• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

How is Onslaught for other PS4 users?

In the UK they don't seem to be using dedicated servers. On the Onslaught playlist I'm back to waiting for 3 sweeps of 'finding games' before it finds a good game to join and before the game starts the text mentions stuff about picking best host and settings for host and games can be noticeably laggy.

Whereas if I hop into the standard playlist I'm into a game in the first sweep of matches and it doesn't mention things like picking host and settings and it plays like a dream.

Seems a bit of a piss take if they're not using servers for the DLC playlist.

alterno69

Banned
The new maps are awesome, perfect size and feel a lot like classic MW stuff IMO, too bad it will take weeks before they're included in the regular rotation.

Hip Hop

Anyone play on the Wii U?

How are the numbers? I remember playing Blops 2 back when I had my Wii U and it was fairly low (around 2,000 players) but it was good enough to play FFA, which is the only mode I play most of the time.

Bought a Wii U again and may pick this up.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone play on the Wii U?

How are the numbers? I remember playing Blops 2 back when I had my Wii U and it was fairly low (around 2,000 players) but it was good enough to play FFA, which is the only mode I play most of the time.

Bought a Wii U again and may pick this up.

Usually around ~1500-2000 depending on the day.

IISANDERII

No download link, this is what I get eveytime
kcm06w.jpg
VitaGAF :)
Didn't even know it was on Vita

d9b

Banned
I've jumped into MP last night for the first time (on PS4). It's usual COD MP fun, no connection probs (nat open), enjoyed it for what it is. Will play more.

P.S. Singleplayer was meh and just plain ugly, just high reseolutioned last gen game.Killzone SF and Battlefield 4 really put this game visually to shame.

Anyway, as I said enjoyed MP and will play more. Also, there was fair amount of players online and no problems getting into matches.

Ensoul

kind of want to try the new maps but with titanfall approaching :

I thought that as well but I figured by the time titianfall comes out I would have gotten my 15 bucks worth of playing time from the new maps.

Over the maps are good. I am getting my ass handed to me on fog though. Always getting shot in the back and getting spawn killed. Same with the scarp yard remake. I never really like that map.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So we just randomly got Free Fall on the Wii U.

Edit: I'm already sick of this map, it pops up all the time, and everyone votes for it.

GloveSlap

I need help with my connection on PS4. I lose connection to the host every game I play. It happens anywhere from 10 seconds to over a minute. It started happening around the time of the first update.

I have tried everything I can think of. Changed NAT to type 1 open. Deleted and reinstalled the game. Reset the system settings and rebuilt the database in safe mode.

I haven't been able to rule out the PS4 being the problem by hooking it up somewhere else yet. My modem is 2Wire combo modem and router, ISP is U-verse It works fine when I play Halo 4 on Xbox.

Does anyone know of anything that would cause this problem?

?oe?oe

I played for a good while today. Free Fall only appeared once, and I was the only one to select it, so I still haven't played it yet.

Proc

I've sunk more time into ghosts on ps4 these last few days than altogether since launch. I've been really digging onslaught and the few assault classes I've been dabbling with have finally started to gel with me. Overall I'm having a good time with it. The fog level is so random but actually a pretty well done. Other casual cod fans might want to check it out too. I don't think the included maverick assault rifle feels op as Jeff from giantbomb was letting on. Its a fun gun to mess with.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Definitely enjoying Ghosts and the new maps. I don't know if it is franchise fatigue for some or I just have shitty tastes, but I don't quite get all the hate towards Ghosts.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So the Onslaught maps are worth it? I'd love to get addicted to CoD again, but vanilla Ghosts isn't doing it for me. I miss the smaller maps.

Is there a decent amount of players on PS4?

E92 M3

So the Onslaught maps are worth it? I'd love to get addicted to CoD again, but vanilla Ghosts isn't doing it for me. I miss the smaller maps.

If you want to play COD - I say just wait for the next installment. Ghosts isn't that good.

Plenty of players. I prefer medium and larger maps so I can't comment on if you'd like them or not.

Scrapyard remake is same old trashy map that it always was.

