top Bottom