• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Review Thread | Celebrating 10 years of doody

SRTtoZ

The PS4 version from the video review seems to have some serious AA issues, I wonder how the XB1 version will fare. Can't be a good sign that the embargo isnt up for another week compared to all the other versions...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Atleast Lunchbox got to post that incredible OT before getting banned.

I'm not surprised to see reviewers start to crack down on CoD, but it's very hard to ever get proper guidance for games like this. They live and die by the MP, which is all about map design, spawns, balance, etc. and a lot of that just can't be determined until there's a good chunk of playtime invested.

I'm not surprised to see reviewers start to crack down on CoD, but it's very hard to ever get proper guidance for games like this. They live and die by the MP, which is all about map design, spawns, balance, etc. and a lot of that just can't be determined until there's a good chunk of playtime invested.
Did he make the CoD OT?
Oh wow, that's the best OT ever.

Spoiler:
It plays like every COD game's multiplayer since COD4

I hate this about reviews. No one review mp. No mention of the new dedicated servers or experience beyond perks and extinction.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Spoiler:
It plays like every COD multiplayer game since COD4

Haha, still, a LOT happens just with maps and how they can be broken down. It just bugs me that pretty much every game gets a treatment of basically listing bullet points of features that are now different then move on. Same with netcode and hit detection, all kinds of fucked up shit tends to rear its head once it gets out of the reviewer bubble and into the mass public.

Duxxy3

Whatever happened to that 90fps ps4 version that was talked about at e3? How did it go from that, to dropping under 60?

U2NUMB

Have not played yet but was watching the Rev 3 review (not really a well done review at all ) where they said they introduced a friendly AI voice in MP that calls out enemies? Is this true? That sounds horrible.

Curious if those playing it notice this. They claimed it was a way to "level the playing fireld" for new players..

hodgy100

I can buy your house 3 times over and fill it with copies of killzone 4 sandwiched in it shit

know who you're talking to fam, Astroturfers try to buy my OTs and I show them how I wear their net worth on my left wrist

Whelp D: didn't mean to piss you off, I thought thought there were better ways to say "I don't like killzone" :S

Whatever happened to that 90fps ps4 version that was talked about at e3? How did it go from that, to dropping under 60?

They could have implemented extra effects on that version since then.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
But MW2 had the best multiplayer.

Only Infinity Ward (Original) knew how to make a map.

Sec0nd

Have barely seen any coverage of the new Call of Duty so I decided to watch the GT review of the game. While it looks undoubtably even more boring than the previous CoD games the review really pissed me off. It came across like the reviewers felt really tough to finally have the guts to criticise the Call of Duty franchise. Every negative point they made about the game could have been made for any other CoD game, ever.

I dunno, random annoyance. Made the review (and all the other reviews before it) feel really insincere.

Apologies for the shameless self promotion, but here's our review.

Push Square - 6/10

Call of Duty is a series that's getting stagnant. This latest edition is a solid shooter, with highly tuned mechanics, an addictive multiplayer offering, and a plethora of content to play through – but it very much feels like a familiar game with a few minor adjustments. The new Extinction mode is particularly good, but it's the highlight in a title that's following a tired recipe. Fans of the series will enjoy Call of Duty: Ghosts regardless, but those of you looking for something new will have to dig out those night vision goggles and search elsewhere.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/call_of_duty_ghosts

Have barely seen any coverage of the new Call of Duty so I decided to watch the GT review of the game. While it looks undoubtably even more boring than the previous CoD games the review really pissed me off. It came across like the reviewers felt really tough to finally have the guts to criticise the Call of Duty franchise. Every negative point they made about the game could have been made for any other CoD game, ever.

I dunno, random annoyance. Made the review (and all the other reviews before it) feel really insincere.

Shane Satterfield reviewed most of previous COD titles for Gametrailers (he was also EIC). He's been one of the biggest COD apologists around for years now.

He left the site early this year, I'm not shocked that a new reviewer resulted in a lower review score. I mean, the game doesn't seem up to snuff with previous iterations, but given GT's traditionally harsher grading average, previous COD titles probably would have been in the 8s rather than the 9s had ANYBODY else there reviewed them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
When he made the thread the reviews were still three hours away, so could have just gone to bed. I mean even he has to sleep eventually.

Then he should have let someone else do it instead.

I can buy your house 3 times over and fill it with copies of killzone 4 sandwiched in it shit

know who you're talking to fam, Astroturfers try to buy my OTs and I show them how I wear their net worth on my left wrist

I'm no fan of obnoxious blowhards, but this post is still a work of art.

Unban this guy ffs!

fucking IGN gave the game an 8.8.....are you kidding me that review has money all over it....SMH

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

Scott Lowe is crazy about CoD. He is the one that got all those gameplay exclusives on ps4 a while back. It was preetty obvisous that the review would be influenced by that.

That's like letting Colin Moriarty review res0gun. He is crazy about the game/genre. They should get someone more impartial to dio it.

ViciousDS

Banned
Scott Lowe is crazy about CoD. He is the one that got all those gameplay exclusives on ps4 a while back. It was preetty obvisous that the review would be influenced by that.

That's like letting Colin Moriarty review res0gun. He is crazy about the game/genre. They should get someone more impartial to dio it.

No kidding that would be like me reviewing every dynasty warriors game and giving them all at least an 8.5+ just because I LOVE DW and the hack 'n slash genre.

jayu26

Okay, so PS4 has some frame-rate dips. Every reviewer is saying that. So, if Xbone maintains the frame-rate...

Either way, digital foundry comparison of this game is going to be glorious.

Activision are probably already thinking about shutting IW with a metascore like that (I know Metacritic averages are bullshit, but considering how much faith the industry seems to place in it, I wouldn't be surprised if Acti were thinking about closing the studio - We know how ruthless Activision can be)

What were preorders like for Ghosts? There doesn't seem to be any hype anywhere for this game.

I have to say everything I've heard about this game has me underwhelmed and the Giant Bomb review only served to reinforce that feeling.

We'll bitch and moan about it every year, but I really do wish IW, Treyarch and whoever is forced to work on CoD titles were given more time than a year between releases. That way we might actually see some new ideas form or even innovation! Rather than what we have now where features and modes are actively removed or replaced year on year just because Activision's metric data deemed certain modes unpopular (yes I am bitter about the removal of HQ and Hardpoint)

Sethista

No, its easily the best cod this gen.
The campaign was great and the mp was extremely fun, the maps didnt suck either.

MW2 is the reason why I stopped playing COD. The campaign was laughable, the plot points were a joke, things happened, you had no idea why, they never touched on again, like the level where you had to save the VIP in the US. Really, I almost lost my eyes they rolled back so far and so many times during that campaign.

And the multiplayer? at any given time after 2 weeks it was online, in any match there were like 3 to 4 different air strikes going on, it was unbalanced, buggy, and a mess.

Can you point out to me the good things about MW 2? I seriously cannot see it.

Top Bottom