BayView is quite good, a decent size, but a busy map. Not one for those that don't like the 50 entrances to a room though. Everything is at a cross roads but to me that adds excitement, it keeps you thinking.

Fog isn't that small but funnels well. And that's the thing with the disc maps. Compared to previous maps they're not actually that big. But people obviously are getting that perception and it's just down to design and flow, not physical dimensions.

Containment is meh.

bluehat9

man, they really decided to make Nightfall a lot harder than the first extinction map...the third area is just a clusterfuck with all the scorpions and nowhere to move. I've tried solo and made it there with all my downs and couldn't beat it, I was in a party and we only had like one person go down until that area and just got slaughtered too.

Sioen

Definitely enjoying Ghosts and the new maps. I don't know if it is franchise fatigue for some or I just have shitty tastes, but I don't quite get all the hate towards Ghosts.
It's the worst cod since call of duty 3, I'm actually not even sure if that's true or not because this game is awfull.

It's the worst cod since call of duty 3, I'm actually not even sure if that's true or not because this game is awfull.
What don't you like? From my perspective it ticks all the boxes.

- Dedicated servers
- Support streaks to encourage objective playing
- Fewer powerful lethal streaks (I don't like the idea of you've done well, now inflict more pain and do even better)
- Domination back to one round, 200 points and the flag neutralising helps solo players
- An overall balance towards ground-based killstreaks
- A nice variety of map size, and layout type - that is it isn't full of small maps or maps with three lanes like BO2 was
- Weapons work for the scenarios they are intended for. Shotguns do good on Strikezone, snipers do good on Stonehaven and faster RoF ARs outperform on smaller medium sized maps compared to the slower RoF ARs, but likewise those slower RoF guns work better on the larger maps. So unlike some previous games (especially COD: SMG Edition, or BO2 as it was marketed as) you can't pick one gun and use it on any map and have success regardless.
- A flexible class creation system. Pretty much took the best bits of Pick 10 but removed the limitations it had and best of all we're back to having killstreaks set per class to allow for tactical gameplay based on how the enemy team's play style.

The list goes on. I get that ultimately map design and size is down to personal preference but outside of maps I fail to see how anyone can dislike it, compared to previous iterations.

TCRS

Banned
have they fixed the spawn system? I remember there were issues when the game was released, people spawning behind the guy that just killed you etc.

All I want is quiter, slower CoD like Black Ops. Still the best CoD imo. My lovely M14, oh how much I loved her..

alterno69

Banned
It plays just like a CoD game should play, not having choppers, air strikes and missiles spaming already makes this one of the best CoD gsmes. The maps are the weak spot but there are still good maps there and the new ones are great except for ignition which is meh.

Maybe people are just tired of playing the sane gane every year but i have a great time playing with my friends, i almost never play solo.

Sioen

It plays just like a CoD game should play, not having choppers, air strikes and missiles spaming already makes this one of the best CoD gsmes. The maps are the weak spot but there are still good maps there and the new ones are great except for ignition which is meh.

Maybe people are just tired of playing the sane gane every year but i have a great time playing with my friends, i almost never play solo.
Could be that I just got bored with it. This is just my least favourite.

eek5

What don't you like? From my perspective it ticks all the boxes.

- Dedicated servers
explain the host migrations and dashboarded games just ending then lmao

- Support streaks to encourage objective playing
Yeah but assault streaks are terrible now and score streaks >>>> kill streaks imo since it encourages objective play

- Fewer powerful lethal streaks (I don't like the idea of you've done well, now inflict more pain and do even better)
- Domination back to one round, 200 points and the flag neutralising helps solo players
Two rounds is better competitively especially considering how completely one-sided a lot of Ghost's maps are. I don't understand why you would like 1 round better (unless you're always host and get the good spawn on maps).

