• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

At least this shit game of much shit has one thing going for it: it's made MW3 appear a hell of a lot more attractive. And that wasn't a very attractive game to begin with!

Yeah, I will say that Ghosts is taking it much farther than Black Ops 2 did. There it was just Skins and Reticles for your guns, plus one or two extra things. Now it's that, plus multiplayer character skins, skins for your streaks, and these load-outs. The load-outs don't require any work to make like a skin does. It's ridiculous.
BO2 had extra loadouts for sale too.

The only new thing with Ghosts is the character skins and character customisation was not possible in BO2, and a skin for a dog, which again - as BO2 didn't have a comparable killstreak - they could not sell.

I wouldn't call it ridiculous. I'd call the people buying it ridiculous.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
BO2 had extra loadouts for sale too.

The only new thing with Ghosts is the character skins and character customisation was not possible in BO2, and a skin for a dog, which again - as BO2 didn't have a comparable killstreak - they could not sell.

I wouldn't call it ridiculous. I'd call the people buying it ridiculous.

I know about the Blops 2 extra loadout "columns" if you will, however, that offered something that previous Call of Duty games did not have. Additional loadouts within each of those columns were gained through Prestige ranks. Now you get to buy them. Boy o boy.

zaphod79

I know about the Blops 2 extra loadout "columns" if you will, however, that offered something that previous Call of Duty games did not have. Additional loadouts within each of those columns were gained through Prestige ranks. Now you get to buy them. Boy o boy.

BLOPS handled it by giving you 5 loadout columns at the start - and each time you prestiged you gained a token you could use to unlock another one so at Prestige 5 you could have the maximum allowed 10 slots

There was then a DLC 'option' which you could buy that gave you extra columns - this was done a good 6 months or so into the release cycle for the game so many people already had 'plenty' of slots

Ghosts starts you with just 3 slots with more can be unlocked for squad points but it does feel more restrictive at the start (thinking about it I would not be surprised if the timeline from release to making additional slots available to purchase is about the same for both games)

I'm not sure what you mean.

The additional class/loadout slots microtransaction is the same for Ghosts as it is BO2. They both bring your total loadout/class counts to 10. In BO2 you could unlock more per prestige and in Ghosts you unlock soldiers to achieve the same.

zaphod79

The additional class/loadout slots microtransaction is the same for Ghosts as it is BO2. They both bring your total loadout/class counts to 10. In BO2 you could unlock more per prestige and in Ghosts you unlock soldiers to achieve the same.

See my post above - BLOPS2 started at 5 and when you bought the extra you got another 10 columns (so 50) - so that by Prestige 5 you either had 10 (no DLC) or 100 (DLC)

Your correct that you can unlock additional 'soldiers' to extend your choices for each match but each soldier starts back at level 1 with nothing beyond the basic equipment for that class whereas BLOPS each class was linked to your one soldier so all loadouts were at your current level.

kuYuri

Still a rumor, but pretty much hinted at in a tweet before.

niTm6eD.png

Also, there will be an Onslaught trial and an MP demo that includes Strikezone, Warhawk, and Prison Break, with TDM and Domination as the playable game modes.

See my post above - BLOPS2 started at 5 and when you bought the extra you got another 10 columns (so 50) - so that by Prestige 5 you either had 10 (no DLC) or 100 (DLC)

Your correct that you can unlock additional 'soldiers' to extend your choices for each match but each soldier starts back at level 1 with nothing beyond the basic equipment for that class whereas BLOPS each class was linked to your one soldier so all loadouts were at your current level.
For sure - but that's down to the different create-a-class systems between the two games.

The end result is the same once you've gone through prestiging or unlocking you'd have 100 on both.

You could argue that Ghosts can be more preferable due to you not needing to play for hours in order to prestige and unlock more.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

It's slightly different. I bought the Black Ops 2 DLC, and I know what it is. When I say columns, I mean there are ten different sets of loadouts that you get to customize, and before each battle, you get to choose which set you're going in with. That set contains the typical 5+ loadouts. You earn more loadout slots within the sets through Prestige ranks.

