• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Review Thread | Celebrating 10 years of doody

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is MW2 really considered weaker than the games that followed? I think that's the last time multiplayer maps worked.

I consider MW2 to easily be one of the worst COD games and the start of the downward spiral towards more killstreaks and other stupid shit. However COD3 and MW3 still hold the throne for worst games of the franchise.

COD4 and BLOPS 1 will always be my favourites and I'll probably always play them to an extent. From what I've played of Ghosts I quite like how big the maps are but only played a few.

Weird that they use MW2 as the pedestal example as the worst COD game when MW3 was about a trillion times worse.

I don't think that's it at all. They are saying this is worse than any COD since MW2, which would include MW3.

But people should already know where they stand on this game. What you are going to get is utterly predictable.

kaskade

Do the reviews always come out day of? I thought I remember them being a day or two before. I'm probably wrong though.

antitrop

COD3 and MW3 still hold the throne for worst games of the franchise.
The truth.
YvTR0OU.gif

Vire

Oh god, Call of Duty 3 was so bad, especially coming off the brilliance of 2. I can't wash that shit out of my brain, it just permanently stains the reputation of Treyarch in my mind no matter what they do.

Ishan

ah kk pst ... was confused when it hit 12 here and nothing was up .. hmm another 2 hours then ..

Amazing map design, no cramped maps, first CoD to introduce killstreak perks and it didn't break the game, it was fast, had vehicles that weren't overpowered.

Nothing bad about it at all. Oh and you never got shot around corners or had awful netcode that the CoD4 engine lovingly introduced.

Atruvius

I consider MW2 to easily be one of the worst COD games and the start of the downward spiral towards more killstreaks and other stupid shit. However COD3 and MW3 still hold the throne for worst games of the franchise.

COD4 and BLOPS 1 will always be my favourites and I'll probably always play them to an extent. From what I've played of Ghosts I quite like how big the maps are but only played a few.

I agree with you MW2 was the start of the downfall and the last Infinity Ward CoD I bought and played. I started playing CoD's and online multiplayers with CoD4 (along with a few other PS3 online shooters) and CoD4 has been the some of the best multiplaying time I've had.

Vire

Amazing map design, no cramped maps, first CoD to introduce killstreak perks and it didn't break the game, it was fast, had vehicles that weren't overpowered.

Nothing bad about it at all. Oh and you never got shot around corners or had awful netcode that the CoD4 engine lovingly introduced.

tracey-morgan-nope.gif

Big Red One was the worst in the series, no one remembers it anyway.

I remember renting and finishing it way back when, but I don't have any clear memory of me liking or disliking it. I know for sure I didn't hate it nearly as much as COD3, WaW, and MW3.

This.

CoD4 is the king as far as multiplayer goes. Get out with that CoD3 bullcrap. That was a horrible game through and through.

Yeah, I loved playing CoD4 and shooting some guy in the back only for him to turn around and kill me. Made it much better when I'd view the killcam and see a completely different scenario.

It was great!

Gorillaz

Yeah, I loved playing CoD4 and shooting some guy in the back only for him to turn around and kill me. Made it much better when I'd view the killcam and see a completely different scenario.

It was great!

Your actually one of the first to admit to liking CoD3....different things for different people tho

CoD4 wasn't that bad with the peekaboo mechanics. That didn't happen until MW2 came around.

soultron

Banned

It was great!

Bro, you need to get better at the game. #sitdown #letsgo #letsgetit #MLG #yoloswaggins #noscopinyourmum

Heysoos

god I hate that boom gif now. It's so overused. //ot

Anyways will hold out for more reviews. I have 30 some bucks in my Steam wallet, so I may take a dive into the game. Though I'm enjoying BF4(when it's not crashing) atm so I may hold out a bit.

Toa TAK

Banned
Just now it's gettin' a crap review?

Big fan of the series, but finally! Needed it since MW3.

EDIT: Or, at least it's the first one I've noticed for a COD game. But MW3 lacked the quality of the original IW.

I haven't been following this game at all. Does the MP have vehicles this time around?

Also, I thought MW2 was awesome. Great set pieces and solid mp.

If people are going to shit on a COD game, do it on MW3 and even then, considering it turned out as well as it did considering what, a third of the team quit during development(including the director and other key leaders of the series).

Your actually one of the first to admit to liking CoD3....different things for different people tho

CoD4 wasn't that bad with the peekaboo mechanics. That didn't happen until MW2 came around.

I know I'm not alone :(

It took me until maybe level 35-45 to start noticing this killcam weirdness in CoD4. It wasn't anything I'd ever experienced before in a game so it actually kinda confused me at first. In the past it was always just rubber banding or running on the spot. Since then though it hasn't really changed. What is it? Lag compensation or something they call it. Anyway it ruined it for me. Knowing it was basically the server deciding who should have won rather than what actually happened.

megamerican

I figured this was gonna be the year where the critics slaughter the sacred cow.

I love the series, but it seriously needs room to breathe and some fresh ideas.

Toa TAK

Banned
Well it is Polygon. Best you wait for the tidal flow.

Good point. But it is nice to see, though.

It's bad to want a game to get bad reviews, but I'll take anything to send a message to IW or Treyarch to change up the game in a MAJOR way.

Honestly, I'm more excited to see what Treyarch will do with this "updated" engine next year. They do things a bit differently for better or for worse, but I'm always up for it.

I don't know if it's the weird FOV this guy is playing on online, but the guns seems really stretched out. Like the guns are way too long. It seems odd.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, Call of Duty 3 was so bad, especially coming off the brilliance of 2. I can't wash that shit out of my brain, it just permanently stains the reputation of Treyarch in my mind no matter what they do.

Whilst it IS bad Treyarch had 8 months to make that game from beginning to end so I can at least cut them a bit of slack. It wasn't really until after W@W where they probably started getting more time and money from Activision. They were very much the 'churn the shite out' studio for Activision before then.

madmackem

Blackops 2 killed cod on my friends list, never have i seen a cod dropped so quickly with many going back to mw3. Im expecting ghosts to pay for that drop off with lower sales, i think the cod bubble might have burst.

Top Bottom