- An overall balance towards ground-based killstreaks
- A nice variety of map size, and layout type - that is it isn't full of small maps or maps with three lanes like BO2 was
- Weapons work for the scenarios they are intended for. Shotguns do good on Strikezone, snipers do good on Stonehaven and faster RoF ARs outperform on smaller medium sized maps compared to the slower RoF ARs, but likewise those slower RoF guns work better on the larger maps. So unlike some previous games (especially COD: SMG Edition, or BO2 as it was marketed as) you can't pick one gun and use it on any map and have success regardless.
Eh. I feel like 3 lane maps have the best flow. It's not a coincidence that some of the best maps in ghost are maps like warhawk, fog, bayview, which are all 3 lane

- A flexible class creation system. Pretty much took the best bits of Pick 10 but removed the limitations it had and best of all we're back to having killstreaks set per class to allow for tactical gameplay based on how the enemy team's play style.
Eh.. the kill/scorestreaks are nice but this is probably the least balanced COD by far. I dont' use secondaries on ANY class. It's not worth the point because it isn't balanced. I don't use more than half the perks in this game becuase it isn't worth the points.. because it isn't balanced. I don't use half the guns in the game because it isn't worth the points.. because it isn't balanced.
[/quote]

The list goes on. I get that ultimately map design and size is down to personal preference but outside of maps I fail to see how anyone can dislike it, compared to previous iterations.

SPAWNS ARE TERRIBLE.

I don't think people really understand how to chain the streaks yet. If you go dog or chopper into gryphon into helo pilot you'll get helo pilot every 2 or 3 games depending on how good you are. I've been doing it in TDM, DOM, KC, etc. every game mode basically. Yeah scorestreaks were easy to get in BO if you played the objective but TDM on BO2 was about as pure as it got because the objective was getting kills and it was HARD to get high streaks.

Ghosts TDM is kind of an abomination. Terrible spawns + no map control, no flow to games. You just camp around, fuck around get a helo pilot and the game ends with you sitting at 25-30 kills. So fun.

Mar. 4, 2014 Patch notes

Title Update: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.

New Features
Allow Free Fall to be available for everyone.
All challenges are now active operations at once.
Main Menu layout update.
Update to Gold Camo tracking. Now shows how many camos left to unlock Gold.
Added Hunted Free For All leaderboard.
Added Weapon Operations to the Operations menu.

Stability
Removed tracker sight exploit on Warhawk.

Anti-cheat
Prevents players from inappropriately modifying 'kick' messages.
Anti-cheat tool updates.

eSports
Made changes to Clan v Clan: Remove bomb timer sounds, and restrict Ghillie suit use.
Fix for not allowing people in an eSports system link game from viewing third person.
Fixes issue where CODCaster icon was erroneously showing up for remote players on a private match client machine.
Fixed issue that could cause a user to get booted for repeatedly changing classes during match.
Fixed issue where preset camera buttons were not working while the fullscreen map is up.

Additional Fixes
Fix to destroy planted explosives if they are placed on top of a care package and then care package is claimed before explosive.
Fix for players that switch teams to see correct colored notifications when their allies use kill streaks.
Fix KD history not updating in team matches that expire on time.
Fixed the title only displaying the first two characters of the user's gamertag in a Private Match lobby when that user does not have the same map packs as host.
Fixed weapon information in Player Card to allow proper weapons to be seen in clan details.
Fixed minor graphical bug related to UI rendering.
Various bug fixes regarding non-active controllers following invites.
Fixed a thermal sight issues that could allow the user to skip the raise animation.
Fix for player "Time Played" category overlapping text.
Fixing issues where guest accounts can open the leaderboards menu.
Fixed an issue where the challenge "Sponge III" was not tracking as expected.
Fixed an issue where the XP points popup showed for kills in killcams.
Fixed issue where monthly/all time filters didn't work for the squads leaderboards.
Fixed rare instance where player is unable to call out a killstreak or care package after earning.
Added the ability to retain intel challenges for an extra life using Resilience.

Extinction:
Casual mode added to Local and Solo matches - limited achievements available and no leaderboard posting.
Hardcore Mode added to Local, Solo, and Custom Matches for Point of Contact and Nightfall.
Numerous fixes to Nightfall.
Reduced the radius for Explosive Ammo.
Fixed a cash exploit while dropping money.
Fixed a bad location on Nightfall for one of the Stay in the Marked Area challenges.
Nightfall now properly tracks "Mission's Completed" on the Player Card.
Point of Contact and Nightfall Leaderboards now both properly track Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The columns were reversed in previous TUs.