With Ghosts, you only have one set (as far as I know), and the DLC is just to buy more loadout slots within that one set. The closest thing they've got to multiple sets is different squad members, but that's an awful grind.

It's hard to explain... and I guess I don't really care about all the microtransaction stuff after all.

zaphod79

For sure - but that's down to the different create-a-class systems between the two games.

The end result is the same once you've gone through prestiging or unlocking you'd have 100 on both..

Correct however the road to get there is quite different

It's slightly different. I bought the Black Ops 2 DLC, and I know what it is. When I say columns, I mean there are ten different sets of loadouts that you get to customize, and before each battle

It's hard to explain... and I guess I don't really care about all the microtransaction stuff after all.

What mangochutney is pointing out is that its the same for Ghosts if you think of each of your soldiers as one of those columns - you select the soldier at the start of the match and you have all the custom slots you have selected for that solider.

So if you bought the DLC for both you would have BLOPS with each game allowing you to select a column and then pick from the 10 class setups in that column and in GHOSTS selecting a solider and then pick from the 10 class setups for that solider.

Personally I much prefer the BLOPS way of handling things

Fucking finally, today's the day. Looking forward to running these new maps with my zombie themed custom game recipes.

niTm6eD.png

Also, there will be an Onslaught trial and an MP demo that includes Strikezone, Warhawk, and Prison Break, with TDM and Domination as the playable game modes.
Where'd you find these? I'll buy the shit out of that hazmat suit.

Edit: I find out, it's from this pastebin. Seems legit especially as the images are linked from xbox.com

Toa TAK

Banned

niTm6eD.png

Would totally get Zakhaev (only if he's missing his arm).

I read that they're blaming Sony and PSN for not releasing title update necessary to initiate the download. Really shitty that the Buy option is active but as soon as you buy it there no download option in-game or in PSN store.

Hey guys,

I really don't want to go digging through 60+ pages to find out if Blops2 is better than Ghosts. I've got a Wii U and LOVE Blops 2 multiplayer. At most, though, there's about 1100 or so people playing it at peak, i think. I still haven't played through SP, and don't like Zombie mode. However, control is silky smooth, plays lightning fast, and is a great time whenever I hunker down to snuggle up with the gamepad.

Trade it in for Ghosts, or keep what I have?

kuYuri

Fucking finally, today's the day. Looking forward to running these new maps with my zombie themed custom game recipes.

Where'd you find these? I'll buy the shit out of that hazmat suit.

Edit: I find out, it's from this pastebin. Seems legit especially as the images are linked from xbox.com

Infinity Ward also tweeted a very obvious hint that was of Makarov a day or two ago, so this is pretty legit.

Hey guys,

I really don't want to go digging through 60+ pages to find out if Blops2 is better than Ghosts. I've got a Wii U and LOVE Blops 2 multiplayer. At most, though, there's about 1100 or so people playing it at peak, i think. I still haven't played through SP, and don't like Zombie mode. However, control is silky smooth, plays lightning fast, and is a great time whenever I hunker down to snuggle up with the gamepad.

Trade it in for Ghosts, or keep what I have?

If you have Black Ops 2 already, just stick with it. It's a fine game.

surprised this didn't happen sooner, im seeing a lot of captain price on xbox one

let the flood gates commence B^)

but why no infected on the new maps :/

You know what would be rad? If both of the new consoles understood you purchased a season pass at the system level, and just downloaded new content the second it was available.

You know what would be rad? If both of the new consoles understood you purchased a season pass at the system level, and just downloaded new content the second it was available.
You're right, that would be totally rad.

Played just a little of the new maps last night. Good stuff.

eek5

Usually they go into the rotation after a month or two of being out. For the first two months they are alway separated.

Unless it's BO2 then you could play them mixed in every game mode from day one lol

IW is pretty good at creating map fatigue. By the time they mix the DLC into playlists you're already sick of all that shit.

gooface

Banned
I really hope they one day fix the optimization on this for PC. It just seems like a stuttering mess even on a 3770K with a GTX 780 at 1080p.

Top Bottom