PC Specific Update
In addition to the Title Update.

P2P auth improvements.
Fix for false positive VAC ban message when Steam servers are non-responsive or if the user's VAC status cannot be determined.

Xbox One Specific Update

Added LAN support.
Kinect voice command fix for selecting game modes.
Fixed incorrect messaging that could occur for local parties.

Xbox 360 Specific Update

Console bans now display an error message at login.
Fixed issue where game host wouldn't receive an error message after not disabling party chat.
http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200795177#.UoO0TaLTldi

I'm excited about Extinction casual mode, since I find it too tough for solo play.

operon

anyone know what the 2 gig patch last night was for, a few special characters couldn;'t have taken up that much space

edit: question answered just as I hit the submit button

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I love extinction, but my god it's tough to get a competent group. I am by no means at all an elite player... But these people are buffoons. I'll bet it takes 10 tries to get a group where someone doesn't mess up the first two challenges.

"Challenge - Use melee only!"
3 seconds later... BANG BANG BANG BANG.

I've played COD since part 3 day and night. One of the biggest COD fanboys there is. I bought it for my Day One Xbox. I played it. I tried it. Its the worst COD in a long time imo. Terrible. Terrible. So bad that this is the first time I've ever seen them do this.

001433-Hero1.jpg

001433-Hero2.jpg

001433-Hero3.jpg

Try Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer this weekend on Xbox Live*. The free demo includes 3 multiplayer maps – Strikezone, Warhawk, and Prison Break; 3 multiplayer modes – Search & Rescue, Domination and Team Deathmatch; and the original Extinction game mode – Point of Contact.

Just sign in to Xbox Live this Friday and download the Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer demo from either the Xbox dashboard or the Game Demos tab. Then get right into a match against friends, family, and anyone else enjoying the free demo weekend.

I will download the free map weekend. I want to give the new maps a chance. Let's see how they go. But times must be tougher than they thought. Never seen them do free maps like this. Wonder how many people that have COD, didn't buy a map pack this time,. First time ever that I have never bought any of the map packs. I buy those day one when they come out always to play with my clan. Not this time. Not this COD. They have Neversoft part of the maker of this game it says on the back? Ya.. can tell. Those maps are huge skate park maps that would be great to play on with a skateboard.

Those aren't the new maps, unless you're talking about the new map free weekend later on in the month that hasn't been officially announced yet.

well whatever that free map weekend they're doing starting friday.. i haven't played those, so they'll be new to me. :) I got that in an email.

What makes you say this one is the worst CoD?

I think this is best one since COD4. No overpowered kill streaks, no deathstreakes, no BS. Just gun on gun, winning is based on awareness and map control.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I think this is best one since COD4. No overpowered kill streaks, no deathstreakes, no BS. Just gun on gun, winning is based on awareness and map control.

There is no map control because spawns suck.

Plus dogs are a cheap killstreak.

LMAO, I didn't even realize it was the original maps . Ha ha ha.. sorry about my no news post!

wow.. they just want people to play the damn game! I thought this was a free map pack trial. They're just getting people to play!
They probably will do that later on in the year, it is something they started doing with BO2. They had a DLC pack trial weekend on consoles, don't know about PC.

Also, some new gun coming soon. Looks like an SMG that can transform into an AR as and when you need it. And also shows a new map.

http://instagram.com/p/lKrtfSypyT/

The maps. Terrible. I hear the map packs have been better, but what joke the default maps are. COD is a run and gun game, and a game with a couple choke points on each map for action. This new one, the maps were designed for a Tony Hawk skating game imo, and have way too many ways of getting hit from. People just wait in one area a lot on this one it seems.

Oh well...

blazeuk

Ghosts is the first CoD I've skipped in a long time, mainly down to fatigue but also because they didn't sell it to me well enough to want to spend money on it. Will definitely try the free weekend out, but it's probably a bit too late for me to bother with now especially with Titanfall out days later. I'm happy to have something different to play until then though. Are the free weekend maps generally thought of as the better maps? (it'd make sense if they're trying to sell the game)

Top Bottom